Ongoing Buffalo Bills Ratings on Madden 22 Thread!

TheyCallMeAndy

I’ve been meaning to make (and update) for a few weeks now, but here it is! We will track, discuss, predict and complain about all things Bills ratings on the surprisingly good Madden 22.

Bills on Madden

What a season, and let me say the team is REALLY good on Madden. Allen is an absolute monster and Take Away Tre can make huge plays as an AI.

Here are highlights of the FINAL ratings:

WR Woes: Diggs (-2), Bease, (-4), and Sanders (-3) all went down.

Davis (+3) and Knox (+7) had big boosts.

Other notables:

Allen (+1): Finished 89. Awareness dropped significantly (86 to 79) but he got huge boosts to rushing and passing stats. Awareness doesn’t matter when it’s the player you’re controlling, Allen is a monster.

Groot finished a 76, Boogie a 70, Spencer a 68.

Oliver stayed at 81 all year, Harry big boost to 78.

Bass is still crazy disrespected with 78 accuracy.

Poyer and Hyde still under 90 (88 and 89)

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Milano should def be higher than 82 

82 is considered really good, basically 85+ is elite. I think he’s the 5th best ROLB in the game.

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

The rookies are all in the 60’s I believe for the Bills.

Correct, Basham and Groot are the highest at 69. 

I keep seeing the Bills as an 87 online, but they remain an 81 overall for me. I have the updates and the players are the same ratings as the OP posted. 

I’m on PS5, is that the difference? They were also an 81 for me on PS4 last year (putting them middle of the pack, despite how good they are). 

4 hours ago, TOboy said:

I keep seeing the Bills as an 87 online, but they remain an 81 overall for me. I have the updates and the players are the same ratings as the OP posted. 

I’m on PS5, is that the difference? They were also an 81 for me on PS4 last year (putting them middle of the pack, despite how good they are). 

Did you adjust the ratings or add/remove anyone from the roster?

The team overalls are set manually by EA, it isn’t an average of the players like it should be

13 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Did you adjust the ratings or add/remove anyone from the roster?

The team overalls are set manually by EA, it isn’t an average of the players like it should be

Nope. I haven't edited anything. The Bills are an 81 overall, and 81 on both offense and defense. 

45 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Paging @dollars 2 donuts, where you at in here? :D

@TheyCallMeAndy

Please, HUDS, like I need this thread to lose my s*** over.

TCMA may not know that I am the original "I'll physically fight EA Tiburon workers over the Bills Madden Ratings!", but I am so glad he has stepped to the plate to handle the minutia on this because at times I've been too frustrated to post.  

TCMA, 88 is good and yes Allen did deserve the dip he took, but no way should one of last year's MVP candidates at the most important position in the sport have started off under 90.  No way.

The fact that the Bills got +1 back to their original 87 is also a joke.  Three pummelings in 3 weeks should result in better.  Yes, I know it is the total team value, but with this D playing lights out you mean to tell me (EA) that you can't figure out how to respectfully address the improvement?!!!!!

No, of course not, but you most certainly will be the first to drop them if they give up 350 yards on Sunday.

The gloves are off.  I have ripped my shirt down the middle, Hulkster style.  I am flexing my two or maybe three muscles covered in manly, but kind of gross and unkempt hair on my chest...

...waiving four fingers in a "come at me" manor right at EA, and I am not even remotely worried.

They don't have the guts.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I have to ask, what exactly makes this version of madden good vs the last decade?

You don’t need to adjust 30 sliders for 5 hours to have an enjoyable gameplay experience.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

Please, HUDS, like I need this thread to lose my s*** over.

TCMA may not know that I am the original "I'll physically fight EA Tiburon workers over the Bills Madden Ratings!", but I am so glad he has stepped to the plate to handle the minutia on this because at times I've been too frustrated to post.  

TCMA, 88 is good and yes Allen did deserve the dip he took, but no way should one of last year's MVP candidates at the most important position in the sport have started off under 90.  No way.

The fact that the Bills got +1 back to their original 87 is also a joke.  Three pummelings in 3 weeks should result in better.  Yes, I know it is the total team value, but with this D playing lights out you mean to tell me (EA) that you can't figure out how to respectfully address the improvement?!!!!!

No, of course not, but you most certainly will be the first to drop them if they give up 350 yards on Sunday.

The gloves are off.  I have ripped my shirt down the middle, Hulkster style.  I am flexing my two or maybe three muscles covered in manly, but kind of gross and unkempt hair on my chest...

...waiving four fingers in a "come at me" manor right at EA, and I am not even remotely worried.

They don't have the guts.

Hahaha Oh I knew, funny enough I did these on the OG BBMB, and I meant to do it last year but you beat me to it 🙂

We can lose our ***** together 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

@TheyCallMeAndy

Waiting, Andy.  Just waiting.  You watch and see.  They'll give him nothing.  Nothing. 

EA - nasally, punk voice:  "Meh, he only completed 52% of his passes which offsets 3 TDs, a 130 rating, 59 yards rushing and another td on the ground.  As far as the team goes they really didn't do that much more than the Chiefs." 

Jerks.

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

Waiting, Andy.  Just waiting.  You watch and see.  They'll give him nothing.  Nothing. 

EA - nasally, punk voice:  "Meh, he only completed 52% of his passes which offsets 3 TDs, a 130 rating, 59 yards rushing and another td on the ground." 

Jerks.

Yeah, it's gonna be egregious.

Outplays Mahomes by a wide margin on a national stage -- still exits the game with an 88.

Mahomes, meanwhile, throws two picks and misses a bunch of passes, but will still be ranked 99.

Meanwhile, the EA ratings guy, Andre Weingarten, made his Twitter account private, so that you can't even Tweet at him to tell him what a dink he is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, it's gonna be egregious.

Outplays Mahomes by a wide margin on a national stage -- still exits the game with an 88.

Mahomes, meanwhile, throws two picks and misses a bunch of passes, but will still be ranked 99.

Meanwhile, the EA ratings guy, Andre Weingarten, made his Twitter account private, so that you can't even Tweet at him to tell him what a dink he is. 

LOGIC...

DANGIT...they will.  Pathetic.  

I haven't checked even before Sunday's game, but honestly, I bet the Chiefs as a team are still higher than the Bills (and still will be after this week), because...you know...stuff.  Algorithms and math...stuff.

I will fight you, EA.  I will fight you in broad daylight! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/8/2021 at 4:32 PM, The Wiz said:

I have to ask, what exactly makes this version of madden good vs the last decade?

I honestly feel this is the worst version of Madden in a while. So many bugs & problems with this game, too many instance of just a broken game. And the huge focus on MUT & microtransactions has gotten outrageous. Lastly, I'm annoyed the PC version is just the last gen version of the game instead of the new one, yet they still charge $60. I built this badass PC for a reason fools, show some respect! lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly feel this is the worst version of Madden in a while. So many bugs & problems with this game, too many instance of just a broken game. And the huge focus on MUT & microtransactions has gotten outrageous. Lastly, I'm annoyed the PC version is just the last gen version of the game instead of the new one, yet they still charge $60. I built this badass PC for a reason fools, show some respect! lol

They have made a number of improvements, but this year's  edition at launch and for a while afterwards was UNIVERSALLY PANNED AND RIPPED, especially by the online players and Youtube community.

Of course it would have to be in the year that the Bills were good in it for the first time in almost a quarter century, right?

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yea anything for PC that is related to most EA Sports games is like a decade behind with their game engines.  They pretty much just port it to run on a PC and call it a day.

Meanwhile games like Dead Space 2, which came out 10 years ago, have better graphics and feel than anything that has come out recently for EASports PC games.

I think the last Madden game I bought was 2005 and I probably would like it better than the latest ones.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They have made a number of improvements, but this year's  edition at launch and for a while afterwards was UNIVERSALLY PANNED AND RIPPED, especially by the online players and Youtube community.

Of course it would have to be in the year that the Bills were good in it for the first time in almost a quarter century, right?

Last years was panned too with #fixfranchisemode. They just don't care. All about horrible MUT  It's a shame this is all that football fans get in a "simulation" game (I say that very loosely as it seems more arcady than sim to me).

• Like (+1) 2

I feel that two things are true about Madden at the same time:

On the one hand: The game is lagging behind where it should be on this generation of consoles. EA's football games have been on a downward trend ever since they got the exclusive NFL license. That exclusive license is the worst thing to ever happen to football video games. Without any competition, EA has just been coasting for years. NFL games on the fourth or fifth generation of consoles should be vastly better in all respects than what Madden is now. 

On the other hand: Video game football is still amazing right now. I grew up playing Tecmo Bowl, NFL Gameday, Madden on Sega Genesis. If you'd have shown Madden 22 to the kid version of me playing those games all those years ago, my jaw would be on the floor. Video game fans will always, always find something to complain about. I'm not saying there's nothing to complain about in the modern Madden games -- there's plenty. I'm just saying that it's STILL a pretty amazing game compared to what these games used to be. 

Both things are true, in my opinion. Yes, Madden 22 should be vastly better, and I wish 2K Sports still made football games. But also: I still find Madden to be a hell of a lot of fun, and I think fans are a bit too quick to find reasons to complain. 

At any rate, I don't really have a choice in any of it, because Madden is the only game in town. Since I want to play video game football, I really don't have a choice. So like with most things, I choose to concentrate on the positive about it and just enjoy it. This year, by the way, is the easiest time I've ever had whooping ass online. This Bills team is monstrous.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

The obvious one, even so much that Jeremy talked about this morning on WGR, Knox with the lead early on in Ray’s video above with a a four point jump overall to 81.

1.  Well deserved.

2.  A Bills TE with an 80 or greater rating in Madden?!  Never thought I’d see the day.

The other news is Josh finally go up beyond where he starts the season.  His highest ever rating of 89 (up 1).  Good, but how this guy, now into his second year of dominance is still in the 80s is ridiculous.  Ray agrees (8:41 - 8:56 above).  Especially with Dak at 90 and Lamar at 93.

afc defensive rookie of the week Greg Rousseau going up two points to…a 71?  How is he so low even as a rookie?!  (14:22)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

The obvious one, even so much that Jeremy talked about this morning on WGR, Knox with the lead early on in Ray’s video above with a a four point jump overall to 81.

1.  Well deserved.

2.  A Bills TE with an 80 or greater rating in Madden?!  Never thought I’d see the day.

The other news is Josh finally go up beyond where he starts the season.  His highest ever rating of 89 (up 1).  Good, but how this guy, now into his second year of dominance is still in the 80s is ridiculous.  Ray agrees (8:41 - 8:56 above).  Especially with Dak at 90 and Lamar at 93.

afc defensive rookie of the week Greg Rousseau going up two points to…a 71?  How is he so low even as a rookie?!  (14:22)

I think they do tend to keep rookies quite low, but he is basically a starter now and really performing well regardless of rookie status.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

1.  Well deserved.

Played a few online matches today. Knox made noticeably more plays and is quite the weapon now.

As for Josh, well…his rating MUST be due to some bias on the ratings guy’s part, because 89 is preposterously low for a guy doing what Josh is doing. No matter. Despite what the OVR number is, he’s beastly in Madden. Basically unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

You can do nearly anything you want with Josh in Madden. I wouldn’t look at the overall as a detriment too his skill set, but a compliment rather.

His skill set is so unique that even with the lower overall he’s playing at a higher level in Madden, I think his overall may still be lower because for every overall higher he gets he’s just going to be a little more overpowered

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Played a few online matches today. Knox made noticeably more plays and is quite the weapon now.

As for Josh, well…his rating MUST be due to some bias on the ratings guy’s part, because 89 is preposterously low for a guy doing what Josh is doing. No matter. Despite what the OVR number is, he’s beastly in Madden. Basically unstoppable.

i’ve heard stories/rumors here and there…the rating gods at EA are definitely biased. Where that bias comes from is up for debate. Some say personal fandom, others say they’re pressured from above. 

But yeah Josh should be a 95 OVR at least

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, elijah said:

You can do nearly anything you want with Josh in Madden. I wouldn’t look at the overall as a detriment too his skill set, but a compliment rather.

His skill set is so unique that even with the lower overall he’s playing at a higher level in Madden, I think his overall may still be lower because for every overall higher he gets he’s just going to be a little more overpowered

Trying to capture how good a runner/scrambler he is while still having him with the highest throw power makes him seriously OP in Madden and reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I think they do tend to keep rookies quite low, but he is basically a starter now and really performing well regardless of rookie status.

Pretty sure Spencer Brown is like a 65 too. Which is weird because the guy whose starting job he took (Williams) is like a 77 or something. But Madden has always been terrible at getting ratings right, especially for rookies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Pretty sure Spencer Brown is like a 65 too. Which is weird because the guy whose starting job he took (Williams) is like a 77 or something. But Madden has always been terrible at getting ratings right, especially for rookies.

It's much easier for Madden to undervalue rookies and adjust them as they play vs having a guy they rate stupidly high that's terrible. The top 10 rookies tend to be decently rated but as the first round progresses they get worse

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Allen has x-factor by the end of the season. But he went down to an 86. After the patriots blowout perfect game he went up to 88 I think. Anyone know if he went up again? My EA password needs to be reset. 

Pretty sure it went up, but they added a new feature, the coaching brake. No matter how great Allen plays, you lose the game.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.