Gilmore released

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I dunno why anyone would want him back. He is super talented but has been a me-first player throughout his career. He will dog it in games if his contract is ending and will sulk and pout if he isn't getting the money he wants. Pass. 

I think the sulking was part of being in the Rex awful teams.  

And if that happens here, he's gone.  We basically have 2 #1 CBs if we get him here, and this will give us arguably the top secondary in the NFL and allow us to go toe to toe with any offense.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I think the sulking was part of being in the Rex awful teams.  

And if that happens here, he's gone.  We basically have 2 #1 CBs if we get him here, and this will give us arguably the top secondary in the NFL and allow us to go toe to toe with any offense.  

I understand your point, I just don't think this is a team for divas. If we sign him, I'm not going to complain. I'm just not going to lobby for him.

• Like (+1) 1

yes,  Gilmore was a top 10 corner while he was here,  when he felt like actually trying.    i dont care about the excuses,  when youre a professional,  being paid to do your job the best u can,  if u start dogging it,  peeps have a right to turn on u.     some of us still remember his "excitement" of being drafted by Buffalo....

he played a few above average years,  then bailed.    thats fine.   but dont act like it didnt happen.

22 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Agreed it's not written, but if the contact is borderline, looking vs not looking is going to be the tie breaker right? Could be wrong here

you are 100% correct.  If you turn your head and look at the ball, it's almost never PI because the defender has the same right to go after the ball as the WR, so  contact is incidental in that instance.  If the head is not turned and there is contact, the defender is not going for the ball and it gets called.  

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

yes,  Gilmore was a top 10 corner while he was here,  when he felt like actually trying.    i dont care about the excuses,  when youre a professional,  being paid to do your job the best u can,  if u start dogging it,  peeps have a right to turn on u.     some of us still remember his "excitement" of being drafted by Buffalo....

he played a few above average years,  then bailed.    thats fine.   but dont act like it didnt happen.

he did sulk, but people grow, and he was playing for Rex (ugh) 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Money talks and JAX has by far the most cap space.

I would like to think BUF has a higher likelihood, but have learned not to bet against McBeane’s Levi Love

bold literally made me LOL!  So true, and I like Levi, but Gilmore is an upgrade.  

Agreed that money talks.  I think Gilmore's unhappiness in Buffalo was being on a dysfunctional losing team (Rex team).  I think he would look at JAX and say "no thanks."  

If he's going after top dollar, I think CAR has the most space on a functional team that needs a CB.  

If going for a ring this year, I think BUF (really, we may be SB fav's with him); KC, and TB are the favs.  ??

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I should point out we only have 3mil in cap space.

that's a great point.  

What do KC and TB have?  Just curious, I have no idea.  I think the "he goes to TB/KC" by some is Rex year FA PTSD (which I also suffer from!)  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you really think wins is the best way to evaluate CB play and if so, why don't his wins in New England count?

At NE he played as if he cared.

Do you also want to give Whitner another try? He too was quite useful and certainly not a waste of a draft pick and cap space, no? 😂

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

At NE he played as if he cared.

Do you also want to give Whitner another try? He too was quite useful and certainly not a waste of a draft pick and cap space, no? 😂

Wait, so you're saying we should draft more Mike Williams and Erik Flowers?!?! 

There's no way he's coming back without a big new contract. I don't think the Bills have the cap space for this. Not worth it. There will be other needs to fill in the offseason that need to be accounted for. I doubt a high priced veteran CB coming off injury fits the McBeane plan.

3 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I hate Belichick, but the guy gets the most out of every defender. Gilmore went from an average player here, to All-Pro in New England. We'll see how he fares if they decide to start calling him for holding again now that he's out of NE. 

Did you just say an average player here God I’m glad you’re not Our gm

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

bold literally made me LOL!  So true, and I like Levi, but Gilmore is an upgrade.  

Agreed that money talks.  I think Gilmore's unhappiness in Buffalo was being on a dysfunctional losing team (Rex team).  I think he would look at JAX and say "no thanks."  

If he's going after top dollar, I think CAR has the most space on a functional team that needs a CB.  

If going for a ring this year, I think BUF (really, we may be SB fav's with him); KC, and TB are the favs.  ??

that's a great point.  

What do KC and TB have?  Just curious, I have no idea.  I think the "he goes to TB/KC" by some is Rex year FA PTSD (which I also suffer from!)  

If I’m running OBD I’m trying mightily to sign him. Just don’t think BUF has a good shot without true need at CB or a ton of $ to show at him. We may be #6 on my list though just because we are on the contender short list. 

3 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

KC, Bucs, Ravens

Always and forever

He'll sign with KC and play this week

I believe he can't come of of PUP till week 6. We play TB week 14, and he could play against us then.

Edited by simpleman

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The revisionist history on Gilmore is hilarious…. Dude was really good here. Fans hated him because he signed with the Patriots and talked ***** to bills fans after the fact. 

Fans hated him from the first moment he was drafted when he didnt jump up and dance around enough for some peoples' liking. 🙄

He absolutely was great here, and if we could afford him, I'd welcome him back as our #2 CB. But that wont happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Alot more than Gilmore. Plus, they even TRIED to win and went all out. They didn't dog it half the time like Gilmore.

You just equate cornerbacks with cop killers. :nana: Gilmore was great here. This idea that he hated it in Buffalo was nonsense from the start. He did want to leave at the end because we weren’t good and weren’t going to pay him the money.