Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I really like Pat McAfee, find him incredibly entertaining etc., but this fawning interview was painful in how obviously Pat was walking on eggshells not to step on Aaron’s toes in anyway or call him out on his obfuscating B.S., imho. 

I felt like Pat and AJ were real uncomfortable

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think Aaron Rodgers should start taking advise on NFL football from me. I have just as much relevant experience + training as Joe Rogan does with medicine/covid, if not more! 😁

I’ve never had any high level coaching or training or anything like that but so what! Do you know how many YouTube videos I’ve watched on football? Tons!

So obviously my opinion should carry as much weight as his NFL coaches who have spent countless hours training in their profession.

Some of y’all talk about Rogan like he got covid and spent weeks in a voodoo hospice.   He kicked it in a few days… and Aaron is straight chillin on his couch doing interviews.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🤥

It’s hard for me to describe how sick I am of Covid, but Rodgers is closing the gap. He’s too smug for me to stand. Not that it matters in any material way, but I hope he loses endorsements over that. It’s NOT about the money, it’s about putting him in his place. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he’s going off the rails on the crazy traaaiiiiinnnnn….

To me and maybe I'm way offbase here but it felt like Aaron really likes this smart/savvy QB reputation he's had so that's why he let people think he was vaccinated when he wasn't, and that's why when he's been caught in that lie he's gone over the top explaining things trying to sound smart when really the smartest thing he could do is keep his story short.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

It's starting to become available to the public in certain areas.

When your net worth is $100M++ a lot of doors can be opened.

I appreciate the info, but as the article cites, it’s available for specific patients; typically those at very high risk for major illness due to Covid. Point taken about having the money though. 

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

I don't know if he's telling the truth or not but I don't think being allergic would give him an exemption to the protocols they're supposed to be for safety and for people at a greater risk without the vaccine I don't think whether you chose to be unvaccinated or simply couldn't would change that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You need not be at very high risk, merely >65 or have a risk factor

Right, but what about young, healthy individuals like Aaron Rodgers? Also, is it used as a preventative therapy? Because that’s what Rodgers would have us believe. 

37 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I personally wouldn't like the idea of a reporter asking me if I have been vaccinated or not - it's really none of their business. So maybe I would also say I was "immunized" to get them off my back.

I don’t necessarily disagree; but then don’t lie, just give the JA response that you’re not getting into it and won’t answer any questions one way or the other about your status…

• Awesome! (+1) 2

“Stephen Colbert had a very uncomfortable thought after it was revealed this week that Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers lied about getting vaccinated for the coronavirus.

Rodgers declared in August that he had been “immunized” against the virus. But after he tested positive this week, the NFL Network reported that he was not, in fact, vaccinated. Rodgers had taken a homeopathic remedy in hopes that the league would accept that instead.

It did not.  

“My Goop senses are tingling,” Colbert said, referring to actor Gwyneth Paltrow’s wellness company, which sells, among other things, jade eggs to insert into one’s ***** for “squeezing and releasing” exercises. 

“I’m no expert, but I’m guessing it’s a lot easier just to play football with a shot in your arm than a jade egg stuck where the sun don’t shine,” Colbert said. “Then again, they are called the Packers.” 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don’t necessarily disagree; but then don’t lie, just give the JA response that you’re not getting into it and won’t answer any questions one way or the other about your status…

The problem with that approach is that (most) people think "A-ha...he aint vaccinated or else he woulda said it" - and then the pile-on begins. I read a lot of english-speaking news sites around the world and you get a real sense of how downright feral the vaccine zealots are. I think that's what Rodgers was trying to avoid.

6 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The problem with that approach is that (most) people think "A-ha...he aint vaccinated or else he woulda said it" - and then the pile-on begins. I read a lot of english-speaking news sites around the world and you get a real sense of how downright feral the vaccine zealots are. I think that's what Rodgers was trying to avoid.

What pile on has been going on for Josh then?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Right, but what about young, healthy individuals like Aaron Rodgers? Also, is it used as a preventative therapy? Because that’s what Rodgers would have us believe. 

Monoclonal antibody infusions should NOT be being used as a preventive therapy.

The risk factors qualifying an individual in Rodger's age group to get the infusion upon positive Covid test include:

Obesity (nope), Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, Heart failure, Cardiomyopathy, possibly Hypertension, Pregnancy :devil:, a condition or taking medication that weakens the Immune system (in the individual health care provider's judgement), Regular use of medical technology such as ventilator or feeding tube

Hypertension, and medication that weakens the immune system (in the individual health care provider's judgement) would be two that might apply to Rodgers and we wouldn't know by looking at him, so I'm not gonna judge.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That doesn't say what you said.

Then you are missing the overall point that I am trying to make. I am not going to get into semantics.

The point is that there is an abundance of correspondence and opinion that, at a minimum, points to the possibility that the vaccines can, in certain scenarios, do more harm than good. Rodgers, I would gather, shares that view and has acted accordingly.  

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Then you are missing the overall point that I am trying to make. I am not going to get into semantics.

The point is that there is an abundance of correspondence and opinion that, at a minimum, points to the possibility that the vaccines can, in certain scenarios, do more harm than good. Rodgers, I would gather, shares that view and has acted accordingly.  

No what happened was you made a specific statement, somebody asked you where you got that information for that statement, and you provided an article that doesn't actually do that.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Where is the "pile on"  of athletes who have declined to answer if they are vaccinated or not?  Josh Allen is one.  I haven't seen a pile-on - maybe an article expressing the opinion that if he isn't, he ought to be, but no "pile on of "downright feral vaccine zealots". 

For that matter, where is the "pile on" of athletes who have flat out said they aren't, and aren't going to be, but have not made a target of themselves by tweeting and retweeting all kinds of stuff as Beasley did?  Kirk Cousins would be an example.

Show your work please.  Where is this pile-on of "feral vaccine zealots" on athletes who have declined to answer the "are you vaccinated?" question?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billschinatown said:

Aaron is really making me appreciate Cole.

Haha I had the same thoughts.  Cole Beasley Appreciation - at least he was a man about it, up front and straight about his beliefs, not deceptive and weaseling and trying to crown himself as a Freedom Walker retrospectively.

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

he’s going off the rails on the crazy traaaiiiiinnnnn….

Wait.....playing that song worked very well for the Patriots for a decade.......

6 hours ago, Brueggs said:

For sure NFL players sacrifice privacy, it goes with the territory.  And your right, declining to answer is essentially the equivalent of saying your not vaxed.  Unfortunately, its a very private matter that is being cast into the public eye to create division.

The reason it's being cast into the public eye in the NFL is not to "create division".  It's because, given the covid protocols the NFL and NFLPA agreed to, whether or not a player is vaccinated and whether or not they test positive for Covid impacts their game availability.

And game availability is considered of relevance to the public, I believe because of betting on the game.  That's why we have weekly injury reports and game status.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Monoclonal antibody infusions should NOT be being used as a preventive therapy.

The risk factors qualifying an individual in Rodger's age group to get the infusion upon positive Covid test include:

Obesity (nope), Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, Heart failure, Cardiomyopathy, possibly Hypertension, Pregnancy :devil:, a condition or taking medication that weakens the Immune system (in the individual health care provider's judgement), Regular use of medical technology such as ventilator or feeding tube

Hypertension, and medication that weakens the immune system (in the individual health care provider's judgement) would be two that might apply to Rodgers and we wouldn't know by looking at him, so I'm not gonna judge.

Per the bold, absolutely! So unless Rodgers received this treatment in the time since his positive Covid test, and I doubt he’s a candidate, anyway, then it’s another thing he’s full of crap about. Anyway, thanks again for all the good insight on the issue. Much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Similar to this thread, you have to keep your mouth shut or the "pile on" occurs.

That's what forced Aaron Rogers to keep his status a secret, because you can't just say you won't, the zealots force you to explain why. It isn't just, "okay I respect your decision," it's "you're killing us all, and here are a few facebook articles proving it!"

I mean is Beasley still getting piled on?

14 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Similar to this thread, you have to keep your mouth shut or the "pile on" occurs.

That's what forced Aaron Rogers to keep his status a secret, because you can't just say you won't, the zealots force you to explain why. It isn't just, "okay I respect your decision," it's "you're killing us all, and here are a few facebook articles proving it!"

Well I'm glad somebody gets it.

Anyhow, I think that's enough talk about immunizations and vaccinations. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I was just about to warn you to stop. You were dangerously close to providing some actual facts, which will get you kicked out of the thread.

It's even mentioned in posts here.

"Give an example of a pile-on towards a player who kept their mouth shut."

Edited by unbillievable
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He’s a narcissistic diva who only has gotten worse with age.  Can’t wait til this idiot retires.

I hope it starts hitting him on the endorsement front. I know, it makes no material difference to his financial state, but I’d love to see him get slapped with a little bit of reality. No, Aaron, you are NOT the smartest person on the planet, but you are in the running for the most smug A-hole out there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

That's fine, in fact that's appreciated.  But you made a claim that Rodgers was "forced" to lie because if he refused to answer, he'd be assumed to be unvaccinated and "feral vaccine zealots" would "pile on"

I just want to know where this "pile on of feral vaccine zealots" has occurred to either players who have refused to answer about their status (like Josh, and IIRC Tremaine Edmunds)

or those who have openly said they were not vaccinated and not gonna be, but haven't made a thing of waiving their views around Twitter (example: Kirk Cousins)?

I don't think you can point to a thing, because I don't think it's happening.

38 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I was just about to warn you to stop. You were dangerously close to providing some actual facts, which will get you kicked out of the thread.

It's even mentioned in posts here.

"Give an example of a pile-on towards a player who didn't keep their mouth shut."

Example of a pile-on towards a player who said "I'm going to keep that private" or who openly said "I'm not vaccinated" but didn't make a big campaign out of it on social media (a la Beasley, who was tweeting all sorts of stuff).

You can't either, amIright?

We ask people not to provide their version of "facts" about politics or covid in this forum because we all disagree on what those facts are, and it tends to take people away from discussing football, our prime mission.  There are plenty of places where you can "scratch that itch" to your heart's content, and only a few to discuss Bills Football

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

"(points out that Rodgers led off with a bunch of very slanted political rhetoric) So, Right off the bat, if you don't want this to be political or you want to stay above the political rhetoric, maybe think about the way that you're talking about it....."

"I also thought it was ironic that here's a man who is going on the Pat Macafee show, that at the time had 75 thousand live viewers, is going to be seen by millions, complaining about "cancel culture". No one's cancelling you, Aaron.  You're going to be hopefully out of quarantine in 10 days and you're going to go back and play football.  If the Packers decide they don't want you on the team next year, there are plenty of other teams that will sign you  ...it's Pure Irony."

"He said the reason the NFL has all these protocols is to make it the most un-fun year as possible...I don't think that's why they're doing this, to make it un-fun for Aaron Rodgers, I don't think that's it"

"He can say that he didn't sign anything, but the NFLPA came up with these protocols along with the NFL, and Aaron Rodgers is a member of the NFL PA...maybe if he stood up and said something?"  (which, for example, some players did about the unvaccinated testing frequency and it got changed with a compromise)."

Guy talks about how if the NFL fines Rodgers for the press conferences it's hypocritical because Kirk Cousins and other unvaccinated players have been doing press conferences unmasked ( I will say from the Reuters explainer, if the NFL doesn't have the info on who is or is not vaccinated then it really did rest with the clubs to enforce that)..but he agrees Aaron Rodgers house party breaks the NFL's rules for an unvaccinated guy.

Says Rodgers points at Allen Lazard as an unvaccinated player people are "cancelling", host says he "quite honestly hasn't seen anyone canceling Allen Lazard but maybe there's something I missed".   Rodgers went on at length about unvaccinated players being "canceled", I don't see it either, maybe it's something I missed. 

"I'm not disagreeing with Rodgers with his idea of this is what I felt was best for my body, that's fine.....but he talks about spending all this money putting together a medical team and what have you...and then comes out of nowhere and says he also consulted Joe Rogan.  It's one thing if you're coming from a place where you're saying I'm going to do this homeopathic stuff, and this is how I'm going to treat my body.  And then to throw Rogan in there, and ignore all the doctors who are countering the points that he is making, and go to  a guy like Joe Rogan who last time I checked didn't have a medical degree...that to me is like "buddy, what are we doing?  What are we doing?"  And again, it's his option, but if you're going to make the claim you're going through all the boxes, 500 pages of research (ed: from AR's personal medical team), and then go "oh now I'm talking to Joe Rogan"...I just feel that argument is undercut, just a little bit."

Ya think?

Points out that after saying he doesn't want to make it political, Rodgers proceeds to bring in politics..."I don't give a *****, but if you don't want it to be political, WHY ARE YOU BRINGING POLITICS INTO IT if you're trying to stay above it? That's just neither here nor there and  I. need. alcohol."

He points out that it's an unnecessary self-inflicted controversy, with Aaron Rodgers playing the victim: "if Aaron Rodgers said, I have an allergy that's why I didn't get two of the vaccines and I didn't feel comfortable about the third, and it's my body, my choice" That's It.  Done. 90 seconds, move on"  instead of 45 minutes making all kinds of excuses.  Says it's bringing unnecessary drama and an unnecessary spotlight to the team.

Can't disagree.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope it starts hitting him on the endorsement front. I know, it makes no material difference to his financial state, but I’d love to see him get slapped with a little bit of reality. No, Aaron, you are NOT the smartest person on the planet, but you are in the running for the most smug A-hole out there. 

It may cost the Packers the #1 seed and a Super Bowl trip.  If this selfish prick helps Brady get another ring I'm going to write him a very stern letter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4