Wow...NFL attempting to make vaccines mandatory for NFL players now...NFLPA not with it

Big Turk

As some of the regulars say, 3, 2, 1, and it’s closed.

All I care about is we play this year with our studs.

Even though for entry in Hospitals, Surgery Centers and my company, there is no option of no if you want entry (if not you’re basically fired), I think these two groups of the league and pa will figure it out.

My guess is they increase vacc testing to once a week as suggested and keep the other protocols the same.

From a football perspective if they tested all staff, coaches, and players once a week on Monday, that provides time to get them back by the following Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

This should go well! 

I mean it's NFL news, it's pertinent to the Bills, if they don't want to allow this topic on here then I really need to start thinking about finding a new message board to get away from the overzealousness.

Getting way way over moderated here on some things.

Whether they want this to be news or not, it clearly is considering it is in major news outlets now, including a number of major papers.

Also Bills appear to be way behind the curve as NFL says 93% of it's players are fully vaxxed

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The league has already mandated that coaches and front office staff be fully vaccinated, it's no surprise that they'd have the same expectation of players. 

As a requirement to employment, entry to private establishments, and as a condition for decreased healthcare premiums, this is happening all over America. We are becoming a vaccinated society, and those who choose to forego the vaccine will be at a significant disadvantage. 

Edited by TEC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean it's NFL news, it's pertinent to the Bills, if they don't want to allow this topic on here then I really need to start thinking about finding a new message board to get away from the overzealousness.

Getting way way over moderated here on some things.

Whether they want this to be news or not, it clearly is considering it is in major news outlets now, including a number of major papers.

Also Bills appear to be way behind the curve as NFL says 93% of it's players are fully vaxxed

The issue is not the topic. The issue is, as we have already seen with multiple posts, people leaping to general COVID and political discussion, people fighting, people insulting players and one another, etc.

If you want this to become a political forum, good for you. But I certainly don't.1q

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

They mandating the booster every six months under that proposal?

That would end up being a two part effort or this simply wouldn’t make any sense given the data we’re seeing with variants:

Force the unvaxxed to get vaxxed 

and

Force boosters on the vaxxed

That’s a lot of heavy lifting…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

They should have done this from the start, along with the Federal Government, both entities have the legal capacity to do so, one being a private business, the other has the supreme court’s blessing from a long time ago,  so now various entities in our society are requiring vaccinations to be employed, and that will only increase, one way or another it’s going to happen. 

Don, I’m normally with you and you know that one.  It’s just recently one is fully approved.  We’ll see what happens.  The other vacc mandated to let you’re kids get into every public and private school in America are well studied.  

Heck the first small pox vacc was in the late 1700’s.  Anyway, I’m hopeful keeping to football that some of the 20% or so meaning once at 53, the 10 people maybe half of them change their mind.

I hate to say this but the peer leaders need to be overt in their comments.  That basically means no matter how much I love Allen, he needs to come out and say guys I respect you’re decision, but guys Om vacc. And I hope all of you do the same.  We’re

playing for a SB.

Yesterday on one of the radio outlets made the remark KC has been very overt on this matter.  I don’t think Bease or Poyer should be singled out as they’ve already been so outward (Poyer wife), but quietly no media just tell the Indic. To get it done.

I just want our best players out there.  Not a epidemiologic comment.  That’s for the COVID board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

You really shouldn't post a data set from a study without a link to the study itself. That way other folks can check on the quality of the survey. If I ask 10 people a question, I can generate a data set. However, population would likely be too small to be seen as a fair and objective study. DId I pick the 10 people? If I did, I could have skewed the data to get the output I wanted.

A link to the study would allow readers to make these types of checks.

i agree, and wish poster had got a chance to update his post before being deleted

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

They should have done this from the start, along with the Federal Government, both entities have the legal capacity to do so, one being a private business, the other has the supreme court’s blessing from a long time ago,  so now various entities in our society are requiring vaccinations to be employed, and that will only increase, one way or another it’s going to happen. 

Ummmm no

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i see atleast 1 reasonable thought out post backed by a study, deleted..... anyone wanna take a guess at which way the narrative of deleted post went 🙄

Was it a study? Or just a meme? So hard to tell these days....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Daily testing would be a more effective tool to protecting the season. If anyone wonders if the NFL's policies are based entirely on perception, this hollow attempt should verify this. Assuming this passes (which it won't), according to current regs, you would have everyone walking around with no social distancing inside without masks, getting tested bi-weekly and being allowed to interact with people outside of the team "bubble." With this situation you could have a single breakthrough case walking around spreading the virus for 2 weeks and no one would be the wiser. Again, my issue with these policies is that they are based on perception, not prevention. Truly preventative policies in this situation are inconvenient. The Bucs went beyond the league's policies and banned players from leaving their hotel on road trips because it's obvious that the NFL only wants cover from blame and not to actually protect players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don, I’m normally with you and you know that one.  It’s just recently one is fully approved.  We’ll see what happens.  The other vacc mandated to let you’re kids get into every public and private school in America are well studied.  

Heck the first small pox vacc was in the late 1700’s.  Anyway, I’m hopeful keeping to football that some of the 20% or so meaning once at 53, the 10 people maybe half of them change their mind.

I hate to say this but the peer leaders need to be overt in their comments.  That basically means no matter how much I love Allen, he needs to come out and say guys I respect you’re decision, but guys Om vacc. And I hope all of you do the same.  We’re

playing for a SB.

Yesterday on one of the radio outlets made the remark KC has been very overt on this matter.  I don’t think Bease or Poyer should be singled out as they’ve already been so outward (Poyer wife), but quietly no media just tell the Indic. To get it done.

I just want our best players out there.  Not a epidemiologic comment.  That’s for the COVID board.

The Bills tried to be respectful and it was the wrong way to go. Look what they got back for their respect...31 other teams have had this be a minimal story even with guys who aren't vaccinated and disagree with it. Teams like the Vikings where they had someone publicly state they were against it...then left it at that and moved on. 

Players on the Bills made this a story after they said that they made an agreement with the coaches, front office and their fellow players that they weren't going to talk about it. 

• Agree 2