Rousseau The Sack Artist

Milanos Milano

On 8/21/2021 at 8:48 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

He’s been playing so well, he deserves his own thread. I know it’s just preseason, but he disrupts plays every single snap. He has great instincts and leverage. Rouuuuuuuuuuuuse! 

A sack a game with limited snaps. Very impressive. 

This kid could legitimately be the missing piece to a SB

• Like (+1) 1

ok, so obv i'm way way ahead of myself, but the way this guy uses his hips and arms looks just so much like julius peppers to me.  i remember the one game in our darkest season, when we beat carolina with alex van pelt at qb.  as i was cheering after a late ish touchdown, i remember thinking wait, no i want to lose this game.  only game i ever wanted them to lose.

and they got peppers and we got mike williams.

anyhow, ya i think this kid has some stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

He has been amazing but a couple of caveats

1) it’s preseason

2) to the best of my knowledge I have not seen any moves .. just bull rush and use his long arms and leverage. Good things to use but he will have to develop some other attack moves to become a constant threat.

Beane found a freak athlete who looks to be a DROY candidate but the staff has work to do to get him to his potential.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, Motorin' said:

Groot has elite traits. And Basham is stout against the run, and can get those sneaky interior sacks. Boogie is never going to be a speed rusher on the outside, but he'll set the edge and give teams fits rushing inside. 

That was said about Epenesa and now look at him. There's been talk about him needing to change his body as well.  Boogie also ran his 40 in the 4.6s at pro day 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He has been amazing but a couple of caveats

1) it’s preseason

2) to the best of my knowledge I have not seen any moves .. just bull rush and use his long arms and leverage. Good things to use but he will have to develop some other attack moves to become a constant threat.

Beane found a freak athlete who looks to be a DROY candidate but the staff has work to do to get him to his potential.

I’d be echoing the same sentiment about preseason for numerous other positions but I personally believe OL and DL can be evaluated pretty good in the preseason. A lot of times it’s a one on one with the guy across from you and Rousseau has beaten more than one starter opposite him this year. I don’t think it being preseason diminishes it all that much if at all. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That was said about Epenesa and now look at him. There's been talk about him needing to change his body as well.  Boogie also ran his 40 in the 4.6s at pro day 

I am really liking Boogie. I kind of hope they don't make him try to lose 25 lbs. I feel like the d-line is a lot stouter with him setting at edge at 285 or whatever he's at now. He's like a Cam Jordan power rusher. And as you noted he has that 4.6 speed for a big man.

Heard a rumor that McDermott busted a premature nut while watching his preseason highlights... 

On 8/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, Motorin' said:

The Chicago announcers provided so much better information about the Bills players than the Buffalo broadcasters.

I was streaming the Chi broadcast because it wasn't on NFL live.

They really did their homework.  Did a phenomenal job calling that game 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

AJ Ep is coming along too. Rousseau and AJ are going to be quite dominant for years to come. 

Yesterday was the perfect demonstration of how you would hope these two work for years to come. AJ was blowing past guys and Rousseau was tidying up. The stat sheet says Rousseau 2 sacks but Epenesa was the disruptor yesterday. He played an awesome game. 

Greg is ahead of schedule two games in but to see the development in AJ... I mean this staff have basically rebuilt him in a year. Re-shaped his body, tweaked his technique and he is showing up on the field.

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.