9/12/01 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills 2nd Half Thread

Chandler#81

So i think first and goal series that is the worst play calling series of the game. You are simply not going to run it in from the 10. The qb draw was a two-yard max play, and second and 8 can’t be a run. It’s gotta be 2 throws to the EZ at that point. Waiting to third down to pass it and then THAT pass … oh my.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, mjd1001 said:

You can pick on the play calling, but usually a play is a 'bad call' simply when it doesn't work.  The problem today is the OL.  With very few exceptions, they aren't blocking 4 rushers good enough on passing plays, and have created holes in the running game not often enough(especially on QB draws). These OL just are overmatched one-on-one against too many good D-units.

I disagree with this. There were plenty of open receivers that were flat out missed. 

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

You can pick on the play calling, but usually a play is a 'bad call' simply when it doesn't work.  The problem today is the OL.  With very few exceptions, they aren't blocking 4 rushers good enough on passing plays, and have created holes in the running game not often enough(especially on QB draws). These OL just are overmatched one-on-one against too many good D-units.

4th and 1 throw the ball 5 yards backwards.

4th and 1 punt

4th and 3 punt

4th and 8 go for it

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3