9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

I have to say, maybe one of the most impressive things about that game was the drive right before the half. Surgical. Outstanding clock management. Had to have crushed the WFT's spirit.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

I have to say, maybe one of the most impressive things about that game was the drive right before the half. Surgical. Outstanding clock management. Had to have crushed the WFT's spirit.

Yeah, that was big. Props to McDermott for trusting his offense to operate from its own end with only :26 to play with.

Also interesting that the very next time they touched the ball after that, they ripped off a 90+ yard, 17 play TD drive.

• Like (+1) 14

53 minutes ago, Nelius said:

got to love domination like this that just shuts all of them up.

That, and KC and Cheater losses keeping those people away

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

For how talented WASH defensive line is, they had an astonishingly ineffectual gameplan to stop Allen, took some really bad angles and he just slips past

Although talented, I feel like their rush was rather predictable. Unlike Pittsburgh's mastery of the zone blitz bringing linebackers, safeties, and corners from various positions behind the line to overload protections while dropping d-linemen to cover those zones WFT seems to rely more on the athleticism of their front 4 than trying to confuse protections.

They did have one well-timed safety blitz from the slot, but Allen's quick release on a slant basically negated it. At one point in the 2nd half they desperately tried bringing 5 on the rush and playing more man, but Allen saw so much of that his first 2 years that he ate that up on our long drive. Knew he was in their head at that point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Peak drunk WGR post game show caller

”the bills should use Kumerow in the red zone more”

bulldog “I don’t care”

schopp “they scored every time they were in the red zone”

caller:” I think he’s a big presence. I’ll write them an email”

schopp “I think they did ok. let me know if you get a response” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The one-more-play decision and pass to Knox with 6 seconds on the clock was dripping with swagger. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Agreed.  I was equally impressed with the time consuming drive with our first possession in the 3rd quarter.  That was a thing of beauty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peak drunk WGR post game show caller

”the bills should use Kumerow in the red zone more”

bulldog “I don’t care”

schopp “they scored every time they were in the red zone”

caller:” I think he’s a big presence. I’ll write them an email”

schopp “I think they did ok. let me know if you get a response” 

Stop it. That didn’t really happen 

• Haha (+1) 4

this point was belabored in the GDT but why no replays of even a slightly controversial call or play...??? I need to now what the heck is up with that...?

**shuffles m y fingers*** I know the answer has to be money somewhere...lol

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 3