Time to go on record if you honestly believe this is still a SB caliber team or even a playoff team at this point

FilthyBeast

I never really felt like they were a Super Bowl contender this season. Maybe after the KC game but that was about it.

The defense has played well for the most part (outside of a couple bad games and/or quarters) but I think the offense has struggled too often. I don’t care what the stats say, they don’t look like a top 5 offense in the NFL.

I don’t even know if the Bills are the best team in their division right now. The Patriots are getting better every week and keep on winning. If the Bills don’t win the division they could miss the playoffs completely. Especially with their dog **** conference record.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

And I'd hate to face Bills in the playoffs if they are hot. All they need to do is just get there. I won't let a crappy weather game sum up an otherwise good season. 

They haven't been hot all year.  They've had a few games they put up a lot of points, but...this team is so inconsistent they don't scare anyone.

Not a playoff team. This team has shown that they don’t have what it takes to come up big in games that they need to or should win. The Jaguars, colts, Titans and Pittsburgh provided ample evidence to everyone watching. If this team was as good as we thought they were at the beginning of the year, they wouldn’t have lost any of these games. 
The reason I say that they’re not a playoff team is that they just can’t win enough games out of the rest to be one. The team that was put on the field today might beat the Jets and Falcons. That literally makes them 8-9. Not a chance at playoffs at that record.

• Agree 1

The favorites change from week to week.  We have the same team that everyone loved at 4-1.

All this MVP and Super Bowl talk is nonsense at this point of any season.

This team can get hot and they can play with anyone.  They came up a half-yard short against the Titans in THEIR house, then lost a game they shouldn't have (Jags) and a tough matchup game (Colts).  The Colts probably wanted it more.  A loss for them and they would have been 4-6... more desperation.

Let's see how the Bills play now that they're no longer leading their division and being written off by some fans and the ever-fickle press.  I would hope they get a chip on their collective shoulder. 

Adjustments aren't just a halftime thing... sometimes you've got to figure things out as the season goes on.

This team should make the playoffs and if they get on a roll, they could make the Super Bowl.  Personally, I think the team is still an offseason or two away from assuming its ultimate form... but on any given Sunday, anything can happen.

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

At the beginning of the year I said 12-5 and loss in 2nd round of the playoffs, also assumed winning a consecutive division title. Can find the post later if needed.

But sadly I'm now revising that prediction to 9-8 and missing out on the playoffs altogether. If you are still confident in this team though feel free to chime in or let me know what you think.

Yes covid and injuries but if you've been paying attention there was no stopping this trainwreck from happening and coming full circle today even if the roster was 100% full strength.

Why not put up a poll?

• Like (+1) 1

Soft in the trenches. Looks worse with Star and Brown out, but we don’t grind out wins in bad weather or respond to adversity at all really. AFC is wide open, so there’s hope but I say not with this O line. 

Allen forced the ball today, but I’ll still defend his play or at least his aggressive mind set. You saw the Colts line today open up lanes and give Taylor 3+ yards before we was touched. I don’t think our backs are the problem. The best argument that systems and o- lines make the running game might be made by fantasy football. When Dalvin Cook is out, everyone picks up Mattison and he delivers, San Fran has success with guys you’ve never heard of, Adrian Peterson averaged 4 YPC today.   We can’t run the ball against 2 high safeties. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

Chiefs haven’t played yet and the Ravens won. The injured Titans lost.

The Bills we’re manhandled. Who are the other top AFC teams that were manhandled this week?

Bills had some key players injured as well. If you're scared of the ravens and a non henry titans and a chiefs team bills manhandled I don't know what to tell you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.