Rousseau The Sack Artist

Milanos Milano

4 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Another interesting tidbit on Rousseau, he has the 13th biggest hands ever recorded for a DE. It goes back to 1987. So he has elite extension and hand size that you see once about every 3 years. I think he uses both to maintain control over his opponent. 

Wow, imagine him and Josh playing pattycake together? They'd cause an earthquake

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t even care! In a great mood and Rousseau needs more attention lol . Today was so impressive simply for the fact that he was disruptive almost every play. It was very noticeable. 

Honestly don’t know how much he will have his rookie year, but the signs are there. Sewell is no slouch, and today he dominated an average at best line. 

Just excellent instincts. 

I'm not saying he's going to be this guy, but the manner in which he beats people reminds me of Reggie White.  White also played LDE primarily but also slid inside sometimes on passing downs just like I think they will do with Roussseau.  Rousseau is considerably lighter than White at 265-270 while White was usually up between 285-300 but that was later in his career, at Tennessee and in the mid 1980's with the Eagles he was much more svelte.

image.png.ebbd75e64f0b41626eae24087b56137f.png

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Couldn't agree more with both statements. Epenesa looks MUCH quicker and more athletic, while still seeming to pack a punch. Rousseau's arms just seem to keep the tackle from being able to lock onto him, and he's just so long and strong. 

Both guys were premier edge rushers in college, but fell in the draft due to lackluster combine numbers. Looks like the Bills might be the beneficiaries. This young look d-line is fun to watch!

if Rousseau doesn’t opt out his last year in Miami and has a similar season to 2019 ,  I have no doubt that he’s the first DE of the board in this draft  !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Everytime he gets a sack, they have to play the "I am Groot" audio clip at the stadium.

Motorin, true intentions.  I didn’t creat the name when drafted, but I jumped on it fast.  If you have kids and have taken them to all of these marvel movies, it’s an absolute perfect name for him and instead of the old Bruuuce, which was great, but not creative, this one I think he would embrace.

All they have to do is cut away the one where he is big, not baby GROOT, amd he yells it commandingly as he destroys someone.  Can you imagine 73,000 insanely loyal and a bit happy if you know what I mean on Labatts all screaming in unison.  I AM GROOT!  It’s short, it has a visual, and I think even Marvel would allow it as they could use him eventually as a spokesman.  I know premature, but I have high hopes for this him.  Once it takes off in Buffalo, if he is trending at a sack a game, he’ll make it on GMFB, and Brandt will have a field day with it.

MAKE IT SO, AND ENGAGE!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I do not gamble .. but if I did Groot for DROY would be interesting.. as he stands as only the 10th or 11th favorite. With as much as the. Ills will be on TV … he will get noticed.

If you want to get really optimistic - 200/1 he’s the regular season sack leader 

DROY - 20/1

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Yes and no, there are things that you can know are coming and still not stop.. a dude that punches you before you can get your base is hard to deal with, knowing it’s coming or not.   Does he need more? Yeah, for sure.   Will he be able to have success without it, yeah.  Plenty of guys have been good with nothing more than a bull rush.   For this season, I don’t think you will see a lot more than that. 

Reggie White comes to mind

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

How did Basham look tonight i haven't heard anything about him? Does anyone know where I can watch the replay of the game?

He looked ok. Like a slightly downsized Vernon Butler who didn't quit on plays or take plays off. The result of that effort was measurable stats, even though he didn't really flash. He was more effective getting penetration against a more lousy OL than the Lions fielded. The Bills need to decided what he is, because he doesn't currently have the burst for edge, he got stymied on power rushes and carried pretty easily on speed attampts. Nor does he have the anchor for interior to swallow blockers, but what he can do now is penetrate from the inside.

To me, DL is an easy call. Butler has to go. If Kumerow becomes the 2nd roster-position gunner from offense over Taiwan (with Neal), then you carry Bam Johnson too. Johnson has shown the suddenness to win from the snap on the outside, seems he does that a couple times a game. Depends on Phillips status, he and Star are fine at 1-tech and Oliver is a natural 3 but Boogie and Obada can fill there for now. Butler, there was one screen pass where Zimmer just ran a circle around him to go make the play and I was yelling "hey Butler, don't just do something, stand there" at the set.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He’s been playing so well, he deserves his own thread. I know it’s just preseason, but he disrupts plays every single snap. He has great instincts and leverage. Rouuuuuuuuuuuuse! 

A sack a game with limited snaps. Very impressive. 

It's surprising a guy who is 6'7" has the ability to get that kind of leverage on tackles... really impressive...dude looks like Gumby at times with the way he can bend his body

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol everyone in the stadium is going to be like Rooooooooooouuu. And I’m going to be like, who are we cheering for? Table sauce? 😂

Rue McClanahan. Bills Mafia are big Golden Girls fans. 

tp_Blanche-Devereaux.gif

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.