It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

All that's well and good but if the vaccine is effective what then are vaccinated people afraid of regarding contacting un-vaccinated people?  Other than people stating they "don't feel safe" what if any facts justify their fears?

More importantly and seemingly lost on almost everyone is an insight from the the CDC director that a vaccinated person is capable of carrying the same high viral load as an un-vaccinated person.  The unstated conclusion is troubling, vaccines don't kill or stop the virus from replicating.  So every vaccinated person walking around is a potential mutation and variant incubator and the vaccination program as currently defined will not eradicate or control the virus.  We still need a strong and effective anti-viral to gain any real control over the outbreak, vaccinated or not.  

I agree it would be great to have effective anti-virals as for example with HIV.  The vaccines will eventually slow down or stop transmission as the virus is deprived more and more of hosts.  But then the virus mutates to try and keep the advantage as we see with delta.  The vaccinated carrying high loads is a small subset of the total vaccinated as I understand it.

Bottom line is the vaccinated are now being asked to mask again to try and spare the unvaccinated from their own stupidity.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree it would be great to have effective anti-virals as for example with HIV.  The vaccines will eventually slow down or stop transmission as the virus is deprived more and more of hosts.  But then the virus mutates to try and keep the advantage as we see with delta.  The vaccinated carrying high loads is a small subset of the total vaccinated as I understand it.

Bottom line is the vaccinated are now being asked to mask again to try and spare the unvaccinated from their own stupidity.

How long have we had the flu vaccine and we still have the flu?  Covid is here to stay in some form. 

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How long have we had the flu vaccine and we still have the flu?  Covid is here to stay in some form. 

I don’t think we will eradicate Covid, but we will control it.  I don’t know of a coronavirus that has been eradicated.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So easily manipulated.  

The government is telling you to do this, and because they don’t want you turning on them, they deflect to “the unvaccinated”, and y’all fall for it every time.  

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, except for the government officials you simp for.  

You’re vaccinated.  You can still get covid.  You can still transmit covid.  

Im not vaccinated.  I can still get covid.  I can still transmit covid.  

You don’t care about natural immunity, post-Covid infections, because the government has told you it doesn’t matter.  It should matter… because it’s just as effective as your vaccination.  

I eat healthy, exercise and take vitamins to make sure my immune system is in good shape to fight off the virus.  Do you?  

You want to shame people for not taking a vaccine that A) Doesn’t prevent covid, B) Doesn’t prevent transmission of covid and C) Will require consistent booster shots?  …..so in other words, the seasonal flu?

Who are you worried about?  The kids? Who you want masked up for your safety?  Same kids you probably never said a word about during the Swine Flu or in regards to RSV, which killed/kill far more children than covid.  

Worried about mutations?… it’s a big, big world out there… This isn’t a United States-centric issue.   Tell me where these variants have all started?… because they didn’t originate here in the states.  

Going to have to learn to live with this.. Or I suppose you can sell out your fellow Americans to make yourself feel better. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

The article about people in Orlando getting a third shot because they have no immunity left is not in support of what I said? Why is Israel giving a third shot if not for waning coverage? Please tell me how these two facts don't back me up?

I already did. 

Nothing you linked supports, “Of course we now know the vaccines are not lasting more than 6 months in most cases.”

What we know is that vaccines are providing robust immune support at least 18 months into the testing for almost all cases except for those whose immunity is compromised. 

But you keep chicken-little-ing.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t think we will eradicate Covid, but we will control it.  I don’t know of a coronavirus that has been eradicated.

It hurts to be here, doesn't it? 

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Carrying a high viral content in your nasal cavity is not the same as transmitting, and even the viral load in the nasal cavity drops faster in those who are vaccinated. Moreover that study in the CDC did not differentiate between live and dead virus--this was just viral load.

Vaccines reduce virus shedding time, symptomatic infection and the presence of immune response generated by the vaccine suppresses the amount of viable virus.

The viral load study is a woefully incomplete data point. 

12 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Carrying a high viral content in your nasal cavity is not the same as transmitting, and even the viral load in the nasal cavity drops faster in those who are vaccinated. Moreover that study in the CDC did not differentiate between live and dead virus--this was just viral load.

Vaccines reduce virus shedding time, symptomatic infection and the presence of immune response generated by the vaccine suppresses the amount of viable virus.

The viral load study is a woefully incomplete data point. 

Completely agreed 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I already did. 

Nothing you linked supports, “Of course we now know the vaccines are not lasting more than 6 months in most cases.”

What we know is that vaccines are providing robust immune support at least 18 months into the testing for almost all cases except for those whose immunity is compromised. 

But you keep chicken-little-ing.

The vaccines have only been used widespread for 8 months but we know about an 18 month robust support. Dude do you work for the Pfizer? 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The vaccines have only been used widespread for 8 months but we know about an 18 month robust support. Dude do you work for the Pfizer? 

Typo but I'm still waiting for you on this: “Of course we now know the vaccines are not lasting more than 6 months in most cases.”

I'll stop asking for you to support it since you failed so miserably the last 3 times I asked. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Typo but I'm still waiting for you on this: “Of course we now know the vaccines are not lasting more than 6 months in most cases.”

I'll stop asking for you to support it since you failed so miserably the last 3 times I asked. 

You never once showed where I was wrong- you simply stated my actual facts were not facts. You have presented nothing as far a recent study.

“What’s coming next is that we are going to have to continue to get people vaccinated so that right now, even in states in which you have a good relative proportion of people vaccinated, you have to get the overwhelming proportion of people vaccinated. But you also have to do mitigation. And that gets to the controversial issue of mask-wearing and the mandating of things mandating of vaccines, for example, for teachers and people in the personnel in the school, but also in situations as uncomfortable as we know and controversial as we know it is with regard to masks wearing, particularly in the situation in schools, we’ve just got to realize that we’re dealing with a public health crisis. And the more you get infections, the more spread you get, the greater opportunity the virus has to continue to evolve and mutate.”

charlie murphy GIF

“Right now, we are fortunate in that the vaccines that we have are quite good against the Delta variant, particularly with regard to preventing severe disease with hospitalizations and deaths. We certainly are getting what are called breakthrough infections, which means a person who was vaccinated might get infected and actually may even spread the virus. But in general, those people are not the ones who are getting seriously ill and dying. It’s the unvaccinated that are doing that. So we have a lot of tasks. We’ve got to do mitigation, put aside all of these issues of concern about liberties and personal liberties, and realize we have a common enemy, and that common enemy is the virus....  Chappelle Show Lol GIF

.. And we really have to all pull together to get on top of this. Otherwise, we’re going to continue to suffer as we’re seeing right now.”

Variants will stop when the thugs in this country realize this never ends.

Jesus I finally visit this forum to see what’s up and realize it’s infiltrated with morons.

The virus is MUTATING because people aren’t vaccinated and stopping the spread.  All of the “it only affects 1%” people don’t get it.

Get the frigging shot.  It’s safe and free.  Do it for EVERYONE, not for yourself.

So stupid.

17 minutes ago, eball said:

Jesus I finally visit this forum to see what’s up and realize it’s infiltrated with morons.

The virus is MUTATING because people aren’t vaccinated and stopping the spread.  All of the “it only affects 1%” people don’t get it.

Get the frigging shot.  It’s safe and free.  Do it for EVERYONE, not for yourself.

So stupid.

Vaccination is NOT stopping the spread its limiting deaths and hospitalizations.  

So since it continues to spread among the vaccinated - does that mean mutations continue?  Serious question. 

48 minutes ago, eball said:

So stupid.

When Pfiser becomes a not for profit organization for the betterment of mankind, I'll get the shot. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  The vaccinated are being told to mask up because the vaccines only provide about 6 months of protection and our vaccinated population is gradually moving into an unprotected phase.  Many breakthrough cases are happening.  Just look at Israel cases where they vaccinated nearly their entire population very early.  Their case count is blowing up and is at pre-vaccine levels.  Link below.  We are headed to the same place.  In fact we are there, US cases are at November 2020 levels now.  You know who isn't getting Covid now or before?  Healthy individuals with healthy immune systems. 

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/israel/

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Vaccination is NOT stopping the spread its limiting deaths and hospitalizations.  

So since it continues to spread among the vaccinated - does that mean mutations continue?  Serious question. 

Significantly limiting among the vaccinated.  Which is why everyone eligible should take the vaccine and any booster shots to follow.

12 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  The vaccinated are being told to mask up because the vaccines only provide about 6 months of protection and our vaccinated population is gradually moving into an unprotected phase.  Many breakthrough cases are happening.  Just look at Israel cases where they vaccinated nearly their entire population very early.  Their case count is blowing up and is at pre-vaccine levels.  Link below.  We are headed to the same place.  In fact we are there, US cases are at November 2020 levels now.  You know who isn't getting Covid now or before?  Healthy individuals with healthy immune systems. 

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/israel/

Some of the healthiest people in this country are men in their 20's and 30's in professional sports who eat right and exercise regularly.  Yet we've seen Covid spread through locker rooms like wildfire.  This is a dumb statement.  Lamar somehow got it twice.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Significantly limiting among the vaccinated.  Which is why everyone eligible should take the vaccine and any booster shots to follow.

Explain why they are implementing them despite this medical miracle?

Explain how 100% vaccination (never ever happening and they know it) is going to change the dynamics of "mutations?"  Which is the most asinine metric in the history of pandemics.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Explain why they are implementing them despite this medical miracle?

Explain how 100% vaccination (never ever happening and they know it) is going to change the dynamics of "mutations?"  Which is the most asinine metric in the history of pandemics.  

Did I say I'm in favor of vaccine passports?

2 hours ago, eball said:

So stupid.

MUTATIONS!!!  

Tell me your plan to vaccinate the entire planet.  And then keep the entire planet vaccinated with the necessary booster shots. 

Also, if you really cared about your fellow man - you’d also get tested everyday, since you can still… ya know… catch covid and spread it while vaccinated. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

I couldn’t be more right.  Breakthrough infections may be happening with delta because the vaccines don’t generate an localized IgA response, but there is absolutely no question whatsoever that the vaccines protect against morbidity and mortality.  No question whatsoever.  Now, will boosters perhaps be needed?  I anticipate such, probably yearly with the mRNA technology used to rapidly create vaccines against new variants. But to say the only people not getting Covid are healthy people with healthy immune systems is wrong.  Plenty of physicians and nurses in my health care network will tell you so.  There was a great article posted by a pathologist at the University of Iowa on this I will find and post tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2

This article is essentially:  "The kids are going to be f...ed for some time, here is how we can get them more psychiatrists."  

If you were expecting "just let them go to school as normal with no mask" nah.  Too risky.  370 kids under 18 have died in 18 months.  

Children's mental health badly harmed by pandemic. Therapy is hard to find.

From June of last year to late this past spring, an average of five children a week were being admitted to the medical school's teaching hospital at East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C., after overdosing on medications such as acetaminophen, opiates, antidepressants and even Ritalin.

John Diamond and his colleagues had never seen anything like it. "Normally," he says, "we see five kids a month."

https://news.yahoo.com/childrens-mental-health-badly-harmed-180904337.html

Year 3 coming up.  Just a few months away.  Your rising Senior this year entire high school years might be without a homecoming dance.  It's very likely.  Please let that sink in.  

Lost childhoods.  Lost development.  Lost rites of passage.  Lost socializing.  Permanent trauma.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wrong. The vaccinated, even if infected, carry a much lower viral load and therefore reduce the spread. There is no question Delta and other soon to be discovered variants are the result of spread among the unvaccinated.

This is science, and it infuriates me. You non-vaxxers or anti-vaxxers are idiots and I absolutely wish every business in the country implemented a vaccine requirement. 

Oh, and I also don’t mind wearing a mask. They work too. 

I’m outta here. 

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Wrong. The vaccinated, even if infected, carry a much lower viral load and therefore reduce the spread. There is no question Delta and other soon to be discovered variants are the result of spread among the unvaccinated.

This is science, and it infuriates me. You non-vaxxers or anti-vaxxers are idiots and I absolutely wish every business in the country implemented a vaccine requirement. 

I’m outta here. 

Thanks for stopping by. It was very informative.   Come back soon ok?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’m outta here. 

If Delta didn’t originate in America, but you can still get Delta, and transmit it, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated - what are you going on about?  What’s your plan for the entire planet?

Yea, I get it.. The vaccine makes it so you won’t get as sick.  Awesome. Go for it.  Get a booster every month.  

Then shut up about it. 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Another guy with the six months of protection line. You guys getting this from newsmax? The Trump blog?

59 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m outta here. 

Well you're wrong I guess thats why you dipped:

Study: Vaccinated People Can Carry as Much Virus as Others

In another dispiriting setback for the nation’s efforts to stamp out the coronavirus, scientists who studied a big COVID-19 outbreak in Massachusetts concluded that vaccinated people who got so-called breakthrough infections carried about the same amount of the coronavirus as those who did not get the shots.

Health officials on Friday released details of that research, which was key in this week's decision by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to recommend that vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the delta variant is fueling infection surges. The authors said the findings suggest that the CDC's mask guidance should be expanded to include the entire country, even outside of hot spots.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-30/cdc-team-war-has-changed-as-delta-variant-dangers-emerge

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Another guy with the six months of protection line. You guys getting this from newsmax? The Trump blog?

No.  The science:

However, in July, the effectiveness against infection was considerably lower for mRNA-1273 (76%, 95% CI: 58-87%) with an even more pronounced reduction in effectiveness for BNT162b2 (42%, 95% CI: 13-62%). Notably, the Delta variant prevalence in Minnesota increased from 0.7% in May to over 70% in July whereas the Alpha variant prevalence decreased from 85% to 13% over the same time period. Comparing rates of infection between matched individuals fully vaccinated with mRNA-1273 versus BNT162b2 across Mayo Clinic Health System sites in multiple states (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, and Iowa), mRNA-1273 conferred a two-fold risk reduction against breakthrough infection compared to BNT162b2 (IRR = 0.50, 95% CI: 0.39-0.64). In Florida, which is currently experiencing its largest COVID-19 surge to date, the risk of infection in July after full vaccination with mRNA-1273 was about 60% lower than after full vaccination with BNT162b2 (IRR: 0.39, 95% CI: 0.24-0.62). Our observational study highlights that while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, further evaluation of mechanisms underlying differences in their effectiveness such as dosing regimens and vaccine composition are warranted.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

MUTATIONS!!!  

Tell me your plan to vaccinate the entire planet.  And then keep the entire planet vaccinated with the necessary booster shots. 

Also, if you really cared about your fellow man - you’d also get tested everyday, since you can still… ya know… catch covid and spread it while vaccinated. 

Yes, you can spread it while vaccinated. But you're 90% less likely to get it. 80% less with the delta variant.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0607-mrna-reduce-risks.html

And if you're less likely to get it, you're ipso facto less likely to spread it. Vaccination is the least you can do. That number will go up and down as more studies come in, as variants appear and so on. But limiting the spread is important.

And the plan to vaccinate the entire planet is simple. Day by day, inoculation by inoculation, do it till the disease stops going around. That's the plan, and it's a plan that has worked in the past, which is why diseases like smallpox and polio have been virtually eliminated. Yes, we'll never reach 100% ... some such as the immunocompromised should not be vaccinated, and it's harder to get to certain groups of people than others, such as people far out in the countryside in the least developed countries. And yes, some diseases have never been completely eliminated, such as the flu, and yet the deadlier versions of the flu did indeed get eliminated. Pandemics tend to end, and they do so much sooner when humans act rationally rather than following their facebook misinfo feeds.

Once vaccination is extremely widespread, we reach herd immunity, it stops being passed as much, it stops being carried, and when that happens, variants stop appearing and the pandemic dies down. That's how this all works.

Came here to share this sad article about Ben Franklin, "Ben Franklin's bitter regret that he didn't immunize his 4-year-old son against smallpox."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/08/14/ben-franklin-smallpox-son-vaccine/?mc_cid=ece7b4632e&mc_eid=b891ab3b1f

Sad stuff. History repeats itself again and again.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct that vaccination is not stopping the spread. The evidence is that it is limiting the spread. Certainly not stopping it, but limiting it. And that is big.

You're right that it is also limiting deaths and hospitalizations. That's also really important.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I know there is not consensus but please answer this: why is Israel giving booster shots at this time? Or do you believe Israel is an incompetent country?

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  The science:

However, in July, the effectiveness against infection was considerably lower for mRNA-1273 (76%, 95% CI: 58-87%) with an even more pronounced reduction in effectiveness for BNT162b2 (42%, 95% CI: 13-62%). Notably, the Delta variant prevalence in Minnesota increased from 0.7% in May to over 70% in July whereas the Alpha variant prevalence decreased from 85% to 13% over the same time period. Comparing rates of infection between matched individuals fully vaccinated with mRNA-1273 versus BNT162b2 across Mayo Clinic Health System sites in multiple states (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, and Iowa), mRNA-1273 conferred a two-fold risk reduction against breakthrough infection compared to BNT162b2 (IRR = 0.50, 95% CI: 0.39-0.64). In Florida, which is currently experiencing its largest COVID-19 surge to date, the risk of infection in July after full vaccination with mRNA-1273 was about 60% lower than after full vaccination with BNT162b2 (IRR: 0.39, 95% CI: 0.24-0.62). Our observational study highlights that while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, further evaluation of mechanisms underlying differences in their effectiveness such as dosing regimens and vaccine composition are warranted.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v1

Your data proves the point of how well the vaccines work. And now do hospitalizations and deaths for the vaccinated. I'll be waiting. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know there is not consensus but please answer this: why is Israel giving booster shots at this time? Or do you believe Israel is an incompetent country?

I'm sorry, are you still not backing up your statement that in most cases the vaccine doesn't work after 6 months? 

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This article is essentially:  "The kids are going to be f...ed for some time, here is how we can get them more psychiatrists."  

If you were expecting "just let them go to school as normal with no mask" nah.  Too risky.  370 kids under 18 have died in 18 months.  

Children's mental health badly harmed by pandemic. Therapy is hard to find.

From June of last year to late this past spring, an average of five children a week were being admitted to the medical school's teaching hospital at East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C., after overdosing on medications such as acetaminophen, opiates, antidepressants and even Ritalin.

John Diamond and his colleagues had never seen anything like it. "Normally," he says, "we see five kids a month."

https://news.yahoo.com/childrens-mental-health-badly-harmed-180904337.html

Year 3 coming up.  Just a few months away.  Your rising Senior this year entire high school years might be without a homecoming dance.  It's very likely.  Please let that sink in.  

Lost childhoods.  Lost development.  Lost rites of passage.  Lost socializing.  Permanent trauma.  

Hey you got something right! 

18 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Looks serious. 

image.thumb.png.24f28ed66a02f0fe980a53c8a504aee7.png

Didnt say it’s serious, but I can’t be alone in knowing multiple people getting moderately, to seriously, sick with covid - while vaccinated.  

We’ll see if these numbers start changing as we go on.