Gilmore released

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

This dude has proven over and over that he is a me-first player. He is not going to add positively to the team chemistry and culture here. And his best days are behind him as a player anyway.

He will try to get as much money as he possibly can. The Bills do not have cap space.

Dude was a team player. Just about everyone is me first when it comes to contract negotiations. Also, if I remember right, he didn't show "enough" emotion while here. So he obviously didn't care. 

👌

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

From everything we heard when Gilmore was here was that he was an incredibly hard worker. Taking care of his body, watching a ton of tape to get an edge, and always working on his craft. I don’t get where all the Gilmore hate comes from. Because he didn’t smile when he was drafted? So what. Buffalo had a terrible reputation when he was drafted here and didn’t show much improvement while he was here. The organization was a joke. So, he goes and enjoys a little success elsewhere (says he is excited to be on TV more) and becomes the target of a bunch of Bills fan hate. I don’t get it. 

He won’t come back here, but we’d be lucky to get him as a #2 corner opposite Tre. Especially, with how much a lot of people on here foolishly try to replace Levi Wallace at every turn. Be careful what you wish for. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ravens or Panthers could do it 

Panthers have Horn although Hurt, and just made a trade for Henderson, and went all defense the first draft. I can't see them looking to invest more on that side of the ball (let alone position), especially as a team not ready for a playoff run.

Edited by BillsShredder83

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes Gilmore really should not have left belichick out of his goodbye/thank you letter to the pats. Gonna end up in Duval county 

Reports are Packers

And this is how easy the cap is manipulated to fit a player.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I hate Belichick, but the guy gets the most out of every defender. Gilmore went from an average player here, to All-Pro in New England. We'll see how he fares if they decide to start calling him for holding again now that he's out of NE. 

He was a Pro Bowler with 5 INTs the season before he got to NE.  People here thought he was Deion Sanders and Revis all in one.

53 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Wallace was targeted and talk to me after Sunday when the Chiefs expose him,  as for the Pittsburg game.  It was not just the one questionable interference call ( you still need to turn your head around and he did not),  he also was targeted on other huge Steeler plays including that TD ( Diontae Johnson) in the back of the end zone. I believe signing Gilmore would give us two lockdown corners and that helps our pass rush

Wallace, like every other Cb2 would on teams not named the Dolphins, will have his struggles vs. KC for sure! That doesn't mean we should get Gilly to play zone for 15 mil.

can't do it for that price.. doesn't work. He is a mostly man coverage defender. If he would take less and the coaches think he can play in our scheme, sure but that's not gonna happen likely.

And no, you DO NOT need to turn your head around in coverage. That is a 100% myth. They stopped enforcing that long ago. The in-broadcast refs that they have in many games these days have gone over this many times in their evals on interference calls. You're not alone in believing that its still a thing, but you're wrong.

example-

"Jay Stark

, Two years working for an NFL team & 20 years working for the league.

Answered December 23, 2015

Originally Answered: Is it pass interference if a defensive back never looks back at the quarterback when the ball is thrown to the receiver?

It is 'defensive' pass interference only if there is contact by the DB that inhibits the ability of the receiver to make the catch. He can go in front of the receiver, making incidental contact, in order to catch the ball. He may not drive through the receiver to make the catch. There is no rule that either the receiver or the defender must ever look back for the ball. It just makes sense for both of them to do so. While the ball is in the air, it is pass interference if either offensive or defensive player(s) inhibits (using contact) the ability of the opposing player, to catch the ball."

and...

"

Richard Livornese

Answered September 26, 2013

Originally Answered: Is it pass interference if a defensive back never looks back at the quarterback when the ball is thrown to the receiver?

What you describe is sometimes referred to as 'face guarding'. There was a time when this was a penalty in the NFL- it no longer is. Unless the defender makes contact with the receiver, it is not a penalty.

(See Rule 8 Sec. 5 Article 1 in the NFL Rule book for the complete definition of what is pass interference as well as some things that are not)"

And another - https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/691/ask-the-official-face-guarding-in-itself-is-illegal-only-within-high-school-rules

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

From everything we heard when Gilmore was here was that he was an incredibly hard worker. Taking care of his body, watching a ton of tape to get an edge, and always working on his craft. I don’t get where all the Gilmore hate comes from. Because he didn’t smile when he was drafted? So what. Buffalo had a terrible reputation when he was drafted here and didn’t show much improvement while he was here. The organization was a joke. So, he goes and enjoys a little success elsewhere (says he is excited to be on TV more) and becomes the target of a bunch of Bills fan hate. I don’t get it. 

He won’t come back here, but we’d be lucky to get him as a #2 corner opposite Tre. Especially, with how much a lot of people on here foolishly try to replace Levi Wallace at every turn. Be careful what you wish for. 

I don't think I've ever seen him smile.

A lot of the hatred is because of his position and where he was drafted.  Back when Gilmore was drafted it seemed we went DB or RB first round every draft and even if we landed a Revis some people were going to hate the pick.  These people fail to realize that CB is a premium position as the modern game is a passing game.  You cannot find a Tre'Davious in his prime in free agency.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2