Time to go on record if you honestly believe this is still a SB caliber team or even a playoff team at this point

FilthyBeast

Any team can get on a run. If they beat Pats twice they win the division and host a playoff game. They can still make the SB despite McD. 

I'm still the optimist. Bills win next two games and they are in.

If they miss the playoffs, McD has to go. Not sure Beane even has the power to do that but it needs to happen. Then Beane gets one more offseason and one more draft before he is jettisoned too.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

I think we make the playoffs as a wild card. No way we win this division. BB is 10x smarter than SM, and hopefully we don't get swept by the Pats! Spencer Brown and Feliciano are our two best guys on the O line, so I'm not as worried about the O line, as I am the D line and the fact that we forgot how to tackle. Why are we trying to tackle everyone around the neck?? Good teams go low and we're going high and missing a ton of tackles. Penalties are also killing us!! Where is the discipline Coach McD??? I've got us going 10-7 and winning one playoff game, but this will go down as one of the most disappointing years in a long damn time!

As i said in another thread. May be more appropriate here. No team that gets dominated like that in a big game, at home, will be a threat to win the Super bowl. That dream has died today.  Buf might still be able to sneak in as a wild card but it’s hard to tell.  If they lose to the Saints then no. If they beat the Saints then they Need to at least split with NE. 

Too may other AFC teams have 6-7 wins already. 

When healthy, we are absolutely a contender.  When not healthy we are vulnerable depending on who is out. 

But we have one major issue...we are committing way way way too many dumb mistakes to beat ourselves.  We are our toughest opponent.  

We continue to leave points on the board and also let opponents have free points because we make untimely mistakes and penalties.  3rd and 2 and going to easily pick it up...play blown dead...false start.  Next play holding...suddenly 3rd and 18 instead of TD or FG.  Happens way too often like it did today.  Several times we would hold them and again a bad penalty gives them a free first down or do over.  

3 plays in the first half led to this being a 3 score game at half time.  3rd and 2 false start on our opening drive that led to 3rd and 18 and an INT.  We were moving the ball at will at that point, we likely score a TD or at the very least a FG.  Instead we give them great field position and they convert into another TD.  

Next...we had them 3 and out...give them a free first down with penalties.  Eventually gives them 3 more points.  

Then...McKenzie fumble gave them a free TD.  

Just those 3 plays completely turned the game substantially in their favor.  Then we still had a drive to end the half and open the half...both drives killed by mistakes and dropped passes that we self inflicted on ourselves again.  

This is our BIGGEST issue.  We have done this in so many games...its why we lost every game this year coming into this game...Pitt, Tenn, and Jags were all losses that were the result of plays we shot ourselves in the foot with unnecessary and stupid mistakes.  

For this reason, I feel like we can still compete for and win a SB this year.  We need to significantly reduce those kinds of mistakes, and its something we CAN do...and if we do, we are as tough as anyone in the league to beat.  Heck, had we just been better on that alone thus far, we would be undefeated coming into this week.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m not going to beat up on you but look at the whole puzzle.

I see upset after upset week in and week out.  The playoffs don't start tomorrow.  There are seven weeks left to see who's got what.

The Bills may indeed flame out but I'm not going to sit here and worry myself sick about it.  I've been a Bills fan long enough to appreciate the good times.  6-4 and some of you talk like we haven't won a game.  I don't think this team will lose out.

For those of you trying to pick the winners from this point forward, you can't just look at records and make up your minds... it seems we had more than a few fans that overlooked the Jaguars and Colts while figuring out when Allen would be declared the MVP and questing for home field.

Some of you think the book has now been written on how to stop the Bills.  I guess we'll just lose out, right?  I don't think it works that way.

The last two weeks haven't been fun but I've SEEN McDermott make adjustments... Beane has built the best team we've had to pull for in 30 damn years.  The team has a bad month and the season might circle the drain... but I'll not be scolded for being optimistic.

This IS the same team that went 4-1 and got the kids dreaming of Super Bowls.  Most realistic fans know it's a looong season and lots can happen.

I've learned to let it play out... don't get too high or too low.  I think people are having trouble reconciling their expectations.  So far, the Bills are living up to mine.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Playoff team. If the timing is right, a Super Bowl team. If we get lucky, we still have a chance to win the Super Bowl. 

This is exactly where I am at. If they can peak at the right time and get some breaks they can win it all. Much lesser teams have done it. This is the only silver lining I an think of at this point. If you are going to suck then do it now and if you are going to peak do it in January.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm seriously at the point that I wonder are they are going to get another win?

What is their strength at this point? They don't even have a quality win so far this season.

Outcoached, outmanned and not much in the way of depth.

Totally over rated. Not saying rebuild, but....

Same ol bills.

I'd like to have better optimism but no, this is not even a playoff team.  For some reason the same movie keeps happening every year.  Start strong and then take a typical body slamming in front of their fans before it all ends up eventually collapsing in on everybody's head.  I don't believe in McDermott.  Not that I changed opinion but never thought he was the right material to lead them to greater heights.  Bills have been losing so long and then McDermott comes along and they smell the playoffs and now everybody is stuck to him like glue but it just seems Buffalo is spinning his wheels with him and this coaching staff for whatever reason.

Still a playoff team? Yes

A SB contender? Nope. 

I think we will struggle to repeat last season's AFCCG run. The flaws on this team are too fundamental and they start with personnel up front. Money and picks have been spent and the production from both groups is not good enough. 

Football is still a simple game. If you lose the trenches then 9/10 you lose the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As i said in another thread. May be more appropriate here. No team that gets dominated like that in a big game, at home, will be a threat to win the Super bowl. That dream has died today.  Buf might still be able to sneak in as a wild card but it’s hard to tell.  If they lose to the Saints then no. If they beat the Saints then they Need to at least split with NE. 

Too may other AFC teams have 6-7 wins already. 

Superbowl winning teams can and do lose blowout losses at home. The SB champion Bucs lost 38-3 to the Saints at home in week 9 last year.

One god awful game from the Bills doesn't invalidate the rest of the season. We're still one of the most talented teams in the NFL and if we play to our potential we should beat any team. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

I said, in the pre-game thread, I felt the Bills had to come out of the Indy, Saints, Patriots, Bucs stretch at at least 3-1 to be considered a contender. I was roasted for saying that. Why? I don’t know.

Obviously it now looks like 3-1 was wishful thinking. This team is not that good. It doesn’t make us any less fans, or make us wish any less that they will get it together. It is what it is. They feasted on some pathetic teams and when the going has been tough, they have folded like a cheap suit.

They can stop with their cute, love each other, everyone has a hot sauce, Shnow-man, blah, blah, blah. They appear mentally weak and I, for the first time, wonder if McDermott is the answer. Seriously, a 50 yard FG in crap conditions on 4th and 5 when down 24-7? That is PATHETIC.

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs. If they do they most likely will be one and out.

There. I’m on the record.

I like the hot sauce, shnow-man part 😆. Agreed, pathetic lovey dovey bs team that is weak at its core. All talk, no "shnow." Still time to turn it around, but that starts at the top.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.