It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

On 7/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Enough already.

Guess what? It's constitutional, and it has been for a century:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2021/07/20/federal-judge-upholds-indiana-universitys-covid-19-vaccine-requirement

The Indiana University case cites two early 20th century Supreme Court cases upholding vaccine mandates.

Vaccine relucatance - or worse, outright anti-vaxxer sentiment - is about to turn an acute, time-limited problem into a never-ending problem. If the percent vaccinated doesn't uptick considerably in the next couple months, look forward to online education, mask mandates, maxed-out emergency rooms, travel bans, all that fun stuff all over again.

We've heard you anti-vaxxers. Six months into mass vaccination and your irrational fears have been dispelled. For the obstinate "I won't get vaccinated just because they want us to" -- why they hell did Trump and Melania and family get vaccinated if it's some kind of radical lefty plot?

There's still time. Start with simple things: let private businesses require proof of vaccination status. It's their damn business, it's just a continuation of that old "We Reserve Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" sign that I grew up with. If that isn't working, proceed to the next step: vaccine mandates for various higher-risk activities like colleges, in-person high school attendance, air travel. If that isn't working, then go full-on vaccine mandate. 

When did we get to be a country of such whiners? It's there, it's free (at least to you, the recipient), it's working, it's the way out of this mess. Do. It. Now.

Every where you look they are trying every thing they can to get any one & every one to take the vaccine no matter what it takes !!

Agenda ? Maybe ? Could Be ? Why ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/31/report-cdc-paid-nfl-alumni-association-3-5-million-to-promote-covid-vaccine/

Society was getting better too quickly...they needed to do something fast to reassert their authoritarian grip on people once again...

If there is something to take away from all this- just remember, the authoritarian Left are the same people who produced Jussie Smollett- meaning they are willing to “distort” anything to further their agenda and control...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

My reading says the Phillipines requires face coverings.  I would rather the representatives of our government respect the rules of the country they visit vs. not, even if it seems like overkill.  I think the Phillipines should not require such extremes for vaccinated people.

Nice recovery- you call someone ignorant when you are the ignorant person. You initially said that the face Shields were required, which is completely incorrect. You clearly believe that liberal news is honest when they defend Biden, which is why you are terribly ignorant. If you stopped believing the MSM is honest you will not make so many mistakes, I don't quote OAN because I know they are terribly biased.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Nice recovery- you call someone ignorant when you are the ignorant person. You initially said that the face Shields were required, which is completely incorrect. You clearly believe that liberal news is honest when they defend Biden, which is why you are terribly ignorant. If you stopped believing the MSM is honest you will not make so many mistakes, I don't quote OAN because I know they are terribly biased.

I looked up articles on Philippine regulations which indicated a requirement.  Try again.  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

With all due respect…I believe the original post understood all of that. But if you don’t think the US Government doesn’t know what the people in the Philippines are wearing BEFORE the Secretary gets off the plane you’re kidding yourself. (It’d be like a guy coming to a Bills game in a winter parka in early October because he heard it was Buffalo!) Ya have to admit, it doesn’t look good. 

I read it as our SecDef recognizing the Phillipine government is very sensitive to Covid regulations.   

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I looked up articles on Philippine regulations which indicated a requirement.  Try again.   

You looked up an article about something the government was discussing but never implemented. Once again you were 100% wrong and the person you called ignorant was correct. Your defense for your mistake would be much more understanding if you did not call them ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You looked up an article about something the government was discussing but never implemented. Once again you were 100% wrong and the person you called ignorant was correct. Your defense for your mistake would be much more understanding if you did not call them ignorant.

If this is the picture from the Phillipines their government requires protections such as this.  Respecting the rules of the country you’re visiting as SecDef is OK.  Another potential example of blindly posting things with no understanding of context.

First , this is what I posted in response to the picture of Secretary Austin.  As you can see, the word ignorant is not used anywhere.  So you don’t know what you’re talking about there.  Second, there are a number of sources including the US Embassy in  the Phillipines who have indicated the Health Department there requires masks and shields, and that there is confusion over it because Duarte is wanting policies changed.  You can look that information up as easily as I did. 

I have no problem with our Secretary of Defense following recommendations from the embassy in the country he is visiting, which is apparently what happened here.  

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sure YOU do, but that wasn’t the point being made. 

Then what was?  This started with BMan yet again blindly posting something he gets from some far right website without understanding.  The Secretary apparently followed policies of the host country. 

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sure YOU do, but that wasn’t the point being made. 

Face shields to help prevent ‘disaster for our nation’: Duterte

By Azer Parrocha  June 22, 2021, 12:57 am

Here’s an article from the Philippine press from last month about it.  I completely agree shields are over the top but apparently that is what is going on there.  So the questions I’d ask you are:

1. Given this does it make sense for the representative of our country to wear one?

2.  If the Secretary had not followed policies of the country where he was visiting, do you think that would have sent a positive or negative message to an ally in the region?

Edited by oldmanfan

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Face shields to help prevent ‘disaster for our nation’: Duterte

By Azer Parrocha  June 22, 2021, 12:57 am

Here’s an article from the Philippine press from last month about it.  I completely agree shields are over the top but apparently that is what is going on there.  So the questions I’d ask you are:

1. Given this does it make sense for the representative of our country to wear one?

2.  If the Secretary had not followed policies of the country where he was visiting, do you think that would have sent a positive or negative message to an ally in the region?

Oldman

It was already stated…look at the picture again…the guy greeting him isn’t wearing any of that. I can appreciate politeness as much as the next guy….but the point was whether this was projecting FEAR not politeness. That was before we went down the P.C. rabbit hole.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oldman

It was already stated…look at the picture again…the guy greeting him isn’t wearing any of that. I can appreciate politeness as much as the next guy….but the point was whether this was projecting FEAR not politeness. That was before we went down the P.C. rabbit hole.

No he’s not.  Apparently the requirements for the shields are indoors.  So are you now saying you would have been fine if the Secretary wore a mask and not a shield?  

For those saying he projected fear, that’s just ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No he’s not.  Apparently the requirements for the shields are indoors.  So are you now saying you would have been fine if the Secretary wore a mask and not a shield?  

For those saying he projected fear, that’s just ridiculous.  

Yep….that’s exactly what I’m saying. My job is done here. Feel free to keep living in fear. I’m not going to stop you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep….that’s exactly what I’m saying. My job is done here. Feel free to keep living in fear. I’m not going to stop you.

How does the Secretary of Defense doing what he did have a goddamned thing to do with me supposedly living in fear?  I am vaccinated and don’t wear a mask now because of the CDC recommendations.  I might in crowded areas based on their newer recommendation.  

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

2 simple questions...forgive me if I’m a little slow...

(1) Why mandate vaccination if it doesn’t work against the Delta variant?

(2) And if it does work against Delta, why mandate masks for the vaccinated?

1.) The mRNA vaccines work amazingly well against any variant thrown at it so far.  These vaccines should be celebrated as an amazing scientific achievement.

2.)  They can't let this thing go and they think we're idiots.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Seatbelt laws infringe on my freedom.  Why should the government decide what’s best for me?

I believe the law regarding seat belt usage vary from state to state, and a quick google search indicated NH does not require seat belt use for adults ina vehicle.  So, I’d say there are definitely people who feel that seat belt laws infringe upon their freedom, and they resist governmental intervention regardless of how well intentioned the law is 

But, are you advocating the seat belt model with respect to mandatory vaccination?  State specific?  

That’s an interesting take.  It seems in cases where there are laws, the govt infringes only on those folks in the highest risk category—those on vehicles.  That is to say, there are no seatbelt rules for the living room couch, bathroom or office chair.  Seatbelts are not required on motorcycles, ATVs, golf carts and the like.  If you don’t drive a car or ride as a passenger, you’re free to do as you please. 

So, in this case, the government identifies the highest risk category for COVID and requires that those folks be vaccinated, assuming of course no underlying medical condition that would make the vaccine dangerous to the individual. 

That might work. 

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

My reading says the Phillipines requires face coverings.  I would rather the representatives of our government respect the rules of the country they visit vs. not, even if it seems like overkill.  I think the Phillipines should not require such extremes for vaccinated people.

Like Biden and his respect for the rule of law in the Ukraine.  

S**tlibs on Twitter showing how brainwashed by the media they are by attempting to mockingly make Don Jr’s “vax to vote” joke go #1 trending.  

They truly believe that it’s just MAGA folks not getting vaccinated.  

Any modicum of self-education or independent research would show them that some of the highest numbers of unvaxxed reside in inner cities and amongst the black community.  

These people literally just regurgitate anything told to them by CNN/MSNBC.  

An entire generation of white liberals that have no clue how to form an independent thought.