It's strange to feel unsettled after a 35-0 division road win

Inigo Montoya

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Dolphins didn't throw up all over themselves all game, it would have been a much closer contest. I didn't know Brissett was the backup, but I knew anyone would have been better than Tua. I thought we screwed the pooch knocking him out.

I still have nightmares about backup QBs torching us from a handful of years ago.  Who was it, Tarvaris Jackson?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Dolphins didn't throw up all over themselves all game, it would have been a much closer contest. I didn't know Brissett was the backup, but I knew anyone would have been better than Tua. I thought we screwed the pooch knocking him out.

I think the Bills defense was responsible for giving the Dolphins the heaves.

• Like (+1) 1

As others have already said, sky high expectations are not being met.  That’s certainly true of Allen, the OL and the coaching.  It’s weird to be holding my breath after a 35-0 win, but it’s been an odd start to the season.  Allen hasn’t played anywhere close to last season, but he’s been the best QB on the field in both games so far.  Still, it looks like teams are trying to take away those 10-15 yard throws that were such a huge part of his success last season and I haven’t seen adjustments to counter that.  That has to happen or we are in trouble when we play better teams.  Next up is the WFT that has an outstanding DL but not much at QB so I like our odds there as we don’t have to have it all figured out to get a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I still have nightmares about backup QBs torching us from a handful of years ago.  Who was it, Tarvaris Jackson?

Ehhhh, some of those drops, even a few missed INT chances? Dolphins really did themselves in as much as we did.

32 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I have never been sold on Allen so his poor performance hasn't been a surprise for me.

I'm surprised that I was the ONLY Bills fans that had concerns about him before he signed his extension. 

Ross Geller Slow Clap GIF by Friends

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It feels unsettling because not a single player on offense is playing at or above expectations through 2 games.  Except maybe Knox, whose expectations were minimal.  

From what I have “read and heard” our RBs have performed at an expected level, 3 TDs, when was the last time that happened during this regime? Frankly it’s a combination of things, not enough preseason play, a years worth of tape on our QB and offensive tendencies (tells) and a bit of believing there own press clippings from last season, and likely some new plays that aren’t well ingrained yet, I will add our LT is recovering from Covid and, again tendencies of our O line will be exploited by smart coaches, there is a big difference between The Steelers and Miami’s HCs and their decision making. If we mix things up a bit more and not do things exactly like we did last season we will have success this season, but it’s a do it now or have to work harder than is necessary to win games, remember, overall Miami has crap for QBs, today showed this to be the case, our boys kicked their azsez and it wasn’t even close. The WTF football team is supposed to have a really good defense, our O line needs to get its act together, they have one week to fix their Pass pro, and still work well enough in the run game to get our RBs some TDs, I have faith that all these concerns have already been addressed by our coaches, here’s to moving on to a 2-1 record!!! 

Go Bills!!!

48 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I have never been sold on Allen so his poor performance hasn't been a surprise for me.

I'm surprised that I was the ONLY Bills fans that had concerns about him before he signed his extension. 

Maybe right Josh Rosen is available? Should we trade Allen and a couple 1st round picks for Rosen. What do ya think? 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Defense looks way better than last years.   

I think we will be okay. 

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How close ?    35-10 ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 games againt 2 of the best defenses in the league (debatable but whatever). I'm not worried. 2 games is an incredibly small sample size to say that Allen isn't playing up to his contract, lol. If he plays well against Washington everyone will already forget about these 2 weeks. We'll be fine

Also this is exactly what everyone was begging for the last 2 years...being able to win a game by running the ball and having other people step up when Allen isn't having his best game. Thank god, 3 running touchdowns. Josh doesn't need to be a superstar every week for us to win. And when he does....watch out

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It feels unsettling because not a single player on offense is playing at or above expectations through 2 games.  Except maybe Knox, whose expectations were minimal.  

That's the best part...they were mostly in control of the Pittsburgh game until the end and they were in full control of this game. Still haven't allowed a point in the first half all year.

They will figure it out and when they do watch out.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This team will go as far as Josh Allen can take it.  When he came in for those couple of series in the last preseason game it looked like he would start the season without any rust to knock off.

I'm as big of a Bills' homer as any here, but it's hard to ignore that Josh just isn't playing very well right now.  Admittedly, he set the bar pretty high last season and if he were to have a little bit of regression this year I wouldn't be too upset.  After all, he had an MVP level season last year.  At this point though he has regressed more than a little bit.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  The entire offense is just out of sync right now.  From Daboll to the O-Line to Josh and his WRs, it's just not clicking yet.  Things won't get any easier next week.  That Washington defense is tough and they can get after the QB. 

If Josh and the offense can find their rhythm and keep the defense playing at this level, the Bills are going to be very formidable.  Let's hope things start to click for the offense soon.  It's really strange to watch the Bills win 35-0 and feel unsettled about it.

No.

52nrlOc.gif

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Despite all the handwringing, and I get it, he needs to play more consistently, Allen still made throws prolly 95% of the other QB’s in the league can’t make on their best days. The TD to Diggs where first of all he should’ve been sacked but sidestepped like a boss with no panic, and then flitted to the sidelines where he showed patience the likes of which would put a Venus fly trap to shame…before uncorking a ridiculous opposite field pass to Diggs…just, wow. 

• Like (+1) 1