Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Nobody is happy Putin is pulling this move. We’re pissed Putin sees how weak Biden is and pulling this move.  

I don’t even understand what their gripe is?… They refuse to state what they want to be done here.  They’re mad at those of us who don’t want any US troop involvement in Ukraine.   They say, because of that, we are Putin fanboys.  Am I to surmise all these neolibs want us to go to war with Russia? 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The Domino Theory.  This is what got us into Viet Nam. Better to fight them over there than over here.  Come on, man.

No, I'm not (is anyone?) advocating for a military intervention.

But what we've seen is the classic formula for war - a war that, according to Putin himself, won't be limited to eastern Ukraine, or even the whole of Ukraine. And the classic formula is this: an aggressive regime coupled with ineffective deterrence.

What negative consequences did Putin suffer from the taking of Crimea? (I'll wait while everyone looks that one up because I'm coming up with a big "None.")  Putin may be a dictator, but he's a dictator propped up by a lot of corrupt oligarchs living in places like London and Miami and New York. We can make life very difficult for them, both financially and in other ways. If it doesn't happen now, I fully expect the Baltics to be next.

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t even understand what their gripe is?… They refuse to state what they want to be done here.  They’re mad at those of us who don’t want any US troop involvement in Ukraine.   They say, because of that, we are Putin fanboys.  Am I to surmise all these neolibs want us to go to war with Russia? 

No one wants war… and no one in America should be parroting Putin’s talking points you fascist traitor 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

No one wants war… and no one in America should be parroting Putin’s talking points you fascist traitor 

What Putin talking point have I recited?

I don’t want US troop involvement.  

We can sanction them, and that’s all well and good - I’d be on board, but you can’t expect middle/lower income Americans to be cool when their energy costs skyrocket.  

All over a country that has zero significance to us outside the media convincing you that you MUST care about this.   Like I said.. why not care about what’s happening in Ethiopia, or Rwanda, or Somalia?  

If anything, you should be happy we’re not obsessing over this, considering Putin took Crimea under Obama and is taking Donetsk/Luhansk (likely more) under Biden.   This after Biden simped for Germany and Russia on Nordstream.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

What Putin talking point have I recited?

I don’t want US troop involvement.  

We can sanction them, and that’s all well and good - I’d be on board, but you can’t expect middle/lower income Americans to be cool when their energy costs skyrocket.  

All over a country that has zero significance to us outside the media convincing you that you MUST care about this.   Like I said.. why not care about what’s happening in Ethiopia, or Rwanda, or Somalia?  

If anything, you should be happy we’re not obsessing over this, considering Putin took Crimea under Obama and is taking Donetsk/Luhansk (likely more) under Biden.   This after Biden simped for Germany and Russia on Nordstream.   

Why did Trump gut the GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine in 2016?

What role did Manafort play on that change? Should we ask Mueller?

What is at the root of this Russian love stemming from the cult for the past 5 years?

What could it be? 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I'm not (is anyone?) advocating for a military intervention.

But what we've seen is the classic formula for war - a war that, according to Putin himself, won't be limited to eastern Ukraine, or even the whole of Ukraine. And the classic formula is this: an aggressive regime coupled with ineffective deterrence.

What negative consequences did Putin suffer from the taking of Crimea? (I'll wait while everyone looks that one up because I'm coming up with a big "None.")  Putin may be a dictator, but he's a dictator propped up by a lot of corrupt oligarchs living in places like London and Miami and New York. We can make life very difficult for them, both financially and in other ways. If it doesn't happen now, I fully expect the Baltics to be next.

I'm glad to hear you are not advocating military intervention. I may be wrong, but it seems @Tiberius and @BillStime are pretty hip on the idea.

You say there were no negative consequences Putin suffered from the taking of Crimea.  I suppose.  But what negative consequences is China getting for taking Hong Kong? Now they are going after Taiwaan?  The only sanctions going on there are against us.  Shouldn't we be doing something about that?

If we do sanctions, gas prices will go up 50 cents a gallon according to Jen Psaki.  Sounds more like sanctions against us. On top of that do you think Russia will not retaliate some how?  Possibly could be large cyber attack. They're good at it.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm glad to hear you are not advocating military intervention. I may be wrong, but it seems @Tiberius and @BillStime are pretty hip on the idea.

You say there were no negative consequences Putin suffered from the taking of Crimea.  I suppose.  But what negative consequences is China getting for taking Hong Kong? Now they are going after Taiwaan?  The only sanctions going on there are against us.  Shouldn't we be doing something about that?

If we do sanctions, gas prices will go up 50 cents a gallon according to Jen Psaki.  Sounds more like sanctions against us. On top of that do you think Russia will not retaliate some how?  Possibly could be large cyber attack. They're good at it.

Another one with absolutely pathetic reading comprehension skills 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

So.....Trudeau probably admires him 

I can’t wait for Trudeau to take over some of the pathetic red states here in the US…. amirite?

Idiots 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Another one with absolutely pathetic reading comprehension skills 

Enlighten me.  Your posts talk about all the horrible thing Pooty Poot is doing and Elephant team members are cowtowing to Potty Poot.  What do you propose we do about it short of military intervention?

44 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ahhh.....how cute...

The same way Trudeau, Hunter Biden, the Democrat Party, John Cena, and Silicon Valley look at Xi.

All you losers gtfo with your fake anger at Putin and stone cold silence about the full capitulation of the Democrat party to China - all those mentioned above take orders from them

That's far worse then anything you want to say about Russia....that seems to do these things when those same Ds are in power. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Russia now demanding areas occupied by Ukrainian forces...their own territory. Naked imperialism 

Another Biden Triumph.

It most surprising after all the money he and his family made off of them that he let this happen so easily.  I guess it’s on them for not buying any of hunters blow art.. 

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

nothing is ever Joe’s fault

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Another Biden Triumph.

It most surprising after all the money he and his family made off of them that he let this happen so easily.  I guess it’s on them for not buying any of hunters blow art.. 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Another Biden Triumph.

We need a tougher response you think? American air power needs to be committed? 

Is that  what you want? 

Why care about Ukraine and the Budapest Memorandum

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2019/12/05/why-care-about-ukraine-and-the-budapest-memorandum/

Never forget Ukraine had nukes.  But we didn't want that so we made them get rid of the 3rd largest stockpile in the world.  

In exchange we offered military "assistance" in the event Russia invaded them.  

Tho vague, don't doubt for one second if it gets ugly, if Biden needs a distraction, if media drums for war increase, we're going in.