9/12/01 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills 2nd Half Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, B-Large said:

but we won’t- this was always gonna be a tough contest, and could go either way.  We have to clean it up, our drops and bonehead 4th down calls were junk.

dust off, move on.

I really don't get why everyone was sleeping on the steelers...they had one bad half of football in the playoffs and everyone forgot about them 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is definitely on the offense.  They kept the reasonably talented Steelers to 23 points so far with 2 minutes left (and Big Ben is generally stronger earlier in the season).  That's solid.  Allen has looked very rough, sadly, and that's a concern.  He's slower than last year in his decisions.

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

They ran the ball on the last drive because PIT was defending the pass. They were defending the pass because running the ball, even as effective as it was, takes up too much time and effectively ends the game.

We should have been passing no matter what is what i'm saying 

I disagree, simply because of the amount of yards Singletary got. Hindsight is 20/20, but Singletary gained enough yards on those run plays that they were essentially pass plays. So, no harm no foul same amount of time comes off the clock as if those were caught passes. 

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I did not like how the first team offense and defense had little game action in the preseason.  This team did not look ready at all.

Cmon man. Do you think 10 more snaps of vanilla play calls wpuld have made any difference. 

They got outcoached. Plain and simple. McD is the biggest question mark on this team. 

This could turn into a Tampa Bay situation where they need to get rid of the coach to get them a title.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Large said:

but we won’t- this was always gonna be a tough contest, and could go either way.  We have to clean it up, our drops and bonehead 4th down calls were junk.

dust off, move on.

I really don't get why everyone was sleeping on the steelers...they had one bad half of football in the playoffs and everyone forgot about them 

dust off, move on.

dust off, move on.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Need to learn to handle high expectations.  Every game is gonna be tough this season bc opposing teams know they have to play their best.  Young QB and young coaches need to get their mental right.

Shame they spent the offseason reading their press clippings and arguing on twitter instead of getting together and building chemistry like they did last year. 

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Not trying to troll you guys....but your O line needs to get alot better.  

We already know the defense has soft spots, but we live and die with our offense. Elite offensive teams all have better O line play. People are so enamored with the personalities of our O line guys, they won’t admit how average they are.