It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re kidding right? Ultra BLUE California is at 53% vaccinated and the cavemen in Florida are at 50%. What exactly do you think these ‘facts’ are supposed to prove?

Facts are inconvenient sometimes - it’s ok SCD

I feel that developing antibodies naturally and organically is far longer lasting and better for the overall mitigation of this pesky little bug, than an artificial man made vaccine. 

Healthy people shouldn't vaccinate because that can cause undue mutations, and it supports a pharmaceutical industry that is often times, no more than just common drug dealers on a legal and grand scale. 

I am not anti vax, I just feel like artificial substances should be used sparingly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Facts are inconvenient sometimes - it’s ok SCD

Huh? You believe that THREE PERCENT makes all the difference? You’re cluelessness is truly on display this morning. Turn off CNN for a few minutes and go outside in the fresh air. It’ll do you good. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This will never end, unless people stop being led around like sheep.  

They're already getting you prepared for LAMBDA!!

Deadly Lambda variant could be vaccine-resistant, new study says

As the US struggles to suppress the rapidly advancing coronavirus Delta variant, new evidence has emerged that the latest Lambda mutation - ravaging parts of South America (where the United States continues its no borders policy with Mexico but you can't go to Canada) - won’t be slowed by vaccines.

In a July 28 report appearing on bioRxiv, where the study awaits peer review prior to getting published, researchers in Japan are sounding the alarm on the C.37 variant, dubbed Lambda. And it’s proven just as virulent as Delta thanks to a similar mutation making them even more contagious.

The Lambda variant is thought to have emerged somewhere in South America between November and December 2020, and has since turned up in countries throughout Europe, North America and a few more isolated cases in Asia, according to GISAID data.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/deadly-lambda-covid-19-variant-could-be-vaccine-resistant/

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

I feel that developing antibodies naturally and organically is far longer lasting and better for the overall mitigation of this pesky little bug, than an artificial man made vaccine. 

Healthy people shouldn't vaccinate because that can cause undue mutations, and it supports a pharmaceutical industry that is often times, no more than just common drug dealers on a legal and grand scale. 

I am not anti vax, I just feel like artificial substances should be used sparingly. 

I’ll post this article again because it speaks to your point. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/aug/5/biden-teams-misguided-and-deadly-covid-19-vaccine-/

Edited by Bockeye

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? You believe that THREE PERCENT makes all the difference? You’re cluelessness is truly on display this morning. Turn off CNN for a few minutes and go outside in the fresh air. It’ll do you good. 

3% or 648,000 additional Floridians vaccinated could save a lot of lives.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

One person’s death is a tragedy.  Thousands are a statistic.  You may want to take a critical look at your humanity.

Just now, BillStime said:

3% or 648,000 additional people vaccinated could save a lot of lives.

Hahaha

Once again…you HAVE TO BE kidding right? Three percent difference in the number of people electing to get a totally voluntary treatment of ANYTHING is not a trend or sign of anything…it’s a rounding error! Your facts don’t support the political narrative you’re so desperate to push. Translation: you are full of crap! 

BIDEN INVESTIGATING IF HE CAN OVERRIDE STATE BANS ON SCHOOL MASK MANDATES.

https://lidblog.com/mask-mandates/

Related: President Biden’s extension of the eviction moratorium is unconstitutional and he knows it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/08/05/eviction-moratorium-delta-variant-brett-kavanaugh-unconstitutional/5498649001/

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hahaha

Once again…you HAVE TO BE kidding right? Three percent difference in the number of people electing to get a totally voluntary treatment of ANYTHING is not a trend or sign of anything…it’s a rounding error! Your facts don’t support the political narrative you’re so desperate to push. Translation: you are full of crap! 

You haven't provided any detail to backup your opinion.  Keep whining precious.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One person’s death is a tragedy.  Thousands are a statistic.  You may want to take a critical look at your humanity.

What? I’m fully vaccinated. Knock off the  morality nonsense. The point being discussed is that the percentage of vaccinated from state to state between blue california and ‘disgusting’ Florida is utterly negligible. Next! 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You haven't provided any detail to backup your opinion.  Keep whining precious.

You post pages of  ‘data’. Then somebody makes a point about YOUR data, and the name calling ensues. So predictable…precious. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

What? I’m fully vaccinated. Knock off the  morality nonsense. The point being discussed is that the percentage of vaccinated from state to state between blue california and ‘disgusting’ Florida is utterly negligible. Next! 

Bull crap.  It’s simple math.  Three percent of thousand of people is a relevant number when the idea is keeping folks alive.

And your morality has been shown in another topic where you  seem to laugh at genocide. 

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BIDEN INVESTIGATING IF HE CAN OVERRIDE STATE BANS ON SCHOOL MASK MANDATES.

https://lidblog.com/mask-mandates/

Related: President Biden’s extension of the eviction moratorium is unconstitutional and he knows it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/08/05/eviction-moratorium-delta-variant-brett-kavanaugh-unconstitutional/5498649001/

He won’t be able to do this.  Voters will hold governors accountable for killing people.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You post pages of  ‘data’. Then somebody makes a point about YOUR data, and the name calling ensues. So predictable…precious. 

You said 3% doesn't make a difference - I suggest it will.

Keep whining, precious.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You said 3% doesn't make a difference - I suggest it will.

Keep whining, precious.

My point is that the differences you’re eager to draw across what are truly imaginary state lines do not advance the underlying political battle you’re seeking to invoke. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

My point is that the differences you’re eager to draw across what are truly imaginary state lines do not advance the underlying political battle you’re seeking to invoke. 

It sure does. You just don't like.

Here's some brilliance from the CDC.  But you know, keep blindly following them...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-covid-19-coronavirus-vaccine-side-effects-hospitalization-kids-11626706868

"A tremendous number of government and private policies affecting kids are based on one number: 335. That is how many children under 18 have died with a Covid diagnosis code in their record, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Yet the CDC, which has 21,000 employees, hasn’t researched each death to find out whether Covid caused it or if it involved a pre-existing medical condition.

Without these data, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices decided in May that the benefits of two-dose vaccination outweigh the risks for all kids 12 to 15. I’ve written hundreds of peer-reviewed medical studies, and I can think of no journal editor who would accept the claim that 335 deaths resulted from a virus without data to indicate if the virus was incidental or causal, and without an analysis of relevant risk factors such as obesity.

My research team at Johns Hopkins worked with the nonprofit FAIR Health to analyze approximately 48,000 children under 18 diagnosed with Covid in health-insurance data from April to August 2020. Our report found a mortality rate of zero among children without a pre-existing medical condition such as leukemia. If that trend holds, it has significant implications for healthy kids and whether they need two vaccine doses. The National Education Association has been debating whether to urge schools to require vaccination before returning to school in person. How can they or anyone debate the issue without the right data?"

Short Bio on Author:  A professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, he has published over 250 scientific articles on the re-design of health care, medical innovation, and vulnerable populations. Dr. Makary has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine and is Editor-in-Chief of Medpage Today. He has written for The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today and is a frequent medical commentator.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

It sure does. You just don't like.

A bit of reading comprehension trouble today. I didn’t say that three percent doesn’t make a difference. I said that if you’re trying to show that somehow Californians are more ‘advanced’ than Floridians then these statistics are not indicative of that hypothesis. Got it? 

I’m done…this is exhausting.

3 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Here's some brilliance from the CDC.  But you know, keep blindly following them...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-covid-19-coronavirus-vaccine-side-effects-hospitalization-kids-11626706868

"A tremendous number of government and private policies affecting kids are based on one number: 335. That is how many children under 18 have died with a Covid diagnosis code in their record, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Yet the CDC, which has 21,000 employees, hasn’t researched each death to find out whether Covid caused it or if it involved a pre-existing medical condition.

Without these data, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices decided in May that the benefits of two-dose vaccination outweigh the risks for all kids 12 to 15. I’ve written hundreds of peer-reviewed medical studies, and I can think of no journal editor who would accept the claim that 335 deaths resulted from a virus without data to indicate if the virus was incidental or causal, and without an analysis of relevant risk factors such as obesity.

My research team at Johns Hopkins worked with the nonprofit FAIR Health to analyze approximately 48,000 children under 18 diagnosed with Covid in health-insurance data from April to August 2020. Our report found a mortality rate of zero among children without a pre-existing medical condition such as leukemia. If that trend holds, it has significant implications for healthy kids and whether they need two vaccine doses. The National Education Association has been debating whether to urge schools to require vaccination before returning to school in person. How can they or anyone debate the issue without the right data?"

Short Bio on Author:  A professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, he has published over 250 scientific articles on the re-design of health care, medical innovation, and vulnerable populations. Dr. Makary has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine and is Editor-in-Chief of Medpage Today. He has written for The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today and is a frequent medical commentator.

Also Marty Makary, "We'll have herd immunity by April."

9 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

This makes a good point.  Children and adolescents are at very low risk of death.  But two things to mention.  One, we’ll have to watch the data as more children seem to be susceptible to the delta variant.  Second, while understandably everyone focuses on mortality rates we’ll have to see what the long term morbidity effects are in the younger population.

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A bit of reading comprehension trouble today. I didn’t say that three percent doesn’t make a difference. I said that if you’re trying to show that somehow Californians are more ‘advanced’ than Floridians then these statistics are not indicative of that hypothesis. Got it? 

I’m done…this is exhausting.

You dig your own holes!

Have a great day

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You are the one that was trying to prove a point and failed miserably.

Check AND mate

lmao

Checkmate?  Ha. You just took my decoy pawn with your queen leaving your king exposed. 

What do the Y-axes represent? 

Check 

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

This makes a good point.  Children and adolescents are at very low risk of death.  But two things to mention.  One, we’ll have to watch the data as more children seem to be susceptible to the delta variant.  Second, while understandably everyone focuses on mortality rates we’ll have to see what the long term morbidity effects are in the younger population.

This is very reasonable. 

Will be interesting to see the long term effects of the various vaccines as well as long COVID (those whose symptoms continue).

All of the media is so politicized though, I’m not sure we will ever get full clarity.  Strange times indeed.  

7 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Weak. You have any data that refutes his?

Did you even read the article?

They reviewed cases from April to August 2020.

That data doesn’t reflect the current situation with the delta variant.

What’s your point to posting this?

6 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

This is very reasonable. 

Will be interesting to see the long term effects of the various vaccines as well as long COVID (those whose symptoms continue).

All of the media is so politicized though, I’m not sure we will ever get full clarity.  Strange times indeed.  

I am not worried about any long term effects of the vaccines.  First, historically side effects from vaccination are extraordinarily rare and, if they occur, are seen within weeks.  We saw this with the very rare blood clot issues and the myocarditis with the Covid vaccines, which are picked up quickly due to the reporting mechanisms used globally.

Granted then mRNA viruses are new technology, but they are basically lipid packages of mRNA.  The mRNA is transcribed then degraded, and does not alter the genome in any way.  SoI don’t see where the theoretical fear of long term adverse effects are supported based on the science.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not worried about any long term effects of the vaccines.  First, historically side effects from vaccination are extraordinarily rare and, if they occur, are seen within weeks.  We saw this with the very rare blood clot issues and the myocarditis with the Covid vaccines, which are picked up quickly due to the reporting mechanisms used globally.

Granted then mRNA viruses are new technology, but they are basically lipid packages of mRNA.  The mRNA is transcribed then degraded, and does not alter the genome in any way.  SoI don’t see where the theoretical fear of long term adverse effects are supported based on the science.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna757526

1/3 of drugs have unexpected side effects, which is not extraordinary rare. Old school vaccines are not as problematic as they used to be because we have spent 80 years making them better. RNA effects on the body is still an unknown, which you seem to admit. While I doubt there will be any life threatening problem in a decade we don't know because we don't have a long term study 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna757526

1/3 of drugs have unexpected side effects, which is not extraordinary rare. Old school vaccines are not as problematic as they used to be because we have spent 80 years making them better. RNA effects on the body is still an unknown, which you seem to admit. While I doubt there will be any life threatening problem in a decade we don't know because we don't have a long term study 

Drugs work somewhat differently than vaccines.  Many drugs on the market work on membrane receptors which then normally send downstream signals into the cell.  So the effect on those downstream events can get tricky.  Vaccines basically prevent viruses from entering cells and don’t generally have downstream intracellular effects.  The side effects of vaccines are more due to accelerated response of the immune system and thus get picked up pretty quickly.  

mRNA viruses are indeed different but as I indicated they are mRNA packaged in lipids to maintain solubility.  The mRNA is transcribed and then rapidly degraded.  And there is no genomic effect.  Unless you are buying into the nonsense about magnetism and secret chips, the biology of these vaccines are very simple.  

What a joke:

Barack Obama's star-studded birthday venue records massive Covid spike following bash

A total of 74 positive cases have been recorded on Martha's Vineyard since last Saturday's party. The figure represents more cases in any week since April and has led many bars and restaurants throughout the island to begin insisting guests wear masks again.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1477024/barack-obama-news-birthday-60-Marthas-Vineyard-Tisbury-Jay-Z-Beyonce-1477024

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Drugs work somewhat differently than vaccines.  Many drugs on the market work on membrane receptors which then normally send downstream signals into the cell.  So the effect on those downstream events can get tricky.  Vaccines basically prevent viruses from entering cells and don’t generally have downstream intracellular effects.  The side effects of vaccines are more due to accelerated response of the immune system and thus get picked up pretty quickly.  

mRNA viruses are indeed different but as I indicated they are mRNA packaged in lipids to maintain solubility.  The mRNA is transcribed and then rapidly degraded.  And there is no genomic effect.  Unless you are buying into the nonsense about magnetism and secret chips, the biology of these vaccines are very simple.  

All that's well and good but if the vaccine is effective what then are vaccinated people afraid of regarding contacting un-vaccinated people?  Other than people stating they "don't feel safe" what if any facts justify their fears?

More importantly and seemingly lost on almost everyone is an insight from the the CDC director that a vaccinated person is capable of carrying the same high viral load as an un-vaccinated person.  The unstated conclusion is troubling, vaccines don't kill or stop the virus from replicating.  So every vaccinated person walking around is a potential mutation and variant incubator and the vaccination program as currently defined will not eradicate or control the virus.  We still need a strong and effective anti-viral to gain any real control over the outbreak, vaccinated or not.