One Bills Live with Chris Brown and... Maddy Glab?

Giuseppe Tognarelli

18 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Chris Brown is a tough listen with Tasker. Brown with Maddie Glab makes me appreciate silence.

I have a few opinions. Pick what you want. 

1. Brown and Tasker sound like 2 guys at the bar except they only order water. 

2. Brown yells too much and needs a new microphone. 
3. Glab is terrible. (I love women)

4. Murph was a fair and balanced compared to these 3 never going anywhere small town media people who are comfortable because there is no competition. 
5. Brown and Glab forces me to alternatives. 
6. Tasker and Brown think they are smart but have no knowledge of their own lives. 
7. Tasker and Brown are hypocrites. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Muppy said:

welcome to 2BD ^5

Im reading the thread out of market so havent heard said Glab all that often but it would be great if some homegrown Bills fangirl became an announcer and brought her insight and knowledge into the mix. Broadcasting careers I would guess are highly sought after . Gotta work your way up

Thanks - I've been lurking here for years but don't participate much. Came over after the BBMB was eliminated. I appreciate reading everyone's thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/4/2021 at 5:43 PM, MJS said:

I can't listen to the show with Maddy Glab. All she does is repeat what Chris Brown says, but in a way that makes it twice as long to say. She provides nothing of value. It makes the show unlistenable for me.

Steve is a little discombobulated and has strange things to say, but at least he isn't just a parrot repeating everything he hears from others on the show. Hope he returns soon.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up that she is still on the show today. I will not be listening to it later.

Same.

Maddy is absolutely terrible for this particular job. I have no idea who gave her this job but she is not qualified for it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I find it amusing that her voice is so annoying to Buffalo natives.  She has a thick Inland Northern working class accent that is prominent all around the Great Lakes, including Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.  Her Chicago accent isn't that different from those found all around WNY. 

I agree.  The local callers are nearly as annoying as she is.  Her voice just seems to be a special kind of annoying.  Maybe it's the pitch or something.

Having said that, she seems to know her stuff.  And criticism of her on air voice isn't a criticism of her as a woman in the sports workplace or anything like that.  Kudos to her for rising to her current position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  The local callers are nearly as annoying as she is.  Her voice just seems to be a special kind of annoying.  Maybe it's the pitch or something.

Having said that, she seems to know her stuff.  And criticism of her on air voice isn't a criticism of her as a woman in the sports workplace or anything like that.  Kudos to her for rising to her current position.

For me, it’s not so much her voice, but rather her pacing.

She talks very… oddly. There are pauses in weird spots and run-on sentences, and it’s just all so bad.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gomper said:

That was a fantastic show.  I actually knew Larry personally.  Total class.  He always asked my opinion on the team, even though he forgot more football than I've ever seen.  Great guy. RIP Larry. 

Larry was my next door neighbor for a year or two. Great guy. But for those who are bothered by "bad" voices, I imagine they might have an issue with Larry. I liked him quite a bit. But he didn't have a voice for broadcast.

So nobody knows why Tasker is missing?

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Larry was my next door neighbor for a year or two. Great guy. But for those who are bothered by "bad" voices, I imagine they might have an issue with Larry. I liked him quite a bit. But he didn't have a voice for broadcast.

So nobody knows why Tasker is missing?

True. His voice wasn't smooth but the timing and rhythm were measured to a degree that it sounded good.  Him and Murphy had terrific chemistry. 

13 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I find it amusing that her voice is so annoying to Buffalo natives.  She has a thick Inland Northern working class accent that is prominent all around the Great Lakes, including Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee.  Her Chicago accent isn't that different from those found all around WNY. 

When I hear callers to local Buffalo radio shows, I cringe listening to their Sowt Bufflo ahhksents.  Maddy does have a youthful tone to her voice, but that's not any fault of hers, and shouldn't take away from the content of her statements.

Is there any broadcast commentator that everyone agrees on? 

The woman does her homework and is an enthusiastic supporter of the Bills.  I don't find that she parrots the host at all. As far as her awards and lunchtime trivia games go - what do you expect. They're trying add a little light fun and fill their 2-3 hours, 5 days a week. 

If you don't like the shows, don't listen. 

Her own father tells her that she parrots the host.  :lol:

And if you don't think she is hard to listen to you are probably not in WNY but rather listening in stereo online..........because her faint, monotone voice is a challenge to hear on the am radio where the majority of listeners are getting the content.

• Like (+1) 1

If you complain about Maddy's voice and haven't complained about Rick Jeanneret on the Sabres games in recent years then I suspect your motives.  Even legends need to know when to hang it up before you become end-stage Dick Clark.

Now Beth Mowin's voice? Complain away. 

14 hours ago, Madbillsfan said:

I LIKE STEVE, HUMBLE AND FUNNY

YES

JUST OFFERS LITTLE VALUE

4. Murph was a fair and balanced compared to these 3 never going anywhere small town media people who are comfortable because there is no competition. 
MURPH OFFERED NO INSIGHT

YES - there are many these days
6. Tasker and Brown think they are smart but have no knowledge of their own lives. 
NOPE

NOPE

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

...trying to come up with a good "Brown" nickname without being too insulting...

'Brown knows'.  
(Homonyms can be your friend!)

14 hours ago, gomper said:

True. His voice wasn't smooth but the timing and rhythm were measured to a degree that it sounded good.  Him and Murphy had terrific chemistry. 

Quite honestly, if the younger Murphy and Larry Felser had to fill as much airtime as these shows today, we would be kvetching about them, too.  The maximum time I remember Felser being on was two hours?  Perhaps only 1 1/2 hours; I think his hours lessened in later years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:03 PM, Stanley Lombardi said:

To be fair-er,

In the wider world (yes, there is such a thing), above and beyond the self-acclaimed hipsters of TBD, Murph and Tasker are liked/loved, respected/revered.

I agree, but it manifests or manifested much like the noise on this thread. 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:38 PM, Warcodered said:

My only issue with him on there is he answers his own questions when he asks them.

I’ve been saying this for years. He really needs some interview 101. Deeply frustrating to hear him ask a question and then either lead the source or answer the damn question. Otherwise, he’s fine. I like his takes

On 10/5/2021 at 6:59 PM, Madbillsfan said:

Somebody buy Brown a damn microphone. Whenever he yells the sound is awful. I only cost like a couple hundred bucks. 

So I was listening to the Monday show today and noticed that Tasker was still missing. Anyone have an update on this?

I think Maddy would make a good sideline reporter. A podcast host, no way

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

So I was listening to the Monday show today and noticed that Tasker was still missing. Anyone have an update on this?

Tasker was on air for several days last week.  He appeared remotely from Alaska and sounded like he was on the way back from a pretty good cold, flu or something.   He was not on the show yesterday and they acknowledged that he was absent as he was traveling back from Alaska.  No idea what he was doing in Alaska...  But he seems otherwise fine and very Steve Tasker.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know why Brown wouldn’t have mentioned regularly our guy Tasker is up in the Great White North.  It could’ve been easy to have out there.  It just seemed so hush hush.  Not sure why.  Happy for his daughter getting hitched amd sounds like a great family trip.

Harken back to days gone by when our local paper would announce hospital admissions.  Sort of a community announcement that a friend or neighbor was in need of support.  Then their homes started getting burglarized.  Now-a-days we should be careful about what you publish on social media about where you might be traveling and for how long.  Sort of a giant "No one will be home for days--just come see if any one is house sitting or even checking on it and rob the place at your leisure."

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.