It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Oh now it's "requests" and "seeks"?  I'm old enough to remember with it was "begs for" Twit for Brains. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Vaccines are working but the leadership to motivate people to get the shot is not.  Good job Joe and Co. 

55 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I listen.  I've heard no one say they are not getting the shot due to fear of needles.  

Anecdotal evidence.

I'm basing my hunch on observing human nature and behaviour for over 1/2 a century.

No one is going to say in public they're afraid to get vaccinated because of the needle if they are.  

I admit its just a hunch. So is yours.

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Anecdotal evidence.

I'm basing my hunch on observing human nature and behaviour for over 1/2 a century.

No one is going to say in public they're afraid to get vaccinated because of the needle if they are.  

I admit its just a hunch. So is yours.

Yes of course it's anecdotal however anecdotes and hunches are two very different things.  Hunches are what you think whereas anecdotes are what I've heard. 

Case in point I have a very close friend who just got her shot.  She hates needles and the reason she was not getting the shot had very little to do with the needle.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes of course it's anecdotal however anecdotes and hunches are two very different things.  Hunches are what you think whereas anecdotes are what I've heard. 

Case in point I have a very close friend who just got her shot.  She hates needles and the reason she was not getting the shot had very little to do with the needle.  

What was her reason then?

Yeah, its a hunch, but I'm not gonna abandon it due to your anecdotal evidence.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

How many under 18? 

It's unfortunate we have an extremely obese society (over 40%) President CDC refuses to address.  Maybe that's some kind of shaming.

And it's been 19 months.   

And I'll be fact checking that claim in your tweet....

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

What was her reason then?

Yeah, its a hunch, but I'm not gonna abandon it due to your anecdotal evidence.

Same as mine.  Lack of proper clinical testing and FDA approval.  Mine went deeper than that but that were her main reasons. 

Nor should my anecdotes change your hunches. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How much did she buy and how much did she make?

It says between 1K and 15K worth of Gilead and she ended up losing money.  It's a nothing story as she bought Gilead stock two days after the WHO stated that remdesivir may have real efficacy at treating the virus back in February of 2020.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It says between 1K and 15K worth of Gilead and she ended up losing money.  It's a nothing story as she bought Gilead stock two days after the WHO stated that remdesivir may have real efficacy at treating the virus back in February of 2020.

I know. I rarely ask a question here I don’t know the answer to. Why I directed it to Billy. 😉

52 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I know. I rarely ask a question here I don’t know the answer to. Why I directed it to Billy. 😉

Right.  I shouldn't have wasted a google search but the 16 months late thing interested me.

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So now we’re quoting anonymous posters on some forum who are trying to evade getting banned by doing cute things like writing [VX] to frustrate the anti-vax search algorithms. 

So now you want to ban someone for disagreeing with you? At least you are open about it.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That evil prick and his wife set it all up to take the loss.  He’s playing 5D chess and winning. 

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Right.  I shouldn't have wasted a google search but the 16 months late thing interested me.

Here's what was mentioned in the article I saw.  Who knows if it's true but this just points out that anyone who takes a Twit's Tweet as gospel and doesn't do their research is a Twit For Brains.

“Last year Dr. Paul completed the reporting form for an investment made by his wife using her own earnings, an investment which she has lost money on. This was done in the appropriate reporting time window,” Cooper said.

“In the process of preparing to file his annual financial disclosure for last year, he learned that the form was not transmitted and promptly alerted the filing office and requested their guidance. In accordance with that guidance he filed both reports today.”

• Agree 1

I'm still trying to understand what these vaccinated neurotics are afraid of when its comes to un-vaccinated people.

Because if you are vaccinated and believe the vaccine is effective and if you also believe the CDC studies that show a vaccinated person can carry the same high viral load as an un-vaccinated person then the logical conclusion is a vaccinated and un-vaccinated person poses an identical risk of transmitting their viral load given the same load level.  And absent any specific knowledge of any specific individual's health situation both groups are an equal threat and both present the same level of "safety". 

So in a social situation where the health status of almost everyone is unknown the vaccine status of the people you contact doesn't matter to your "real" risk and safety.  And there's a real disconnect here in the way people are making assessments of risk because the true risk presented is defined by the viral load of an individual and not on the vaccination status of the person.  And also, what the vaccine does is protect you but it doesn't protect others from you transmitting the virus to them.  And the only real way to be safe is to know the viral load level of everyone and drive those load levels to zero for everyone.    

Am I wrong here?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Soon: 

"Well if you get 6 boosters the vaccine at least lessens your chance of death how much we don't know.  They are not perfect and 40% efficacy is better then zero.  So mask indefinitely and we should probably all just go to a virtual life.  We tried."  

The guy that developed the mRNA technology for the vaccine is now under attack for most definitely spreading misinformation 

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm still trying to understand what these vaccinated neurotics are afraid of when its comes to un-vaccinated people.

Because if you are vaccinated and believe the vaccine is effective and if you also believe the CDC studies that show a vaccinated person can carry the same high viral load as an un-vaccinated person then the logical conclusion is a vaccinated and un-vaccinated person poses an identical risk of transmitting their viral load given the same load level.  And absent any specific knowledge of any specific individual's health situation both groups are an equal threat and both present the same level of "safety". 

So in a social situation where the health status of almost everyone is unknown the vaccine status of the people you contact doesn't matter to your "real" risk and safety.  And there's a real disconnect here in the way people are making assessments of risk because the true risk presented is defined by the viral load of an individual and not on the vaccination status of the person.  And also, what the vaccine does is protect you but it doesn't protect others from you transmitting the virus to them.  And the only real way to be safe is to know the viral load level of everyone and drive those load levels to zero for everyone.    

Am I wrong here?  

Not sure if you're right or wrong but this has been my contention all along.  

I think the left just loves to be hysterical.  You know.....childish temper tantrums. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Am I wrong here?  

Almost like their is a hidden agenda.

Can't imagine why there is so much mistrust.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So SF just kicked their restaurants (and other businesses) in the nut sack.  

By design.  

They know who this keeps in the restaurants and who it gets rid of.  

Systemic.  Racism.  

The elites want their bubbles.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Not sure if you're right or wrong but this has been my contention all along.  

I think the left just loves to be hysterical.  You know.....childish temper tantrums. 

Well I've watched the local news the past couple nights and other than hot weather the talk is about Delta.  With some stories on restaurant owners allowing only vaccinated customers indoors because "that policy makes customers feel safer".  But feeling safer is not equal to being safer. 

Even a quick google search dispels most of the safety argument.  So which group of people is actually the uninformed?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+covid+vaccines+stop+viral+replication%3F&biw=1651&bih=927&ei=ZHoVYa7tA5Pj9AO0657AAg&oq=do+covid+vaccines+stop+viral+replication%3F&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgAEEcQsAM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BAgAEEM6CAgAEIAEELEDOgUIABCABDoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CAgAELEDEIMBOgUIABCGAzoGCAAQFhAeOgcIIRAKEKABSgQIQRgAUKpHWMaQAWDbkwFoB3ACeACAAYcDiAHeNpIBCDAuNDQuMC4xmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiur6XWn6zyAhWTMX0KHbS1Byg4FBDh1QMIDQ&uact=5

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well I've watched the local news the past couple nights and other than hot weather the talk is about Delta.  With some stories on restaurant owners allowing only vaccinated customers indoors because "that policy makes customers feel safer".  But feeling safer is not equal to being safer. 

Even a quick google search dispels most of the safety argument.  So which group of people is actually the uninformed?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+covid+vaccines+stop+viral+replication%3F&biw=1651&bih=927&ei=ZHoVYa7tA5Pj9AO0657AAg&oq=do+covid+vaccines+stop+viral+replication%3F&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgAEEcQsAM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BAgAEEM6CAgAEIAEELEDOgUIABCABDoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CAgAELEDEIMBOgUIABCGAzoGCAAQFhAeOgcIIRAKEKABSgQIQRgAUKpHWMaQAWDbkwFoB3ACeACAAYcDiAHeNpIBCDAuNDQuMC4xmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiur6XWn6zyAhWTMX0KHbS1Byg4FBDh1QMIDQ&uact=5

The vaccines are the new "cloth masks."

However, if the vaccines work what's the problem?  Why do they care?  

They don't.  This is about the coercing of society to get the vaccine.  

Pick your conspiracy theory of choice.   

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

GQP: Let them die

Why do you still obsess over Trump?  And reportedly?  At this point don't we all know that the definition of "reportedly" in the dictionary of political terms is "somebody just made up some BS they hope to pass off as a fact and if they are caught lying they've got an established alibi given they provide no real source for a story they made up".    

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Why do you still obsess over Trump?  And reportedly?  At this point don't we all know that the definition of "reportedly" in the dictionary of political terms is "somebody just made up some BS they hope to pass off as a fact and if they are caught lying they've got an established alibi given they provide no real source for a story they made up".    

LMAO - Don't you agree Trump could help make a difference and help encourage his followers to get vaccinated?  

And speaking of REPORTED....

On 8/7/2021 at 8:58 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Capitol Police directed by the House Sargent at Arms William J. Walker reporting to the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.  Its been reported Capitol Police called Walker's office 5 times to request additional forces be deployed before and during the protest turned violent and their request was denied all 5 times.  Its not clear whether it was Walker or Pelosi or someone else who made the ultimate decision on these requests for more help.  

I would think an answer to the question of Who and Why the requests for help were denied is something important to the events of that day.  Do you agree? Probably more important than spending endless hours focusing on what a bunch of guys dressed in kooky costumes were doing running around inside the building that day.  

Great source.