Two areas in downtown were strongly considered for new stadium

3 minutes ago, Patience said:

The FBI is investigating Mafia involvement in local labor unions?  You have anything to back that up?  

Because if you re-read, that is the only part of your initial post that I addressed.  I have no comment on anything else you posted.  

No the FBI has been in Buffalo investigating the mafia 

The labor union thing was PAST tense ... I  meant to say HAD their hands , not has their hands ... 

Former's obviously past tense

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

No the FBI has been in Buffalo investigating the mafia 

The labor union thing was PAST tense ... I  meant to say HAD their hands , not has their hands ... 

Former's obviously past tense

Yes, I'm very aware of the difference - but, as I know you're aware, I responded to your post before you edited it after I called it out.  Don't forget to edit your other post where it says "Mafia controlled businesses." 

And you only corrected it because I called you out on how wrong it is.  You also know it wasn't a joke or sarcasm.  But I don't need to tell you that.  

7 minutes ago, Patience said:

Yes, I'm very aware of the difference - but, as I know you're aware, I responded to your post before you edited it after I called it out.  Don't forget to edit your other post where it says "Mafia controlled businesses." 

And you only corrected it because I called you out on how wrong it is.  You also know it wasn't a joke or sarcasm.  But I don't need to tell you that.  

Dude it was a joke because of the history of the mafia in the city.. the bills Mafia moniker ... Most people don't realize the mafia's in Buffalo

I was being serious about the mafia... But was joking about its power

Everything I was talking about was supposed to be in past tense.. I know it's not in it's heyday 

And I know it's not running labor unions and such... 

But It's not a lie that the FBI is here investigating it... I edited my post because I'm talking to my phone and I said had and it says has... 

Again sarcasm through the internet doesn't come out clean... If you heard me say mafia control businesses with a laugh maybe you get it

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude it was a joke because of the history of the mafia in the city.. the bills Mafia moniker ... Most people don't realize the mafia's in Buffalo

I was being serious about the mafia... But was joking about its power

Everything I was talking about was supposed to be in past tense.. I know it's not in it's heyday 

And I know it's not running labor unions and such... 

But It's not a lie that the FBI is here investigating it... I edited my post because I'm talking to my phone and I said had and it says has... 

Again sarcasm through the internet doesn't come out clean... If you heard me say mafia control businesses with a laugh maybe you get it

My last post in this thread's discussion: 

Perhaps I'm just out of touch, but the idea of Mafia-controlled businesses typically isn't great fodder for humor.  I find it even less funny when (prior to your editing) baseless criminal allegations of Mafia labor involvement are asserted against folks I've known my entire life.  

I'm done.  There's no need to respond to me.  But, from other threads, it seems like you have a compulsion to have the last word in a discussion, so go ahead and have at it.  

1 minute ago, Patience said:

My last post in this thread's discussion: 

Perhaps I'm just out of touch, but the idea of Mafia-controlled businesses typically isn't great fodder for humor.  I find it even less funny when (prior to your editing) baseless criminal allegations of Mafia labor involvement are asserted against folks I've known my entire life.  

I'm done.  There's no need to respond to me.  But, from other threads, it seems like you have a compulsion to have the last word in a discussion, so go ahead and have at it.  

Have a good day bro  

It's called tongue and cheek

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually, it's not.

Maybe you are telling the truth about your phone mistranslating :lol:

What is it called when you're not actually being serious but conveying yourself as such? 

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually, it's not.

Maybe you are telling the truth about your phone mistranslating :lol:

Oh I am an ass and you are right

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, BTB said:

“Patience” with a TKO in the 1st round.  It was a brutal beatdown. 😂

I mean it's a message board bro 

He didn't TKO anybody.. it really was tongue in cheek 

Unless of course you want to talk about my bad grammar..which I speak into my phone... well TKO me for that all you want 

Then I got knocked out 

But there is a mafia in Buffalo that the FBI is investigating

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

1. There's nothing wrong with Bills Stadium.

2. If we must fork over a mountain of taxpayer cash to build a new stadium, why not build it near the falls?

Yeah, can someone please explain how the Superdome in New Orleans has a Super Bowl in 2025 ? I know they’ve made some updates, but shouldn’t that be considered far too out of date to host the big game ? Did they ever fix the situation that led to a power outage in that Ravens/49ers Super Bowl ? I’m not understanding how the NFL pushes this stuff, yet that dump hosts Super Bowls. 

7 hours ago, Supe said:

I’m old enough to remember charcoal grills inside the Rockpile. 

I remember grilling (and the adults partying) in the private driveways/yards where we would park.  

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I really don't get this argument, about the lack of tailgating or the gameday experience. its not like there couldn't be ANY parking.  Lets say a downtown stadium had 60% less parking lot areas.  That is still a LOT of parking.  Would you be able to tailgate in one lot..then walk 1/3 of the way around the stadium and tailgate with friends in a different lot?  and then walk another 1/3 around the stadium and tailgate with even different friends in ANOTHER 3rd huge lot?  No.  But if the new Downtown stadium had 2 or 3 major parking lots instead of 5 or 6 like in Orchard park....how does that make the 'tailgating' experience for any individual group worse?

I haven't been to a game in years at the stadium, so I'm asking as an honest question.....if a downtown stadium was built and had less than half the parking but DID still have 1 or 2 large parking lots...how would that make tailgating worse?  I just want to know from people who don't like the downtown idea.

Since you seem sincere, I'll try. There is a crapload of land in OP surrounding the stadium. Including other lots besides the stadium lots, there are way more spots than are needed for cars.  So a decent part of these lots is NOT dedicated to parking, but shares the space with tailgaters. I can't imagine, with GREATLY reduced parking, the  lot owners downtown would be happy to give up a decent portion of paid spots for people to drink and party. It's the particular situation the Bills fans have at OP that allows this to happen at the level it currently exists.  In fact, some of the support for a downtown stadium was to reduce or eliminate the kind of tailgating Bills fans currently enjoy.  Hope that helps

Edited by The Dean

On 8/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I've mentioned this many times before. I'm a practicing Architect and I work on large public facilities. In the hands of a talented Design Team either location can bring the amenities you seek.  The goal of a custom design is to play up the strengths of the location, traditions, etc.  Would a downtown Buffalo location be a different game day experience than out in Orchard Park?  Of course it would.  But imagine if it became the nation's largest street fair eight or nine times a year!  How cool would that be? (That being said....the downtown site would almost certainly be far more expensive then building a new stadium next to "Rich" Stadium.)

You can get a giant street fest atmosphere without building a football stadium by doing what they did in Milwaukee along their waterfront. They have a giant Summerfest grounds that hugs the water that actually goes next to something similar to that ugly skyway. Milwaukee is actually larger than Buffalo. Keep the stadium in OP. 

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

You can get a giant street fest atmosphere without building a football stadium by doing what they did in Milwaukee along their waterfront. They have a giant Summerfest grounds that hugs the water that actually goes next to something similar to that ugly skyway. Milwaukee is actually larger than Buffalo. Keep the stadium in OP. 

I took SoCal's comment to suggest that  is one way the Bills could do it downtown. A replacement, of sorts, to the current tailgating situation. A creative solution to the issue.

I don't think he was suggesting it was necessary to put the stadium downtown in order to have that.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t see it. People from WNY (I’m one of em) are kinda set in their ways and reluctant to major changes. 

That’s been part of what’s held WNY back for decades too.  Change is life; and life will go on, and in good ways,  even if differently than some might be used to.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, The Dean said:

I took SoCal's comment to suggest that  is one way the Bills could do it downtown. A replacement, of sorts, to the current tailgating situation. A creative solution to the issue.

I don't think he was suggesting it was necessary to put the stadium downtown in order to have that.

Bingo!

Parking and transportation are the driving factors in keeping the stadium in OP. No one wants to fight for parking and walk for blocks ( not to mention handicapped parking) it’s already quite a hike from the Ecc lots into the stadium . While it would be nice to have a nice cozy enclosed stadium Buffalo has to be careful not to price their fans out of the market . With an aging fan base Buffalo has to pay attention to the handicapped fan experience too.

4 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Parking and transportation are the driving factors in keeping the stadium in OP. No one wants to fight for parking and walk for blocks ( not to mention handicapped parking) it’s already quite a hike from the Ecc lots into the stadium . While it would be nice to have a nice cozy enclosed stadium Buffalo has to be careful not to price their fans out of the market . With an aging fan base Buffalo has to pay attention to the handicapped fan experience too.

The ADA Codes require disabled parking in close proximity to the venue. That’s not going to be an issue. It’s the law.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

Cost prohibitive downtown? No way! I read on hear all they would have to do is tear down the skyway and build a bunch of roads and stuff. Easy peasy! 

I believe the Skyway is going no matter what.

• Agree 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, SoCal Deek said:

So if I have you right you want to hire an architect that’ll prepare mundane plans with no creativity or inspiration?. I’ll need to write that down. I’ve been doing this all wrong for the past FORTY YEARS. 😉

No you have me wrong but go write it down if you want.  

On 8/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, purple haze said:

That’s been part of what’s held WNY back for decades too.  Change is life; and life will go on, and in good ways,  even if differently than some might be used to.

The problem with WNY/Buffalo is a lack of Fortune 500(s) anchored downtown.

If that happened, everything would change fairly automatically.  

I always thought the conway park and surrounding area would be a good spot.  You'd need to destroy all of the perry projects and buy up a ton of stuff east of the park to create parking.  You'd also need to figure out a way to get overflow people probably from the outer harbor and riverworks areas.  So while it'd be cool, its expensive to even begin.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I always thought the conway park and surrounding area would be a good spot.  You'd need to destroy all of the perry projects and buy up a ton of stuff east of the park to create parking.  You'd also need to figure out a way to get overflow people probably from the outer harbor and riverworks areas.  So while it'd be cool, its expensive to even begin.  

IF there was a location downtown that is the place to do it.  Add 500 yards from where the Metro Rail turns by Michigan and have the turn

around right at the stadium.  A pedestrian bridge over the river opens up Riverworks which would be only a couple of hundred yards away.

13 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The problem with WNY/Buffalo is a lack of Fortune 500(s) anchored downtown.

If that happened, everything would change fairly automatically.  

Is Buff continuously pursuing those companies to HQ or plant a flag in the area?  I don’t know.   Part of being attractive  is the area having its stuff together, in general.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:54 PM, Greatdane21 said:

Who you calling old ??