Diet or regular soda?

Another Fan

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

When I do drink soda its regular. I mostly just drink water.

I have a glass of skim milk with breakfast, then drink water all day long. If I’m at a restaurant it’s an Arnold Palmer (half lemonade, half unsweet tea). My soda exception is Diet Coke if I get wings at one restaurant or pizza at another, so maybe once a month. Just not a soda guy. 

Polar Soda Water!

And "diet" is definitely not healthier. You are better off with the sugar than the chemicals (although that is like saying you are better off with AIDS instead of cancer).

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have a glass of skim milk with breakfast, then drink water all day long. If I’m at a restaurant it’s an Arnold Palmer (half lemonade, half unsweet tea). My soda exception is Diet Coke if I get wings at one restaurant or pizza at another, so maybe once a month. Just not a soda guy. 

Spoken like a true southern gentleman.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Neither. Water almost all the time. Hot summer I do gatorade sometimes. And once in a while tea.

I've taken a recent liking to Gatorade Zero.  We've been a "flavored seltzer" family for years.  I've been getting more Gatorade than water in recent months.

Was a Diet Pepsi-aholic for years.  Could drink up to 2 liters a day.  Loved the fizziness.  Switched to Diet Coke for a year and now don’t drink pop at all.

Too much sugar in regular.  Diet pop tricks your body and causes insulin spikes along with the fake sweetener, nasty stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

No longer drink Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper any more; my taste buds have changed and no longer like them.

I generally drink Thai Tea with stevia (you can make Thai Tea in coffee maker just like coffee), Diet Iced Tea, or Diet sodas ginger ale,  A&W Root Beer or Sunkist.  

Supermarkets used to have a lot more varieties of diet soda but cut down due to competition from smaller bottlers who charge more and take up less shelve space.

Diet A&W Cream Soda used to be my mainstay but cannot find anymore.

Oh and i have a meter and never see insulin spikes from diet sodas or teas.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Polar Soda Water!

And "diet" is definitely not healthier. You are better off with the sugar than the chemicals (although that is like saying you are better off with AIDS instead of cancer).

Spoken like a true southern gentleman.

I drink polar plain soda water. But their mandarin orange is good, too. But I also find that I prefer seltzer from a can than a bottle. Seems like the fizz lasts longer once it is poured.  

As far as soda is concerned I rarely drink it but it is Coke with a meatball hero, or Ginger Ale with Chinese food. Never diet. Always regular. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Polar Soda Water!

It's cancer in a cup vs. diabetes in a cup.  That said, I drink the cancer in a cup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.