Cam Newton Released

gonzo1105

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

So you lose one argument and wanna talk about something as irrelevant as coaching trees? I dare say the fact his tree is so sparse tells you his success is mostly because of him.  Also Walsh looked worse, HOF QB and he didn’t win a SB with him tsk tsk.. tells you a lot about Shula too. 

I'm not sure if a Bills board is a good spot for a Pats fan to get into "BB is the best EVAH" and "Mac Jones is the next Brady!" kinds of debates.  

Don't they talk about that stuff on Pats boards?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

A rookie who is use to high pressure situations. Alabama sets you up well for that. The one weakness I’ve seen on him is how upset he gets when guys drop balls (well consistently one drive he literally threw his hands up after the 3rd drop) he can’t let that get to him.

Yeah, I mean I just don't see much to him, Just end up your average Joe to me. Obviously I could be wrong.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So let’s do this. Under 9.5 wins for Belichick and the Pats for as much as you want.

See I have them in that range for wins 10-12… 9 can definitely happen. I also don’t bet money.. lol I have kids I am always broke. Lol

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm not sure if a Bills board is a good spot for a Pats fan to get into "BB is the best EVAH" and "Mac Jones is the next Brady!" kinds of debates.  

Don't they talk about that stuff on Pats boards?

I don’t know how we went down this rabbit hole. Lol  I never said Jones is the next Brady. There will never be another Brady. 

I originally said to start this was BB and Brady needed eachother to be who they are.. the. This happened.

as for Jones, I expect him to be ok, he will make rookie mistakes but he will learn and grow. Heck all I have said is I can see the Pats being a playoff team based off their D and schedule. I have also said the Bills are SB contenders as long as Diggs and Allen stay healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah, I mean I just don't see much to him, Just end up your average Joe to me. Obviously I could be wrong.

Even if your right an average Joe last year gets the Pats to the playoffs.. Average.. not spectacular average.. and that team had little talent.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Thing is, he is absolutely right though. Although I would say BB is better than your average HC. In regards to the bold here, I disagree. I'd say it's more like without Bledsoe getting "boom shaka locka-ed" giving Brady a chance. If that would not have happened, I think Brady would have still done great, but would have been years later.

And you would be wrong. The beginning of that season BB was already thinking about switching QBs. And he is not right, he(BB) spent 20 years with one QB which he helped developed like what was he supposed to do? Get rid of him so he can prove to a small majority he is more than a coach who coached Tom Brady.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very interesting, this tells me Belichik is up to something...Deshawn Watson trade imminent? Jimmy G reunion?

No way he's putting all his eggs in Mac Jones basket.

Well, isn't it just like Belichik to seek out and bring in the cream of the crop, in terms of high-character guys. You know Watson is packing his bags, and heading to Beantown...

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

See I have them in that range for wins 10-12… 9 can definitely happen. I also don’t bet money.. lol I have kids I am always broke. Lol

I don’t know how we went down this rabbit hole. Lol  I never said Jones is the next Brady. There will never be another Brady. 

I originally said to start this was BB and Brady needed eachother to be who they are.. the. This happened.

as for Jones, I expect him to be ok, he will make rookie mistakes but he will learn and grow. Heck all I have said is I can see the Pats being a playoff team based off their D and schedule. I have also said the Bills are SB contenders as long as Diggs and Allen stay healthy. 

Even if your right an average Joe last year gets the Pats to the playoffs.. Average.. not spectacular average.. and that team had little talent.

Now you’re just being a bore. Give it rest.

4 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

On his Instagram, Cam has asked his followers not to feel sorry for him.

Can we mock him?

• Haha (+1) 1

Not afraid of another Alabama QB coming into the NFL. The last Alabama QB to ever win a playoff game was Richard Todd for the 1983 Jets. The only Bama QB since, to play in a playoff game, was AJ McCarron five years ago, and that was because of an injury. Alabama QBs are the most overrated athletes in the world. It's hard for them to transition to the NFL after playing behind the best OL's by far, always have the best group of WR's and RB's in all of college football. Mac Jones is no different, I don't care who is coaching him. He's not in "Bama" anymore. Good luck rook, you're gonna need it. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to 98.5 The Sports Hub today. Sounds like the Patriots found their new Tom Brady. Already making playoff plans.

Same here...No kidding....Pats nation was not even trying to hide their boners!

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cam was a mess.  Had to let him go.  Hen wouldn't have sat quietly as a backup.

Agree, that’s why I don’t get these “cold blooded Belichick” takes. BB has shown no heart in the past, but cutting Cam is a little different. I think the bridge is burned when you demote Cam to backup. It seems like the right decision for the team. This isn’t Belichick trying to send a message. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1