Jump to content

Brandon Beane wants cap space ready to go in case veteran they like becomes available


HOUSE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Prior to training camp, general manager Brandon Beane spoke to media to address many of the most pressing topics for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills’ current cap space was brought up, but primarily in the context of the general consensus that Buffalo may want to add to the tight end group.

Specifically, Beane was asked: “With the salary cap space that you do have available, do you foresee potentially something happening with a veteran player, perhaps adding to that position [tight end] before the start of the regular season?”

 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/4/22608637/brandon-beane-wants-cap-space-ready-to-go-in-case-veteran-they-like-becomes-available-bills

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beane always seems to be prepared for just about any situation / outcome.  At least that's how it appears from the outside - sounds like he wanted to make sure they maintained a cushion for any late training camp issue / injury / cost-cutting drop by another team.

 

Wonder if that plays at all into the Josh contract issue ???   The cap experts will know way better than me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t rule out a player trade where the bills absorb a higher cap number, hence using any extra space Beane was referring to. I don’t mean Ertz btw… but potentially I could see Beane moving OL/DL depth in exchange for a guy who could come in and fill a specific role they want. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Prior to training camp, general manager Brandon Beane spoke to media to address many of the most pressing topics for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills’ current cap space was brought up, but primarily in the context of the general consensus that Buffalo may want to add to the tight end group.

Specifically, Beane was asked: “With the salary cap space that you do have available, do you foresee potentially something happening with a veteran player, perhaps adding to that position [tight end] before the start of the regular season?”

 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/4/22608637/brandon-beane-wants-cap-space-ready-to-go-in-case-veteran-they-like-becomes-available-bills

He's talking McCaffrey I know it! I love you Beane!:wub:

 

Also Ertz woooooo!!

  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there's any year to spend every single penny we have under the cap, this is it. 

 

Rolling money into 2022 doesn't move the needle - taking your best shot at the Super Bowl in 2021 is the absolute strategic objective

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He's talking McCaffrey I know it! I love you Beane!:wub:

 

Also Ertz woooooo!!

I’d take McCaffrey off the Panther’s hands.  They can have Addison back and a 5th rounder next year 😂

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DT and DB are the most pressing need.

 

One more veteran disruptive DT and another DB.   Dane Jackson is getting beat too much for my liking and I'd like to see another DB in there at a shot a starting over Wallace.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beane tries to do this every year. Its a good idea to have that money in case somebody useful becomes available.

I'm not worried about Allen because his new money won't kick in THIS season.

Kind of sorry they missed out on Nelson 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Always helps to be prepared for when Ertz gets dropped by Philly....

 

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

 

But not really. 🤪

Zach is back, baby!

 

Ertz rumors that is....

 

Go Bills!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Always helps to be prepared for when Ertz gets dropped by Philly....

 

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

 

But not really. 🤪

I honestly don't think he's going to get dropped. The Iggles are going to pay him 8.5 million to be a backup on a team he wants to leave simply out of spite. Bizarre. When all the "Ertz to Buffalo" tornadoes were swirling around, I'm sure he was excited to get to play for a real contender with a MVP caliber QB as the TE1. Now he gets to play TE2 on a crap team with a crap QB who probably gets replaced by Joe Flacco by week 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...