"If Allen Plays Like Crap This Week, Accept that He's Simply Not Good

FilthyBeast
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to hypothesize that 2 or 3 games outweigh a full season as a sample set, Congratulations!  You have won your very own thread using the "magic" of the moderator "Split" function

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to discuss the upcoming game, let's try to keep the Week 3 WFT thread at least loosely on topic

Enjoy!

With Josh being a little off to start the year, could it be he doesn't have that calming figure and the vet presence of Matt Barkley? You know, that one guy or friend that keeps you grounded and focused (stop you from doing dumb stuff). The entire offense looks to be made up of "pump you up guys". I think MT was a great pickup but I just don't see him sitting with JA on the bench talking about the game and plays like he did with Matt and being a mellow you out kinda guy. Maybe I'm just not seeing it during the game... I'm confident Josh will get back to his game soon, just think he may need someone like Matt to help calm him down. Just a thought. 🤔

Right now my level of concern remains low. It might jump to a 5 on a scale of 1-10  if we don't see at least one signature Allen game in the next two outings. Something like 350+ total yards 4 total TD's no turnovers and 65%+ completion. But then again we might continue to make the running game a priority which would mean low yardage and TD totals for Allen. So in that case I just want to see the Bills win the next two and move the chains consistently which would mean Allen has to snap out of this sub 60% completion streak he has going.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

With Josh being a little off to start the year, could it be he doesn't have that calming figure and the vet presence of Matt Barkley? You know, that one guy or friend that keeps you grounded and focused (stop you from doing dumb stuff). The entire offense looks to be made up of "pump you up guys". I think MT was a great pickup but I just don't see him sitting with JA on the bench talking about the game and plays like he did with Matt and being a mellow you out kinda guy. Maybe I'm just not seeing it during the game... I'm confident Josh will get back to his game soon, just think he may need someone like Matt to help calm him down. Just a thought. 🤔

It's more likely it's the fans in the stand than MB.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

Washington has a good dline and but has struggled mightily overall and is lucky to be 1-1 right now. And even if they were a top defense Allen played extremely well against many top 10 defenses last year and has to show that again given his contract. Really hope he can turn it around and come out firing.

Trying to find anything to piss people off and get them talking. I am sure no one has buyers remorse today. I have readers remorse reading your fluff crap though. “Simply not good” may be the silliness statement I have read in ‘21. 

19 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I was wondering the same thing...

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Likely was someone who never liked the Allen pick and saw this as a chance to show everyone how smart he was.  He was right and everyone else was wrong!

Or didn't like the contract maybe? Still pretty weird lol people only look at stats I guess and they don't really think about the headaches someone like Josh causes defensive coordinators even when he's not playing that well