LOL Harrison Phillips

Hapless Bills Fan

Asked about the Colts being a more physical team, football being a physical game, and what it means to be more physical in the game of football:

"There are some teams where you can play 40 snaps but feel fine after the game, vs another game you might play 15 snaps and it feels like you got hit by a truck and that's just kind of the difference in the run scheme and the combo blocks that you can see....I'm sure it's gonna be one of those games where you wake up Monday morning and you're a little sore, but that's a great thing, great feeling"

Reporter: "You don't want to feel like you've been hit by a truck"

Phillips: "No you do, that's a good thing, Yeah"

Reporter: "Can you explain why that's a good thing, why that's what you want?"
Phillips: "It makes you feel alive, you definitely know you had a physical game, and that's something we pride ourselves on, being the tip of the spear for our defense, and if that means getting double teamed by 330 pound dudes that's what it means"

Huh.  There may be more to Phillips than being nice to differently abled kids after all.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/levi-wallace-and-harrison-phillips-next-man-up-mentality

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I've pretty much gone through these last 2 seasons under the impression that this Defense is more finesse than physical. Playing an "opportunistic" style that hopes and succeeds in creating turnovers. Whether it's mentality or scheme to me is unknown. Games like KC in the AFCCG and Pitt, Tenn and Jax this season. These teams have imposed a physicality on our offense at the beginning of games and I feel our D did not match it. Jax doesn't produce offensively so our D looked good. Coincidentally we've lost all of them. This is the main reason NE concerns me. They punch you in the mouth quickly and if you buckle, they sense it and the feeding frenzy begins. They need to stop looking to the refs for flags like crybabies and smack'em back harder. Let them know the Bills are not pinatas. I know it's a little bonkers to knock one of if not the top defense in the league. It's more about how other defenses approach our offense. I'd like to see this D send a message to opposing offenses when they get a little chippy and aggressive.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

We need to be healthy. How's Star and Tremaine? They're the guts of our D. Well, are tackles need to take the brunt of it and Tremaine needs to take Taylor right down. The good thing about Tremaine is he can do that in a number of ways. Head on or sideline to sideline, he'll meet him on the LOS hopefully. I think he can do it....

Klein might not be able to keep up with Taylor....

The sad part is that JA has to (probably) rise way up as a player to win this game for us because his OL ain't going to be there enough for him. I hope Daboll does things to keep Buckner guessing.....We need a smart game plan this week for sure. If this is a phone in the game plan week we are done for sure....

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Asked about the Colts being a more physical team, football being a physical game, and what it means to be more physical in the game of football:

"There are some teams where you can play 40 snaps but feel fine after the game, vs another game you might play 15 snaps and it feels like you got hit by a truck and that's just kind of the difference in the run scheme and the combo blocks that you can see....I'm sure it's gonna be one of those games where you wake up Monday morning and you're a little sore, but that's a great thing, great feeling"

Reporter: "You don't want to feel like you've been hit by a truck"

Phillips: "No you do, that's a good thing, Yeah"

Reporter: "Can you explain why that's a good thing, why that's what you want?"
Phillips: "It makes you feel alive, you definitely know you had a physical game, and that's something we pride ourselves on, being the tip of the spear for our defense, and if that means getting double teamed by 330 pound dudes that's what it means"

Huh.  There may be more to Phillips than being nice to differently abled kids after all.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/levi-wallace-and-harrison-phillips-next-man-up-mentality

Good. If Star is out we're going to need him big time. Colts are going to be one of those 15 snap teams. 

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good. If Star is out we're going to need him big time. Colts are going to be one of those 15 snap teams. 

Yeah, well - sounds like we need our Offense to hang on to the ball and keep their offense off the field, because if we give the Colts 69 offensive snaps like we gave the Jets, or 62 like we gave Miami, it's gonna be "Our Truck Runneth Over" with our DL lying on the field like road kill.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, well - sounds like we need our Offense to hang on to the ball and keep their offense off the field, because if we give the Colts 69 offensive snaps like we gave the Jets, or 62 like we gave Miami, it's gonna be "Our Truck Runneth Over" with our DL lying on the field like road kill.

I hope Brieda gets his playing time. Long drives are going to be huge for us and we need the running game to click. I'm not sure how Colts are against the run? 

Turnovers are going to be huge in this game.

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hope Brieda gets his playing time. Long drives are going to be huge for us and we need the running game to click. I'm not sure how Colts are against the run? 

Turnovers are going to be huge in this game.

Colts are middle of the pack with regards defending the run. According to this site...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.