10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

I expected to go into the bye 4-2 prior to the season and we have yet… it’s our own doing. We threw the game against both the Steelers and the Titans, who are no better than average teams. When I see what the Cardinals and Ravens are doing at the moment do I think we’re Super Bowl contenders. I really have my doubts - we’re still too weak where it matters.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  I appreciate your view, but I do have a problem with it.

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

Miss it: walk off loss

The Titans had already stuffed Allen on short yardage today, I say take the FG

That kind of thing can be debated forever.  I get the opposite view.

But if you asked me the basic question, "would you rather have a coach who goes for the win, or goes for OT," and I didn't know anything else, I'd take the former every time.

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The ESPN announcers tonight graduated from the Chris Collingsworth School of Sh**ty Announcing

its just easy to piss all over the Bills,  small markets dont really matter to the national media.  its better for them to cater to the bigger markets,  even though Nashville is considered a small market,  its a bit more popular than Buffalo.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Glad there's only one Henry in this league, but man, we'd better have our chinstraps on tighter next time. The weird thing is, even though we lost, I always felt like we were the better overall team, and moving the ball at will until the end, just kept shooting ourselves in the foot in several key situations. Hope this turns into the hail Murray effect for us, where now the bear got poked and we rattle off W's the rest of the way... 

Chances are with our schedule, we were gonna rattle off wins anyway. I'm trying to figure out what's more disgusting, being beaten by another Tannesuck team, or that sorry assed forward pass Vrabel called

Just now, Virgil said:

I blame the coaching.  We only rushed 4 on passing plays, but didn’t have our best pass rushers out there.  Why is Zimmer playing so much on passing downs.  

I knew something would be wrong when we benched Epenesa AND Basham. I don't like Obada at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen was overconfident again, often taking chances when better/safer options where there.  Offensive line was, is, and will continue to be a weakness.  The O-line looks good against bad D-units, but will almost always struggle against above average D-units, just like last year.  

The Defense was never 'great'. They are 'good' but their results are more a function of who they played.

On the call at the end, you go for it there. If that game goes to overtime, it's basically a 50-50 chance of you winning/losing.  You basically have a chance to come close to winning it right there on the 4th down.  I think getting the first and then getting a TD there was better than 50-50....they just didn't do it.

BS

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We got bullied in the trenches. Tannehill was the most sacked QB coming into today and you’d never know it based on how little pressure we got. 

For as good as Groot has looked at times this year, he doesn’t get much pressure coming off the edge. Same with the rest of our ends. 

The o-line is going to be a problem all year for us. They are lucky Josh is one of the best in the world and his elite play makes everyone forget about the pressure they give up. 

I don’t hate going for the win there and once Josh got under center the play call was obvious. The o-line just couldn’t get a block.

Ran with a heavy package, but Hughes and Addison really did not play well.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  I appreciate your view, but I do have a problem with it.

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

Miss it: walk off loss

The Titans had already stuffed Allen on short yardage today, I say take the FG

… or dial up a touchdown play. One or the other. The sneak, which usually is the right call, was situationally not the right call.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

These takes on Allen are genuinely confusing me...he had one play where he thought Davis was gonna open up deep and the weak side safety came over to help and he took a sack...that was it. That throw to sanders who beat double coverage was a good decision he just missed him it happens 

I'm not sure what is confusing.  There were plenty of his incompletions or scrambles where they didn't get the first down...and there were guys wide open underneath or even just past the sticks.  Check out a replay of the game or the All-22 and you will see it.

• Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.