Best broadcast of Bills game

John Gianelli

2 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

Next time the Bills play on Sunday Night Football, try watching it on Telemundo Deportes. You don't need to know Spanish to love it. (No Collingsworth!)

https://vplayer.telemundodeportes.com/p/BxmELC/deportestm/select/media/POlItNErwiq9

This is great, may watch all sunday night games on telemundo from now on.  Cant stand CC anymore.  Best part is, I fully understand and fluently speak Spanish.  WIN WIN

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, haroldwaide said:

I took 4 years of Spanish 1.  I should be fine

I'm jealous - you only had to take 4 years of Spanish 1?  Anyway, I tend to listen to Murphy and Eric Wood and turn the sound off on the TV.  There's generally a slight delay but I can usually get the TV and radio synched up....way better than CC....

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

I'm jealous - you only had to take 4 years of Spanish 1?  Anyway, I tend to listen to Murphy and Eric Wood and turn the sound off on the TV.  There's generally a slight delay but I can usually get the TV and radio synched up....way better than CC....

Is there a way to sync the radio and tv?  A method or a trick I can use?

4 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

Next time the Bills play on Sunday Night Football, try watching it on Telemundo Deportes. You don't need to know Spanish to love it. (No Collingsworth!)

https://vplayer.telemundodeportes.com/p/BxmELC/deportestm/select/media/POlItNErwiq9

wish it didn't cut off the reactions so quick that was great.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

funny

my DVR recorded the game on Telmundo. 
but I neglected to add another hour to the time and lost the entire 4th QTR 

19 hours ago, Stanley Lombardi said:

Is there a way to sync the radio and tv?  A method or a trick I can use?

Assuming you have a DVR in your cable box yes.  What I do is run the pregame live and stop it as the kicker lines up.  Then when Murphy says "so and so is about to kick off I start the TV again and its usually within +/- a couple of seconds.  You can refine it from there.  I watched the KC game without the benefit of synching (wasn't at home) and so the radio was behind by one play.  Not too bad.  Again, better than Collingsworth.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I may be in the minority here but I like listening to Michaels and Collingsworth. I really have no problems with any of the announcing crews from CBS, FOX, NBC, or ESPN.

You might be the only person in the world who doesn't have a complaint with any of those.  I asked a small Laotian child the other day if he watched football, all he said was "Steve Levy too loud."

• Haha (+1) 8

Is there a way for out of area listeners to hear the WGR55 broadcast of Bills games? (apart from having a friend or relative hold their phone to the radio speaker).

I know you can pick it up with the Bills app, but it's limited to the local audience.  I'm in the Atlanta area, so that's not an option for me.

Does XM/Sirius use feeds from WGR?

13 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Is there a way for out of area listeners to hear the WGR55 broadcast of Bills games? (apart from having a friend or relative hold their phone to the radio speaker).

I know you can pick it up with the Bills app, but it's limited to the local audience.  I'm in the Atlanta area, so that's not an option for me.

Does XM/Sirius use feeds from WGR?

You can listen to the GR feed on your computer, not on your  phone.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I may be in the minority here but I like listening to Michaels and Collingsworth. I really have no problems with any of the announcing crews from CBS, FOX, NBC, or ESPN.

I find Buck and Aikman boring as hell. But I like Collinsworth and Michaels and Nantz and Romo. I don't mind Levy and Griese although Levy can grate, but I think that is just because they are an upgrade on everything ESPN has tried since Tirico and Gruden. 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I dont know how any Bills fan could stick up for Collingsworth after the bias he showed Sunday night. He hated the Bills before this too, but he really let it all out Sunday. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I dont know how any Bills fan could stick up for Collingsworth after the bias he showed Sunday night. He hated the Bills before this too, but he really let it all out Sunday. 

To me I really don't care who the announcers are. IMHO its not worth getting annoyed by who is doing the game.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, chaccof said:

I may be in the minority here, and I hate to admit it because he's a Bills guy, but I just can't listen to Murphy as the play-by-play man. His calls of big plays are so blah. There were a couple of TD calls in last week's game where I wasn't even sure he cared much that it was a TD.

It feels like blasphemy to say it but I really think Murph needs to be replaced.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I may be in the minority here, and I hate to admit it because he's a Bills guy, but I just can't listen to Murphy as the play-by-play man. His calls of big plays are so blah. There were a couple of TD calls in last week's game where I wasn't even sure he cared much that it was a TD.

It feels like blasphemy to say it but I really think Murph needs to be replaced.

Nah. I agree.

He does not have a voice for radio.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I have a soft spot for Murph because when I emailed his show once when it was still on in the evening he had the courtesy to email me back and pass the message I had sent on to the relevant person. However, he is very meh as a commentator. 

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nah. I agree.

He does not have a voice for radio.

I have been thinking about this lately. For all of us that lived through the 90s team run Van Miller is forever etched into our memories for his epic calls of legendary Bills games/moments. It is so strong that for me, and I assume most, Van is the official voice of that era.

That being said, in 20 years or so will Murph really cut it as the official voice of the Bills era we are just entering? For me I don't think he will ever measure up to the moments, especially if the Bills finally win it all with Allen.

Just now, Metal Man said:

I have been thinking about this lately. For all of us that lived through the 90s team run Van Miller is forever etched into our memories for his epic calls of legendary Bills games/moments. It is so strong that for me, and I assume most, Van is the official voice of that era.

That being said, in 20 years or so will Murph really cut it as the official voice of the Bills era we are just entering? For me I don't think he will ever measure up to the moments, especially if the Bills finally win it all with Allen.

Maybe others feel differently, but I don't really think he has a great voice for broadcasting. Every time he calls a big play, his voice goes up into a squeaky, pre-pubescent octave that is just not pleasant to listen to.

I'm all for the Bills finding a new "voice of the team" as we enter this new era.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Maybe others feel differently, but I don't really think he has a great voice for broadcasting. Every time he calls a big play, his voice goes up into a squeaky, pre-pubescent octave that is just not pleasant to listen to.

I'm all for the Bills finding a new "voice of the team" as we enter this new era.

I agree. I just can't imagine his call on a potential Super Bowl win will move the needle at all as far as improving the moment.

9 hours ago, Rubes said:

No, its not blasphemy.  I'd say he seems to be more "confused" this year in terms of what's going on, on the field.  Reminds a little bit of Curt Gowdy at the very very end of his days of calling football.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

Now Isn’t that special !

Edited by Putin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.