Fournette wasted opportunity.

newcam2012

The Bills had a chance to pick up Fournette. Easy to play armchair QB but I remember wanting the Bills to sign him. Instead the Bills are left with Moss, Motor, and Breida. None of these guys compare to Fournette. The Bills as many other teams whiffed on him. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 11

11 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Does the TB offensive line come with him?

That would help for sure.

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wish I could give this more than 1 beer

Fournette has been very good for Tampa not only today. He was very good in the playoffs and super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

TB has also invested in the oline in both draft and free agency.

You don't say???? 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Fournette has been very good for Tampa not only today. He was very good in the playoffs and super bowl. 

And here in Buffalo with our oline he would look more like the Fournette in Jacksonville. 

Fix the line and Motor would look much more competitent 

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills had a chance to pick up Fournette. Easy to play armchair QB but I remember wanting the Bills to sign him. Instead the Bills are left with Moss, Motor, and Breida. None of these guys compare to Fournette. The Bills as many other teams whiffed on him. 

How do you know he wanted go anywhere but TB? I doubt he did, Allen doesn’t have the pull of Brady when drawing talent.. not yet at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So then where was this thread when he ran for 8 yards or another game when he ran for 30 yards?

As others have said he looks decent (not very good) because of the line and he’s definitely not the focus of the other team’s defense. He was thought of so poorly that Jacksonville just cut him

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A running back is only as good as his O Line unless you have Barry Sanders or OJ. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

How do you know he wanted go anywhere but TB? I doubt he did, Allen doesn’t have the pull of Brady when drawing talent.. not yet at least. 

Allen may have the opposite attraction for a running back.  If I'm a RB that wants say 20 carries a game, after watching Buffalo last season why would I want to come here?  Say what you want about Brady, but over the years he's used the running game more.  On the other hand if you're a WR or even a RB that likes making catches out of the backfield, Buffalo and KC are the places to go.

I'm sure they can improve the running game in the off season, both by changes to the line and RB too, but not everyone would want to come here.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

This line of thinking is true for every team who doesn’t pick 1st in every round. 
Think how many fans are saying the same thing about Allen, White, Knox, Edmunds, Davis, etc. 

Also keep in mind how important culture is to McBean when they draft. Not saying Fournette is a bad fit for the Bills but I don’t get worn out second guessing their draft history. Like every team, they’ve had some “woulda, coulda, shoulda’s” but they’ve also build this team into a contender for years to come. I say let’s ride with these guys win or lose and at the end of the day be grateful for what we have!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.