Texans: Dumbest Coaching Decision Ever?

Wow hard to think of a worst coaching decision than this.  Culley goes on to half arsed defend it, then finally concedes loss.

Can anyone come up with a worse decision in NFL History???

A couple 4th doen spikes come to mind, but atleast those are players, and in a time crunch.  He had time to weigh it out.  Theres nobody in the booth to chime in and say HEYYYYYY WAITTTTTTTTT.  Someone should be fired today, even if its just a booth guy

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

Texans have been surprisingly decent out of the gate considering what was expected of them.  Having said that, yes it may be the dumbest coaching decision ever.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

*checks notes* 

2-0 

From a team that everyone believes is a bottom of the barrel roster..

Not a bad job so far..

They're 1-1.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wow hard to think of a worst coaching decision than this.  Culley goes on to half arsed defend it, then finally concedes loss.

Can anyone come up with a worse decision in NFL History???

A couple 4th doen spikes come to mind, but atleast those are players, and in a time crunch.  He had time to weigh it out.  Theres nobody in the booth to chime in and say HEYYYYYY WAITTTTTTTTT.  Someone should be fired today, even if its just a booth guy

You are assuming the Texans Brass wants to win games this year, and not tank to get a top pick so they can grab a new QB.

Yes I can.

1) Rex's game time decisions, multiple, in the Chiefs loss a few years ago when he challenged two plays he shouldn't have but didn't challenge the two he should have AND him not knowing and admitting how the instant replay system work.

2) Every major GM decision by Bill O Brien with the Texans including trading Deandre Hopkins for a washed up running back.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes I can.

1) Rex's game time decisions, multiple, in the Chiefs loss a few years ago when he challenged two plays he shouldn't have but didn't challenge the two he should have AND him not knowing and admitting how the instant replay system work.

I loved the challenge on the first down catch for 5 yards.  It was overturned, but a wasted challenge.  The Chefs had 2nd and 10 instead of 2nd and 5.  Big deal.  A lot of people on this board were saying "Good challenge, it was overturned".  As if that's the only criteria.  But the bomb to (I forget) that went to our 1 yard line, no challenge, might have been overturned.  At least give your D a chance to get a breather, even if it isn't overturned.  The Chefs ran up to the line and slammed it in for the TD, while Rex was still trying to get his thumb out. 

You can't waste challenges on BS plays.  They have to be used on potential game-changers, big gains, etc. 

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1