10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Josh Allen and the receivers were all we had tonight. The line, coaches and especially the D sucked big time!

Yep!  The receivers have to beat the defense just about every single play because the Bills have no running game to speak of. 

When you have to rely on your QB to run the ball at the end of a game, then you better be talking about college football.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mjd1001 said:

I'm not sure what is confusing.  There were plenty of his incompletions or scrambles where they didn't get the first down...and there were guys wide open underneath or even just past the sticks.  Check out a replay of the game or the All-22 and you will see it.

He threw 12 incompletions one of which was a tipped int and quite a few were thrown away under heavy pressure so I can't imagine how many plays you're talking about.  Dude had a great game and his team let him down 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Rew said:

Did you watch the same Allen as the rest of us?  He took safe/check downs most of the game.  Distributed the ball to most of the offense and was under duress most of the 1st half.  He had like 2 bad throws outside of the 2nd last drive with 17 to go.  The 2nd down play on that drive was the right decision but under thrown, other 2 were looking for too much.  Overall, Allen had a great game of "playing within the system" and "taking what they give you".

Agreed on line play.  Hopefully this is a case of "they gel with time together".

Yes I did, and as I have posted MANY times on here, on many of the 3rd down conversions that failed where he scrambled or threw deep there were guys open, and I mean wide open, that would have gotten the first down.  The question should be what game where YOU watching?

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was the right call going for it on 4th down. You don't want it to come down to a coin flip for who gets the ball first in OT (a huge advantage).

Helluva game. Fun except for that nasty injury. Reminds me of why I'm an NFL fan. I'm not gonna worry about What It All Means. I'm just gonna say that was a fun way to spend 3 hours.

Sure the D played bad, but I'd still trust the #1 D  to get it done in OT

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

People can continue to hate my thoughts but you have the "number 1 defense" chance to take the game to ot with an offense that was driving the ball into the red zone at will tonight. Take it to it and win in ot 

Did that look like the #1 defense to you tonight?

You absolutely go for it there.   Nobody, including our coach, had faith our defense could stop Tennessee in OT. 

That play where our left side got blown up and Josh Allen slipped after making a great play and thinking we had it won was pretty much a summation of this extremely frustrating game. 

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I watched it on PVR, so delayed. Just finished and am quite angry. The spot on Josh’s jump was crap, they didn’t check it on the tape and then Daboll’s play call with the game on the line was terrible as was the blocking.

I think the problem with Josh's try for the first down on the 3rd down play is he lands on his back and the ball is no longer in front of him, its behind. Thats why the spot was not a first down. He tried to do a hurdle and failed this time.

Cant really get upset about the call. Titans had us on our heels the entire night. Mcd went for the win. I couldnt even believe josh was short on that run..when he dove it looked like a sure 1st down. Unreal. 

The bigger problem is we still struggle with physical teams. Its a huge problem

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

… or dial up a touchdown play. One or the other. The sneak, which usually is the right call, was situationally not the right call.

The strength of the Titans D and the only part of it that is healthy is the interior line.  We hadn’t run successfully inside all game.  So what do they call on 4th and game…?  Ridiculous.

Also the rookies were bad tonight which happens.  Groot lost contain on BOTH of Henry’s long runs, and Brown got manhandled repeatedly.  Basham and AJ (not a rookie I know) were healthy scratches.  The youth didn’t come through tonight.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.