Rousseau The Sack Artist

Milanos Milano

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm excited about his natural talent, but I think he needs to work on developing a more polished arsenal of pass rush moves.

Up until last weekend, he hadn't really played any meaningful football in a year-and-a-half.  Need to give him some time.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Up until last weekend, he hadn't really played any meaningful football in a year-and-a-half.  Need to give him some time.

Of course, he needs some time, but if he starts playing a lot of minutes and he continues to rely on that one signature move, opposing teams are going to  spot it, and the offensive line coach is going to drill his offensive tackles on combatting that move, and Rousseau's effectiveness is going to decline quickly.  I'm sure the Bills' defensive line coach has him on a crash course in moves to add to his arsenal.  It just takes time and hard work.

Edited by BigAl2526

18 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Of course, he needs some time, but if he starts playing a lot of minutes and he continues to rely on that one signature move, opposing teams are going to  spot it, and the offensive line coach is going to drill his offensive tackles on combatting that move, and Rousseau's effectiveness is going to decline quickly.  I'm sure the Bills' defensive line coach has him on a crash course in moves to add to his arsenal.  It just takes time and hard work.

Yes and no, there are things that you can know are coming and still not stop.. a dude that punches you before you can get your base is hard to deal with, knowing it’s coming or not.   Does he need more? Yeah, for sure.   Will he be able to have success without it, yeah.  Plenty of guys have been good with nothing more than a bull rush.   For this season, I don’t think you will see a lot more than that. 

Wingspan has to be part of "the process" the Bills use at DE. Rousseau was 9th among DE's in this years class with 34.75 inch arms, that would have been good for 3rd last year. Instead, last year Epenesa was 3rd in 2020's class with 34.50 inch arms. Reach allows ends to keep separation from lineman. It's a fundamental advantage if you have it. Doesn't mean you will be successful, but it helps if the other skills are present. Rousseau also shows closing ability, leverage, and power. He's also not exactly a poor athlete. He ran Sub 4.7. I think Esenesa will be much improved this year, but Rousseau eventually taking more snaps. He's just more talented. We will rotate a lot anyway. Good problems to have. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Happy.  Little.  Clouds.

hlc.thumb.jpg.de4fe4539d10c802e44993c89931ef2b.jpg

Somebody needs to add Rousseau to this a pic of him painting him sacking a QB on the canvas. 

52 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Sack Philosopher, not Artist:

th?id=OIP.oDHyZ7JD1b8JWzwpw1_YnQAAAA%26p

There was also a Rousseau painter. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Another interesting tidbit on Rousseau, he has the 13th biggest hands ever recorded for a DE. It goes back to 1987. So he has elite extension and hand size that you see once about every 3 years. I think he uses both to maintain control over his opponent. 

Very interesting info....did not know that.  GROOOOOT!

Go BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MWK said:

Pumped about him. Hopefully he can keep it going. Wonder how many sacks he winds up with. It would be amazing if he could become a 10+ sack guy

I'm hoping for like 15+ honestly. He almost got Dalton a second time today with what was one of his signature shoelace sacks back at Miami with his big mitts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Embrace it bud, he is…

Those arms are pure weapons.  Now if we can get him to put on 10 lbs. of muscle, he could be a serious threat to any opposing offense.  The other guy I’m having so much fun watching is AJ.  He looks very powerful out there.

Everytime he gets a sack, they have to play the "I am Groot" audio clip at the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.