Hollister signing with Jags

SC BIlls Fan

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He’ll probably have a fairly productive year and should move right into a starting role. IMO keeping Hollister over Sweeney is going to hurt the team.  Fans will say “we should’ve kept Hollister” and they’ll be right 

I don't think the Jaguars had the opportunity to keep Sweeney so can't really blame them for not doing it. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd guess that a healthy Sweeney and Hollister are relatively interchangeable, but Sweeney has more upside and potential.  Both are 2nd/3rd TEs with decent hands.  Not sure of the blocking ability of either.  Hollister has been around the league a couple of years, so his ceiling is known, whereas Sweeney has played so little that his ceiling is not yet known.  Sweeney is a Bills draft pick who they have invested in and developed, so that also gives him the edge if having to choose between the two.

As I say all of this, I'm a fan of Hollister and thought for sure he'd be on the opening day roster.   If we could have brought him back to the Practice Squad, I would have liked to see it, but he got the chance to sign on someone's 53, so all we can do is wish him well, except in November when the Bills play the Jags.  They made a decision to use the roster spot on WR and DL and I can live with it.  They still have Gilliam, who can play some TE3 if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Good for him.  He's a couple notches better than most of the guys who bounce around the league.  Honestly I would have preferred to keep him instead of Sweeney.

For shame, Doc. You open yourself to revenge of the Timmy Sweeney and I wouldn't wish that on anybody for the world...

When we drafted him I read this long review provided by Steeler country that rated him a third round pick and said he'd be a #2 TE in this league for ten years.

We'll have to watch him closely when he gets his chance to get in there. Can he block well? Can he run routes well, get open and catch it?

I don't think he is a deep threat at all.... So, I look to him to block well. We'll see....

Aaaaand The Legend of Jacob Hollister continues. We didn't release George Kittle, or Travis Kelce, or Rob Gronkowski, or Mark Andrews. No, we released Jacob Hollister and it's going to wreck our season. :rolleyes:

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1