It's strange to feel unsettled after a 35-0 division road win

Inigo Montoya

This team will go as far as Josh Allen can take it.  When he came in for those couple of series in the last preseason game it looked like he would start the season without any rust to knock off.

I'm as big of a Bills' homer as any here, but it's hard to ignore that Josh just isn't playing very well right now.  Admittedly, he set the bar pretty high last season and if he were to have a little bit of regression this year I wouldn't be too upset.  After all, he had an MVP level season last year.  At this point though he has regressed more than a little bit.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  The entire offense is just out of sync right now.  From Daboll to the O-Line to Josh and his WRs, it's just not clicking yet.  Things won't get any easier next week.  That Washington defense is tough and they can get after the QB. 

If Josh and the offense can find their rhythm and keep the defense playing at this level, the Bills are going to be very formidable.  Let's hope things start to click for the offense soon.  It's really strange to watch the Bills win 35-0 and feel unsettled about it.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to It's strange to feel unsettled after a 35-0 division road win

I keep trying to feel good about completely manhandling Miami, but I agree with you. If this were a better team we played, we may have squeaked out a win at best. This O line better get it's act together just as fast as Allen with WFT coming to town. I'm none too threatened by Heinicke, but this O line needs to come to play as well as Allen getting his mojo back. If we had this defense last year, we'd probably have our first lombardi

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This team will go as far as Josh Allen can take it.  When he came in for those couple of series in the last preseason game it looked like he would start the season without any rust to knock off.

I'm as big of a Bills' homer as any here, but it's hard to ignore that Josh just isn't playing very well right now.  Admittedly, he set the bar pretty high last season and if he were to have a little bit of regression this year I wouldn't be too upset.  After all, he had an MVP level season last year.  At this point though he has regressed more than a little bit.

I'm not sure what the issue is.  The entire offense is just out of sync right now.  From Daboll to the O-Line to Josh and his WRs, it's just not clicking yet.  Things won't get any easier next week.  That Washington defense is tough and they can get after the QB. 

If Josh and the offense can find their rhythm and keep the defense playing at this level, the Bills are going to be very formidable.  Let's hope things start to click for the offense soon.  It's really strange to watch the Bills win 35-0 and feel unsettled about it.

Miami is not an elite team and our offence (Allen) did not have their best game.  We need to get better on offence if we expect to beat the elite teams in this league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just responding to ur first sentence,  I think this teams D will be dominant. 

A dominant D can also carry a team. Allen looked rough at times today for sure. But even with a bit of an off gm we routed them on the road. We'll see. I feel fine, confident. Just gotta work out some kinks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Look at it this way we just blew out a division rival literally not letting them score a point and scoring 35 points ourselves without our franchise player not doing that great

What’s more likely that Josh isn’t good this year or that Josh is going to round out into form you tell me

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm not sure what the issue is.  The entire offense is just out of sync right now.  From Daboll to the O-Line to Josh and his WRs, it's just not clicking yet.  Let's hope that they find that grove next week.  That Washington defense is tough and they can get after the QB. 

I am not sure what it is, but “out of sync” is the right phrase. I think it is probably a combination of a few new players, some new scheme stuff, problems on the O line (at least against Pittsburgh), and Josh just not playing quite well.

For me, the number 1 issue is I just don’t think the coaches are in the right groove— like they are trying to figure out their identity.  They totally botched the game plan against Pittsburgh. And I am not sure about the passing schemes they had going out there today— should have been a heavy dose of Knox And Beasley with their weak LB’s, not E. Sanders.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It feels unsettling because not a single player on offense is playing at or above expectations through 2 games.  Except maybe Knox, whose expectations were minimal.  

Singletary is exceeding my expectations 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Just responding to ur first sentence,  I think this teams D will be dominant. 

A dominant D can also carry a team. Allen looked rough at times today for sure. But even with a bit of an off gm we routed them on the road. We'll see. I feel fine, confident. Just gotta work out some kinks. 

Fair point J.B.

We just put 35 offensive points up on a good defense and played mediocre on offense. What you guys are feeling is the pressure of increased expectations. This team can win and win BIG without Josh Allen playing his best and that’s a good thing. I have no doubt Josh and the O will round into form. We took a lot of teams by surprise last year and now they are game planning specifically for what we want to do. I have confidence that Josh and the O will adjust and hopefully we will have a more balanced O so Josh doesn’t have to be exceptional every game and can lean on our running game and D. I’d absolutely like to see the O more in sync and I think as the season progresses we will get there. Enjoy the W! 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It feels unsettling because not a single player on offense is playing at or above expectations through 2 games.  Except maybe Knox, whose expectations were minimal.  

It's kinda ironic that the 2 players most fans (including myself) had issues with last year are playing very well. Devin & Dawson are balling, where others are struggling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

and he has 2 TDs in 2 games !