Per Nick Wright: Bills will be a fringe contender.

Leonitas

2 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Nick Wright is doing what guys in his position have to do to survive I suppose.  As annoying as he is, I do get a little sense of "wink, wink", that he knows he's being ridiculous.  

I get it. Really.

I still wanna punch him in the mouth.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s playing a role. Hopefully everyone keeps it fun. Wright is nothing like Travis. He doesn’t get personal. It’s just fun trolling from wright. 

I don’t know where fun trolling just becomes dumb. It’s like a comedian who runs out of funny material. I realize that sports radio thrives off people who don’t really understand sports, but it’s getting to the point where anyone can see that Allen is good. Wright’s bit becomes more unreasonable as Allen continues to thrive. At some point he needs a new role. It doesn’t even upset me, it’s just plain dumb. If you want to do overrated QB hot takes, go pick on someone like Stafford who hasn’t even won a playoff game. Wright digging on this is unlistenable, even if I weren’t a Bills fan. You need to maintain some credibility, and saying that Allen is trash at this point doesn’t give a guy credibility. 

3 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Nick Wright is just playing his part. However, I enjoy not liking this guy. I'm sure he is fine as a human but his persona is very similar to Jim Rome and Clay Travis. I'm sure KC fans love him though. 

Weird comparison. Rome and Travis are more logic based guys, I've never had a problem with either, though Rome bores me and Travis was too political...I'd compare him more to a Skip Bayless, Woody Paige or Steven A, frankly more like Brother Love or Jimmy Hart....a character ...a heel....muckraker.

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

Nick Wright is doing what guys in his position have to do to survive I suppose.  As annoying as he is, I do get a little sense of "wink, wink", that he knows he's being ridiculous.  

Not sure to "survive" but to make his mark he's gone this route.  I guess everyone needs to get "put over" somehow. 

Will never respect the guy though. Nor do I respect FS1 for giving him a forum.

Edited by RichRiderBills

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys, do the world a favor and don’t post another click on his reaction today.  Screw Nick Wrong and if you guys didn’t keep posting his idiotic takes, I wouldn’t even know who he is.  Finally figured out last week he’s on Fox Sports.

Ill take my Adam Schein, Kyle Brandt (he should be a riot this morning), and even Cowherd.  Get ready for a marathon Bills hot take from every maroon on the planet.

For me, I’m permagrin, and don’t care I’ve slept about 15 minutes, and of course, it’s we’re onto Nashville.  How concerned are they right now?  God I hope we destroy them, and King Henry is kept to 80 yards.

Agreed.

BTW, I have no idea why since last year I’ve tried to peg him with the name "Often Wrong Wright" and it has never stuck anywhere or anyplace, not even here.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

The guy is pathetic, plain and simple. The ONLY reason he’s on the map right now is because he is a Bills hater. Wouldn’t be shocked if half his followers are Bills fans. He is making a living getting Bills fans all riled up because he can’t hack it as a real analyst. He’s a personality and that’s all.

And he’s annoying.

And his nose looks like a d!ck.

Nick Wright has found a way to  draw attention to himself. The way he set it up the more Allen accomplishes the more he gets to bellyache. After the Bills win the championship there will be the ultimate Nick event. He knows that many people, especially Bills fans, will dump all over him but his humiliation is part of his speil. Its just the WWF, certainly not analysis.

And as good as his boy PM is , I suspect the top billing going forward, and for some time in the future, is more likely to be Allen vs Herbert. Monster QBs. Bigger is better.

Edited by starrymessenger

Nick Wright is playing on the old Howard Stern effect.  Back in his glory days, they said people who loved Howard listened one hour a day and the people who hated him listened for four hours a day.

Except nobody loves or even likes Nick Wright and the people who hate him (i.e., Bills Mafia) drive all his traffic.  He found an easily excitable bunch and hes milking it for clicks.  Its no different than Skip Bayless with his TO/Tebow/Johnny Football takes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.