Time to go on record if you honestly believe this is still a SB caliber team or even a playoff team at this point

FilthyBeast

It's the first time in a loooooong while they've been crushed. So of course we are all dejected. Everything seemed to be going bad at once, except for injuries (thankfully). 

This game to me was a test to see if the D could stop runs down the middle by a great OL. They still can't, and it sucked. That's the scary takeaway from this game.

The O has been hit and miss all season long, mostly good than bad, but inconsistant. IDK exactly why besides the OL gives little time to pass plays and opens few holes on run plays. Many other things but it starts there.

And yes, I certainly think the Bills can make the playoffs, and thus have a chance at the SB. So I'll go on record stating it. But what has changed is that once it almost was a given barring injuries and bad luck, while it's now a struggle and no certainty to make it in the playoff dance.  

9 minutes ago, motorj said:

The top AFC teams are getting manhandled this week, so sure they still have a shot. If the can beat the hot pats then that should confirm it for you doubters

The Titans choked big time but they certainly didn't get manhandled.

Other than that Chiefs just took an early lead and has looked like the team everyone expected all along.

Oh and the Patriots are one win away at home next week against the titans from being the #1 overall seed in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

And I'd hate to face Bills in the playoffs if they are hot. All they need to do is just get there. I won't let a crappy weather game sum up an otherwise good season. 

The weather unfortunately had nothing to do with the game. Maybe on offence a bit.

But the bills knew the colts were going to run and they still couldn't stop it. The trenches were the game was ultimately lost for the bills 

No- we will not win the division and will squeak into the playoffs or even miss them. Even with the  injuries Super Bowl calibre teams find ways to win. We are playing undisciplined and sloppy football. Coaching is a problem, play calling, Josh is playing poorly. So many problems. We won’t beat the Pats twice. We need to address the O-line and run game and look to next year. 

4 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

The favorites change from week to week.  We have the same team that everyone loved at 4-1.

All this MVP and Super Bowl talk is nonsense at this point of any season.

This team can get hot and they can play with anyone.  They came up a half-yard short against the Titans in THEIR house, then lost a game they shouldn't have (Jags) and a tough matchup game (Colts).  The Colts probably wanted it more.  A loss for them and they would have been 4-6... more desperation.

Let's see how the Bills play now that they're no longer leading their division and being written off by some fans and the ever-fickle press.  I would hope they get a chip on their collective shoulder. 

Adjustments aren't just a halftime thing... sometimes you've got to figure things out as the season goes on.

This team should make the playoffs and if they get on a roll, they could make the Super Bowl.  Personally, I think the team is still an offseason or two away from assuming its ultimate form... but on any given Sunday, anything can happen.

I’m not going to beat up on you but look at the whole puzzle.

The Bills beat a struggling Chiefs team, Miami twice, Houston, Washington and the Jets.

Please tell me a quality win they’ve had this season. The Chiefs? maybe, maybe not.

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

And I'd hate to face Bills in the playoffs if they are hot. All they need to do is just get there. I won't let a crappy weather game sum up an otherwise good season. 

You sound like a fool#

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm confident we are a playoff team. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen. Tampa won 3 road games last year to get to the Super Bowl. Anything can happen.

You sound like a fool!

10 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

The favorites change from week to week.  We have the same team that everyone loved at 4-1.

All this MVP and Super Bowl talk is nonsense at this point of any season.

This team can get hot and they can play with anyone.  They came up a half-yard short against the Titans in THEIR house, then lost a game they shouldn't have (Jags) and a tough matchup game (Colts).  The Colts probably wanted it more.  A loss for them and they would have been 4-6... more desperation.

Let's see how the Bills play now that they're no longer leading their division and being written off by some fans and the ever-fickle press.  I would hope they get a chip on their collective shoulder. 

Adjustments aren't just a halftime thing... sometimes you've got to figure things out as the season goes on.

This team should make the playoffs and if they get on a roll, they could make the Super Bowl.  Personally, I think the team is still an offseason or two away from assuming its ultimate form... but on any given Sunday, anything can happen.

You sound like a fool!

9 minutes ago, motorj said:

Bills had some key players injured as well. If you're scared of the ravens and a non henry titans and a chiefs team bills manhandled I don't know what to tell you.

you sound like a fool!

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

You sound like a fool#

You sound like a fool!

You sound like a fool!

you sound like a fool!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. I'm sick of people like you thinking all this doom and gloom. Enjoy what we have. If you can't enjoy the good things in life, GTFO.

8 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

you sound like a fool!

So go burn all your Bills gear and get you a Pats hat... you sound like one of their entitled fans.

You deserve a team that lives up to your standards.  Don't settle for less.

While you're at it, call the team headquarters and give them a piece of your mind!  Don't forget to tell them how to right the ship.

Edited by Sandhill Mike
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They are 6-4!   The weather was perfect in Jacksonville!  They have not won back to back games in almost two months !    The Bucs and pats will run the ball down their throats !    No team fears meeting the bIlls at this point.  Pressure Josh , run the ball , get ahead and you have little to worry about.   No running game and the passing attack is not consistent.   This is a team in big trouble.     Still think they need wake up losses!?   Their goal was to have home playoff games.  Not one sack against wentz ,?   Wow.  What trend do you think results in them getting hot?   They are now what their record says.  We beat poor teams and lose to real contenders.   If they sweep the pats and Bucs, then I will eat crow.  But this is turning into another disappointing season with Mcd having another of his characteristic blow oit losses that seem to occur yearly.  Blaming weather for a team based in a poor weather city seems like you are in denial.  Time will tell , but the Bucs and pats have better head coaches and  if they don’t sweep those games , they may not even make the playoffs.  We just passed the half way mark and we have more losses now than all of last year. Not very encouraging of a pending run !  Sooner or later you actually have to Win GAMES. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.