Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

Sucks that you can’t read any of the Saturdays Coverage news anymore on the other team unless your a subscriber…Hardly worth the bother to even post them anymore… I doubt anybody is subscribing to these garbage newspapers anymore I know I’m not…

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

pretty ridiculous this is still going on, to say the least.  Let’s just leave it at that.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'll reflect on this, but I really don't feel that I seek attention. The reason I quoted myself was because of the reactions to the post; I wouldn't have quoted myself if people hadn't been interacting. That's the only way I knew to respond to the feedback on the post. The original post was just intended to say I'm disappointed in Oliver in a humorous way after Joe DiBiase opined that what McD said about Oliver was the heaviest type of criticism he ever levels on a player.

It's possible that I have tendencies, behaviors, and motivations that are more obvious to others than they are to me, but I was just expressing disappointment in Oliver in a way that came naturally to me.

Well you are not wrong.  Oliver does not get double teamed nearly as much as people here think he does, basic statistics indicate there is not a need to double team him, in fact there is zero chance any offense even considers him or thinks to plan around him.  He is not big enough nor strong enough to warrant it.  While some of his "statistics" on paper may suggest a decent "win rate" (sounds like a participation trophy) he is largely invisible on this defense and could be replaced easily and cheaply.  Sure he will make 1 or 2 plays a game that are notable, but that is not enough for a first round top ten pick.  He is currently rated around 75th for interior lineman, and we all heard "wait until Star comes back" and then he will shine.  Well, I wonder when that will happen? Hopefully this week, as he is easy to like and I am all about him succeeding - I truly root for him because he is undersized and such hard worker.  Really, I hope he proves all the critics wrong, but I fear this was a rather underwhelming draft pick.  On the bright side, he absolutely could be worse.  While he is solidly a slightly below average player, he is not a bust quite yet.  And to his credit it looks like he tries a lot, he is certainly a hard worker.  I feel that we have seen his ceiling and he has likely maxed out.  It was funny on a thread last week someone on here said that he was a big factor on two sacks from Groot, but in replay on one of those sacks Milano then Hughes were the disruptors with Oliver having no impact and on the other Oliver was on the bench - some people have observer bias toward Oliver, and that is ok.  We are all human.

Maybe with McDermott calling him out, finally, it will motivate Oliver to actually produce over the course of a game?  We can hope, right?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Perhaps this is why so many of Josh's turnover worthy plays don't result in turnovers .. it must take some time to get used to catch his fastball. If Josh were ever mad enough and called a "Longest Yard" play, he might kill the defender or permanently change  his ability to sit at the least.

And here is some of that zip in the Washington game .. the TD to Sanders .. wow there was some heat on that

throwin the missle like a pitcher in baseball in that vernacular his passes are defintely the Heater variety ha! With accuracy. Double ha ha!

no rainbows in that pass straight up Heat.

m

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Perhaps this is why so many of Josh's turnover worthy plays don't result in turnovers .. it must take some time to get used to catch his fastball. If Josh were ever mad enough and called a "Longest Yard" play, he might kill the defender or permanently change  his ability to sit at the least.

And here is some of that zip in the Washington game .. the TD to Sanders .. wow there was some heat on that

Freaking Howitzer. Love that guy.