Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Is Stevenson on IR right now?

Yes, he can be taken off at any time now I believe. I don't know if "ramping up" just means getting him onto the 53 man roster, or giving him an active role on the offense or special teams. Speed is one factor this offense is still missing. Breida has been a non-factor.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, he can be taken off at any time now I believe. I don't know if "ramping up" just means getting him onto the 53 man roster, or giving him an active role on the offense or special teams. Speed is one factor this offense is still missing. Breida has been a non-factor.

I think Brieda would be the one cut.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Brieda would be the one cut.  

Last week I would agree with you and say they will cut brieda. But in the cheifs game you could tell daboll wanted to get the screen game and swing passes to rbs going, and they literally dropped the ball. I wonder if they give brieda a shot, I think they really want to add passing out of the backfield to the arsenal. But he's definitely a cut candidate.

46 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think if they actually start doing things with him theirs a time limit for them to activate him or he has to be on IR for the season or something.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think if they actually start doing things with him theirs a time limit for them to activate him or he has to be on IR for the season or something.

I think that’s right, and I think the deadline is approaching.

42 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Seeing as Gabe is barely getting attention I'd say kumerow would probably be the guy.

Kumerow is valuable on special teams so Brieda or Butler are the most likely to be cut.  My guess is it'll happen over the bye week.  You also have the possibility of another player going on IR after the Titans game so it may work itself out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

In the Baldy breakdown you can see what he does and it makes it more amazing.  The way he fakes it out to the flat to hold the outside defender and then rifles it in there.

He does it so fast that you can hardly notice it in real time.  Playback at 0.25 speed and you can see him look and the defender kind of shifts his hips just enough to not be able to make a move on the throw.

That high low concept is killer. I like the slide to the left cause I think it changed the angle and lets him rifle it in there on the short side of the field. I think the WFT when he hit that same concept he arced it over cause he had the field. 

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Seeing as Gabe is barely getting attention I'd say kumerow would probably be the guy.

I doubt it TD Jesus is a ST staple

That third-tier who played in 66 percent of snaps included: CB Siran Neal, WR Jake Kumerow, S Jaquan Johnson, LB Tyrel Dodson, LB Andre Smith and RB Taiwan Jones, who spent parts of last week nursing an injury.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That is the only time I've seen him be wrong, and it turns out Milano was pretty close to seeing the field.

I wonder if they want Stevenson to take over as kick returner. McKenzie has been below average.

I think the issue with McKenzie is injury concerns due to amount of touches. I could be 100% wrong and probably am, but every time Isaiah has received more touches he gets injured. 
I do think Stevenson’s speed is enticing to the staff, especially since Josh is hitting the long throws more proficiently this season. 

8 hours ago, mannc said:

I think they’re probably just salivating about Josh having a 4.2 40 guy to throw to.

Stevenson ran a 4.45 at his pro day, not sure he's really a 4.2 guy.  Reading his draft profile, not sure he's the answer, other than as a KR, and they are becoming less useful with today's kickers. 

53 minutes ago, TPS said:

I think he's my favorite on the team.  He's so straight-forward, and he's just got something about him that makes you like him.

Yeah agreed.  He seems down to earth and approachable (very intense during games though, so he definitely knows how to turn that switch).  I believe him when he says that they will do what it takes to win regardless of who gets the ball.  He did joke several times about wanting the ball more, but I think that is true of any skill player.  Seems the team is all about winning and less about personal achievements...which is perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder who they cut to take him off IR. 

The curse of a healthy team.  They probably figured someone would get dinged enough by now to swap him out.  My guess is he stays on IR as long as possible or until someone can replace him.  I doubt very much they want to cut anyone.  Time for Breida to get turf toe..

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.