Week 9: Bills at Jags

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just a note that Beasley normally DNP on Weds for "Vet Rest" , so the ribs may or may not be serious - he did get speared pretty good though, that's gotta hurt.

I believe the team needs to report his DNP as an injury if he is receiving treatment, or at least they're likely to err on the side of caution after being investigated in this regard for Hughes

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What the hell happened in Tennessee then? 

I do think the run defense is better as many of us predicted with Star coming back.  It will be interesting to see if Phillips keeps his game day spot or if they go back to Zimmer when he is healthy 

The guy in the gap got run over by a truck.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If they didn’t hold him so much, maybe he’d have more sacks

I looked it up before posting. My impression was that Hughes seems to convert a significant number of his sacks into fumbles. Now I just have totals so I can't say which fumbles were strip sacks and which were not.  But look at these numbers below.  When Hughes does get home he makes a differnce.  TJ Watt is just incredible...

Hughes  15 Forced fumbles on 57 sacks 26%

JJ Watt 26 FF on 102 sacks 22%

Myles Garrett 10 FF on 53 sacks 19%

Nick Bosa 3 FF on 16 sacks 19%

Joey Bosa 8 FF on 51 sacks 16%

Josh Allen 2 FF on 17.5 sacks 11%

TJ Watt 20 FF on 58 sacks 35%

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who is that on the other side of Dawson Knox?

Also LOL at the foot speed in the drill.  It's like "fast, medium, slow" with Spencer Brown set on "slow"

56 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Did he casually high-point a pass with one hand while he was watching?

Yes

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I looked it up before posting. My impression was that Hughes seems to convert a significant number of his sacks into fumbles. Now I just have totals so I can't say which fumbles were strip sacks and which were not.  But look at these numbers below.  When Hughes does get home he makes a differnce.  TJ Watt is just incredible...

Hughes  15 Forced fumbles on 57 sacks 26%

JJ Watt 26 FF on 102 sacks 22%

Myles Garrett 10 FF on 53 sacks 19%

Nick Bosa 3 FF on 16 sacks 19%

Joey Bosa 8 FF on 51 sacks 16%

Josh Allen 2 FF on 17.5 sacks 11%

TJ Watt 20 FF on 58 sacks 35%

Considering Watt's almost-unchecked habit of slamming the opponent in the gut or even the nuts while "trying to punch out the ball" I might asterisk that number.

• Haha (+1) 1

May not be the appropriate thread, but I was just watching the chopping wood segment for this week with Eric Wood and Tasker and one of the camera angles on the TD pass to Gabe Davis during the Miami game is clearly a no look pass. No media members losing their ish over it like they always do with Mahomes. Tsk. Tsk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

May not be the appropriate thread, but I was just watching the chopping wood segment for this week with Eric Wood and Tasker and one of the camera angles on the TD pass to Gabe Davis during the Miami game is clearly a no look pass. No media members losing their ish over it like they always do with Mahomes. Tsk. Tsk. 

He did it in the season finale last year too and nobody said a word. Meanwhile Mahomes unnecessarily softball tosses a routine shovel pass once a week and media members across America cream their freakin jeans. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who is that on the other side of Dawson Knox?

Also LOL at the foot speed in the drill.  It's like "fast, medium, slow" with Spencer Brown set on "slow"

Yes

Considering Watt's almost-unchecked habit of slamming the opponent in the gut or even the nuts while "trying to punch out the ball" I might asterisk that number.

Is it Stephenson?

40 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

No doubt. I didn’t hear about it until today. Even without the no look it’s a sick play where he runs through a face mask. That with the bent face mask is just crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He did it in the season finale last year too and nobody said a word. Meanwhile Mahomes unnecessarily softball tosses a routine shovel pass once a week and media members across America cream their freakin jeans. 

He's done it multiple times as have other QBs I don't think it's as much of a new thing as it was made out to be.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I still can't believe Tavon Austin is somehow on this Jags team. Still have a few days left but my excitement is running pretty low for this one.

Get the W. Absolutely no injuries. And hopefully Knox can go next week. Work on trying to establish some different running/screen schemes.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

HE CHANGED HIS ARM ANGLE!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.