10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not saying he was the problem, I'm saying there were a handful of plays where he could have made a better decision that may have been enough to win the game for the Bills.  Everything isn't black and white...except I guess on this forum.

Do you watch any football besides the Bills?  Allen was very good, even great tonight.  The D was to soft and our average O-line and mediocre stable of RB's came back to haunt us.  We must be one of the only teams in the NFL that can't execute a screen pass.

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen was overconfident again, often taking chances when better/safer options where there.  Offensive line was, is, and will continue to be a weakness.  The O-line looks good against bad D-units, but will almost always struggle against above average D-units, just like last year.  

The Defense was never 'great'. They are 'good' but their results are more a function of who they played.

On the call at the end, you go for it there. If that game goes to overtime, it's basically a 50-50 chance of you winning/losing.  You basically have a chance to come close to winning it right there on the 4th down.  I think getting the first and then getting a TD there was better than 50-50....they just didn't do it.

You cause me to mourn the departure of DC Tom.

Our QB completed 74.4% of his passes for 353 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT and rushed for another 29 yds - 382 yds of offense - and you're blaming the QB?  SMDH.

Our D didn't get the job done, couldn't buy one single stop in the 2nd half.  That was the problem.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. Not sure how anyone can call this a brutal loss. It was a great game and a close loss to a good team. 

Two touchdowns called back so I feel pretty good. I have a feeling we will see these guys again though, and at that point these costly penalties will be unacceptable.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Titans are good for another loss to a terrible team… they do it a couple times every year… they’ll drop at least 3 more.

Yeah, they will probably win the AFCS but I don't think they'll seriously challenge for a No. 1 or 2 seed. 

Still a few weaknesses on this team. I thought this team would win a super bowl this year, but the more I watch this team in detail, it’s not good enough yet to win the big win. We do NOT consistently win on the Oline enough to impose our will on teams when we need it. Our RBs are also NOT good enough, when we need them to take over games, they can’t do it. We rely on Josh to do to much during times when a really good RB would help open up even more for Allen. No matter what anyone says here, our 2CB isn’t good enough. We need a super physical corner than can play man really well against teams like Tennessee while we focus on the running attack. Watching Brown getting open over the middle on a whim was sickening. With all that said, we are a very good team, and I think we are 1 more good draft away from winning it all. 

• Like (+1) 2

WELP! At least we have the bye next week and Miami at home the week after that. So all is not lost. Just look at the rainbow in my side yard after a bad storm. It just proves something good could come from some thing bad.

18951360_10209223963503141_5221840361767753896_n.jpg

Edited by State Rt. 21 N.

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We get beat in the trenches all day, so we put the game on the line for a call that everyone sees coming…in the trenches.  

Stupid.  Just stupid.  Going for it shows no faith in the defense (which maybe rightfully so). But you don’t know who gets the ball in OT.  

Allen can’t slip there, but Dawkins got destroyed.  If you run that play, have an extra blocker.  

Going for it is a culture move going into the bye week. If you win it's validation, if you lose it's fuel. Team is relatively healthy and is going to be a favorite in a large pile of games as we go here. In week 6, take the shot at winning and get out of there healthy either way. In the playoffs, yeah go kick it.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Worst part of this is that Tennessee has an extremely easy schedule as well.  

That Tennessee team we saw tonight is going to win a lot of games.. especially in a division with Houston, Indy and Jax. 

Agreed. Tonight was the opportunity to stamp authority on the AFC. The only plus side is the other sides in the East are in such a mess at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

It ain't as if the Titans are chopped liver, fellas.  And we were playing in their house.  I'd rather we lose a game like this in week 6, when we still have time to learn from it.

P.S., how the hell did that team lose to the JETS????

No Jones, no Brown. Tannehill sacked 7 times then, zero tonight. 

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bills fans are never again allowed to say that Tannehill is mediocre. He made a couple of bad plays early, but was phenomenal the rest of the way. I don’t care what his stat line says.

I liked Tannehill with the Dolphins and I liked him when he won "Comeback Player of the Year".  He's a gamer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let’s face it, the Bills just aren’t physical enough upfront. Especially on offense. Morse, Mongo aren’t pile movers. Defensively, I think Boogie would’ve been better this game against the run than Addison. I’ doubt Boogie would’ve taken a straight arm from RB. 

Obada confused me as well, almost like they wanted big boys to hit Henry but I think it was a mistake

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's not surprising.

Did you see the Bills locker room when we beat the SeaSnakes?  Heath Farwell, who played or coached for the Seahawks until 2017, was given the game ball.  Having a former player or coach who can give you the low-down hoe-down on a team's  and a player's tendencies is HUGE and can tip a game.

Two words:  Matt Barkley

Yeah I’m sure having Barkley helped but they had our number last year too, and the 2 previous games before that were low scoring, hard fought wins (14-7 and 13-12).

The Bills just really seem to struggle against the Titans physicality. It also feels like Tennessee always seems to be more fired up to play us than we are to play them (but maybe that’s just me). They always play against us with so much passion/grit and the Bills seem to have trouble responding.

Aggravating because there really is no excuse for the loss tonight. We are the more talented team and should have won that game. Last year you could make excuses. We had a ton of injuries (down our top 2 CBS, LBs, etc) and all that crazy covid stuff happened. I truly thought we’d avenge that loss from last year but it looked more like the Titans were the ones with something to prove.

Franchise QB.

4-2 with a 2 game lead on the division.

The rest of the division opponents are a joke.

The rest of the schedule is a joke.

The team is healthy.

The coaches are making aggressive calls.

There’s a lot to like. The two guys I’m annoyed by today are Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. They won’t be here next year. You know who will be? Epenesa, Rousseau, and Boogie. All were inactive tonight. The future is bright and we’ll be fine.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.