Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This is the way debates happen on here, all too often, unfortunately. People argue in support of a certain player, and then some folks start with this straw-man garbage. Does nothing for the debate, and only misrepresents other's opinions on the matter. If that's how you debate a subject, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

I don't care either way on jones.  There need to be dedicated ST players though - thats not a debate. 

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This is the way debates happen on here, all too often, unfortunately. People argue in support of a certain player, and then some folks start with this straw-man garbage. Does nothing for the debate, and only misrepresents other's opinions on the matter. If that's how you debate a subject, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

You and this straw man comment.  You just said that to me on another post, yet I have presented a plethora of thought and reason as to why I thought he wasn't a lock for the roster.  So, no disrespect...running around posting "straw-man" comments is literally just you doing that, not the other way around.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I am most interested in the future of following people (despite recent dialogue)

Stevenson - We havent kept 7 WRs before, but I would like to see us do it this year as I am intrigued about this guy and like to see him make the team.

Wildgoose - I have a sneaky feeling about him being someone who could make the final roster and like his potential.  Mostly, McD has always done well at developing DB's too, so would like to see the kid stick.

I think Stevenson is definitely going to be here. We don't usually cut our 5th Draft Pick, his speed and return ability is something that we needed going into the Offseason, we need WR's for after this season (Sanders, McKenzie, Kumerow are all FA's and Cole could be a cap casualty) and he's flashed his ability quite a bit this preseason. And with a number of unvaccinated WR's that could be put on the list any given week - I think it's necessary to keep at least an extra guy there. I don't think we can risk him clearing waivers.

Wildgoose I think will be released. Dane Jackson will take over Josh Norman's roster spot and Damar Hamlin will take over Dean Marlowe's. I don't see us changing anything else or keeping an extra guy.

• Agree 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

Taiwan Jones is very popular here today, he would be thrilled

What's driving this is a VERY vocal, frequently posting minority that want him gone and a number of people who see it unlikely based on comments from the decision makers, actions in sitting him all preseason, and already losing a number of key contributors on that side of the ball. And when those things are brought up, they don't want to hear it and argue back. And around and around we go 😆

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wildgoose I think will be released. Dane Jackson will take over Josh Norman's roster spot and Damar Hamlin will take over Dean Marlowe's. I don't see us changing anything else or keeping an extra guy.

Doesn't Wildgoose take Cam Lewis' roster spot then? Or was Cam not rostered most of the year? My memory is hazy on this. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You and this straw man comment.  You just said that to me on another post, yet I have presented a plethora of thought and reason as to why I thought he wasn't a lock for the roster.  So, no disrespect...running around posting "straw-man" comments is literally just you doing that, not the other way around.  

The straw man argument is claiming that I, or others are claiming that Jones os a "gunner God," or that "he has to be on at all costs." The straw man argument I pointed that you made, "Again, does not mean there isn’t someone else capable of good gunner play.  That’s the point.  Some of you have made this decision ONLY Taiwan is capable of it," is something that literally no one is suggesting.

That is the definition of a straw-man argument. You were arguing a point that no one was making, as if they were. 

And I mean no disrespect either. I generally love your posts, and respect your opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The legend of Taiwan Jones, Gunner God, is reaching epic proportions now!

I’ll never forget that collision with a Charger player 2,years ago lost his helmet bleeding profusely and The crowd chanting a&&h&&& at the guy for blatant cheap shot at Taiwan

Edited by Muppy

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If he makes the team, Taiwan Jones jerseys are going to fly off the shelves. Such a god tier gunner that he’s irreplaceable. 

Maybe they are just keeping him for Juju purposes? The last game he played against us, we all remember how that went. One reception in OT with a run after the catch which put them in FG range to win it. 

So how soon can players that make the 53 be designated to IR? Do they have to wait for the start of the season or as long as they are part of the 53 they can go and we can start resigning players (assuming they don't have to clear waivers)?