Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Davis ankle is probably fine or they would make him inactive and get someone else on the gameday roster. My observation is that Sanders has eaten up his snaps early in the season because they are trying to establish the connection between he and Allen abd fully integrate him into the offense. They also have been playing knox a lot more which keeps a WR off the field. My feeling is that as we move toward midseason, once they feel comfortable with Sanders in the offense, Davis’s snaps and targets will go up because they will want to start load management with Beasley and Sanders. They need to avoid what happened with our WRs down the stretch last season, they were all playing very injured in the playoffs. 

I think teams are also planning for 13 this year after he posted very solid stats for a WR3/4 in his rookie year, he roasted defenses on broken plays and sideline plays all last year as teams just didn't give him the respect he deserved. He's getting that respect now, and its going to make the targets drop and the throws that come his way a little more difficult to catch.

2 hours ago, eball said:

You people are something else.  This has become a Tyrod and Edmunds thread.  Christ.

Can somebody tell me something about Davis Mills?  He had one good drive last Thursday but otherwise…meh.  Have to think Frazier’s D will eat him up.

This game has the makings of a Trubisky 4th quarter that is not due to injury.  You know the Bills see the KC game on the schedule next week but that whole “humble and hungry” approach has me confident they aren’t looking past the Texans.

17 is a big spread, but the Bills are coming off a +35 and +22 against better competition…

I'm really struggling with this spread on my weekly pool. I know the whole "humble & hungry" thing. I know they are focused on the Texans, "one game at a time... blah blah..." 

But still... they gotta be thinking about keeping everyone healthy for the following week. I could easily see, and even expect a lot of backups out there in the second half, including Mitch Trubisky, and a lot of vanilla scheming in the second half. And the Texans are going to be fighting until the end. Does the Bills facing the Chiefs in the following week make it easier for the Texans to cover a 17 point spread?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hm. Turns out Lil Dirty isn't as bad a returner as a bunch of Bills fans have suggested.

10 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Gabe Davis does not seem right.  Send him to the 3 week IR and see what Marquez can do?

Stevenson would also be buried on the depth chart just like Davis.

Gabe has dealt with an injury but he’s also the 4th WR at best right now. 

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

absolutely nothing wrong with telling someone when they are doing a terrible job. I also regularly tell police "thank you for all you do". Criticism is part of life, and isnt a reason for him to get power trippy. I am a teacher of at risk youth who regularly tell me whats on their mind, I don't let it effect my relationship with them or "abuse my power" to get back at them....because I am a professional. 

I'm glad that worked out well for you Sunday.

You do realize that the "kill them with kindness" philosophy tends to yield good results, right?

2 hours ago, uninja said:

I think teams are also planning for 13 this year after he posted very solid stats for a WR3/4 in his rookie year, he roasted defenses on broken plays and sideline plays all last year as teams just didn't give him the respect he deserved. He's getting that respect now, and its going to make the targets drop and the throws that come his way a little more difficult to catch.

I don’t think it has anything to do with respect. 

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Very aware. At this point in my trip, I didn't need any results. I was already at the light. I needed nothing from him. I felt the need to let him know that today was not their best day. I've been going to games the same route for 20 years and have never experienced that delay. Nothing wrong with rewarding good work and criticizing bad. Nothing I did explained why they weren't doing their job. The only thing me speaking up did was show this particular deputies true color, by him attempting to be power trippy with me, which didn't work because I drove by his out stretched hand and watched him just look at me (and all the cars behind me who did the same) in my rearview mirror as I ignored his "direction". 

I didn't post so you could attempt to clown on me. I posted to share an unusual experience. Perhaps others also had a bad time getting through traffic, I know people we tailgate with waited an hour (also unusual), and see if maybe anyone heard any reasons for the poor traffic coordination Sunday. 

So rather than having a decent human interaction and trying to have a conversation about the issue, you decided to be a jerk? Weird flex but ok. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills by 31.

Something like 41 - 10

This will be another stress free Sunday, with back to back top end performances from QB1 and Offense (Diggs goes off this game)

Yeah, even with a garbage-time TD or two, I really can’t see Davis Mills and David Cully covering a 17-point spread at Highmark Stadium.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, corta765 said:

Anyone who says next week will be a blowout needs to watch the Texans against the Panthers and there other two games. They are vet heavy lineup that may not have talent but Culley has them playing hard. Teams like that are always tough because they have wayyy too much pride to rollover and Cooks is having a great year at WR. I don't think the Bills cover the game and I could see a 24-14 type game which is closer then people think but never necessarily in doubt either. Add in the KC game the week after and it feels like a game where fans me get more frustrated with how it plays out to get a win.

I don't know anything anymore. Based on the start of the season and how we played last year, I thought WAS would give us a hard time. I could not have been more wrong. I think we should beat the Texans by 2+ possessions, so who knows...

43 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't know anything anymore. Based on the start of the season and how we played last year, I thought WAS would give us a hard time. I could not have been more wrong. I think we should beat the Texans by 2+ possessions, so who knows...

Realistically predicting game by game outcomes are so tough outside of like the Jets who are just so bad and devoid of talent I think anyone would say its easy two score win.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Realistically predicting game by game outcomes are so tough outside of like the Jets who are just so bad and devoid of talent I think anyone would say its easy two score win.

For the most part these guesses are easy. It is the Buffalo v. KC games that are tough and/or just picking the spread.