DeSantis For President in 2024?

12 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Biden will finish his term short of a significant health problem.  She'd otherwise get slaughtered in a re-election bid IMO.  She can't win the nomination in 2024 either IMO.  She's served her purpose which was to check a box in 2020.  She's Peter-Principled out. 

I just can’t see how they don’t run her after selecting her as VP. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I just can’t see how they don’t run her after selecting her as VP. 

Yup.  And if they try to replace her, what excuse do they use?  She can't win because she's a woman?  She's black?  She's incompetent?

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  And if they try to replace her, what excuse do they use?  She can't win because she's a woman?  She's black?  She's incompetent?

My guess is they will have to very quietly strong arm her to bow out on her own accord.  Who knows they might have already made the deal that she can get VP if she accepts that’s end of the line. 

Funny thing about ambitious people though… 

will be fun listening to the virtuous left  try to Lib’splain that one. 

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My guess is they will have to very quietly strong arm her to bow out on her own accord.  Who knows they might have already made the deal that she can get VP if she accepts that’s end of the line. 

Even if they strong arm her out, it will still be bad optics if they replace her with a white woman, much less man, even if he/she chooses a VP of color.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No one needs to strong arm her at all. I’m sure she intends to run and voter’s will choose someone else. Not all that complicated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

No one needs to strong arm her at all. I’m sure she intends to run and voter’s will choose someone else. Not all that complicated.

Agree, although the party puts its' thumb heavily on the scale.  Without the party Bernie may have been the nominee this time around.  Bernie had high negatives like Trump and maybe Bernie wouldn't have cooperated with the stay in your basement we'll cheat you over the finish line as readily as Joe. 

Edited by keepthefaith

10 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree, although the party puts its' thumb heavily on the scale.  Without the party Bernie may have been the nominee this time around.  Bernie had high negatives like Trump and maybe Bernie wouldn't have cooperated with the stay in your basement we'll cheat you over the finish line as readily as Joe. 

At some point you gotta win states so the party can only do so much. Bernie always had a problem with old people and African American voters. They were very aware of that and did improve with AA, but it was never going to be enough once that Clyburn endorsement rolled in.

I don’t really see Kamala winning anything other than her home state unless she became a totally different candidate than she is today.

I definitely think Whitmer is ready for VP.

Biden was very lucky. All he had to do was be himself. He knew that his usually silly gaffes, ones that used to derail his previous campaigns, were never going to rise above what the blabbering orange idiot was doing each day. There’s no doubt in my mind that that’s the reason he ran.

They ran a very vanilla, textbook campaign to perfection. I was very impressed with Biden and his team for the exception of North Carolina. I thought they should’ve spent more money there. I would like to some day find out what the thinking was there.

Basically, what helped Trump win the first time, killed him the second time.

Edited by Governor

Yep.  Calls into question "cases!" nationwide.  We're long past calling things into question.   

Per the FDOH cases were 15,319.  

3 day average of 18K.  

But 28K sounds so much scarier.   

Sham.  Whole thing is a sham.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Governor said:

At some point you gotta win states so the party can only do so much. Bernie always had a problem with old people and African American voters. They were very aware of that and did improve with AA, but it was never going to be enough once that Clyburn endorsement rolled in.

I don’t really see Kamala winning anything other than her home state unless she became a totally different candidate than she is today.

I definitely think Whitmer is ready for VP.

Biden was very lucky. All he had to do was be himself. He knew that his usually silly gaffes, ones that used to derail his previous campaigns, were never going to rise above what the blabbering orange idiot was doing each day. There’s no doubt in my mind that that’s the reason he ran.

They ran a very vanilla, textbook campaign to perfection. I was very impressed with Biden and his team for the exception of North Carolina. I thought they should’ve spent more money there. I would like to some day find out what the thinking was there.

Basically, what helped Trump win the first time, killed him the second time.

Wuhan virus got Trump elected?  :blink:

1 hour ago, Governor said:

"Fauci me harder!”

Florida requests 300 ventilators from federal government as COVID cases keep rising

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/09/florida-sets-another-covid-case-record-as-hospitals-face-sheer-exhaustion/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"......according to a Department of Health and Human Services planning document obtained by ABC News."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What ventilators? Lol.

“I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he said. “I would honestly doubt that that’s true, but I’ll look. We have a lot of stuff that we stockpiled over the last year and a half through the department of emergency management. I have not had any requests across my desk. I haven’t been notified of that.”

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You know for all the whining about my links, at least I put them there.

The last 2 or 3 that you and Billzy  and others, have (supposed) direct quotes, but no link.

It would make your posts more believable.

Scroll up then.

41 minutes ago, Governor said:

What ventilators? Lol.

“I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he said. “I would honestly doubt that that’s true, but I’ll look. We have a lot of stuff that we stockpiled over the last year and a half through the department of emergency management. I have not had any requests across my desk. I haven’t been notified of that.”

Now this is funny. Billy Boy (aka Twit for Brains) posted a Twit’s Tweet saying he begged for ventilators. 😂

Notice Secretary Circle Back's choice of words here:

“If you’re not interested in following the public health guidelines to protect the lives of people in your state to give parents some comfort as they’re sending their kids to school, schools are opening in Florida this week I know in many parts of Florida, then get out of the way and let public officials, let local officials do their job to keep students safe,” she said. “This is serious, and we’re talking about people’s lives.”

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/10/jen-psaki-slams-ron-desantis-threat-withhold-salaries/

Lol.  

Sure Jenn.  You follow "the State." 

America's governor will follow the science.

And thank you once again for your de facto admission everyone could have been in school safely in 2020 had we all just worn face diapers.  

8 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Trump-DeSantis MAGA II 2024

Yes please! The Dems automatically would win Florida in that case, which means the election as well.

If you actually read the constitution, 12th Amendment:

“The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

So the Florida electors could not select a Trump-Desantis ticket unless Trump was willing to move his residence.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yes please! The Dems automatically would win Florida in that case, which means the election as well.

“The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

So the Florida electors could not select a Trump-Desantis ticket unless Trump was willing to move his residence.

You are correct but seeing as Trump has multiple properties all over the country he can just change his address and the problem is solved. It was put in to ensure that there was not a situation where each state picked there own and we had the winner just be from the biggest state. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are correct but seeing as Trump has multiple properties all over the country he can just change his address and the problem is solved. It was put in to ensure that there was not a situation where each state picked there own and we had the winner just be from the biggest state. 

Just changing your mailing address doesn’t change your residency though. He would actually need to move out of Mar-A-Largo and whatever residency laws are in such state that he moves to and that 0 percent Florida state tax.

A superficial move wouldn’t change his residency.

As Trump too, it's pretty known where he is:

BQV4E43PWNH25CDENINUTAEHPM.jpg&w=916

We all know Florida is his desired location as seen from the above graph.

Edited by Backintheday544

5 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Just changing your mailing address doesn’t change your residency though. He would actually need to move out of Mar-A-Largo and whatever residency laws are in such state that he moves to and that 0 percent Florida state tax.

Correct. He could possibly move it to his golf course in NJ (5 minutes from me) but he’s got other issues.

He could never be on the ballot in NJ and many other states without first releasing his taxes.

29 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

He could move to Texas, and all problems solved. You are pretending like all of this would not be worked out before they got together for the ticket.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He could move to Texas, and all problems solved. You are pretending like all of this would not be worked out before they got together for the ticket.

It could. But a couple issues: 1) it would restrict how much Trump could go to Mar-A-Largo, he won’t like that, 2) if Trumps forced to move it makes him look even more like a beta, especially moving an not having his VP move, 3) I thought Republicans didn’t like when politicians move states just for politics like Hilary moving to NY?

Honestly I think 1 keeps a Trump-DeSantis from happening. This isn’t like Bush-Chaney where Chaney moved to Wyoming.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It could. But a couple issues: 1) it would restrict how much Trump could go to Mar-A-Largo, he won’t like that, 2) if Trumps forced to move it makes him look even more like a beta, especially moving an not having his VP move, 3) I thought Republicans didn’t like when politicians move states just for politics like Hilary moving to NY?

Honestly I think 1 keeps a Trump-DeSantis from happening. This isn’t like Bush-Chaney where Chaney moved to Wyoming.

You are a tool- you came up with a scenario, created the problem, when problem was easily solved with 12 seconds of thought you created a problem that is in direct opposition to your original scenario. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are a tool- you came up with a scenario, created the problem, when problem was easily solved with 12 seconds of thought you created a problem that is in direct opposition to your original scenario. 

its the constitution. I didn’t create the problem the 12th amendment did.

Do you really think Trump will move out of Mar-A-Largo vs just picking a different running mate?

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Do you really think Trump will move out of Mar-A-Largo vs just picking a different running mate?

Do you think they will not have a plan before being on the same ticket? The original scenario was them on same ticket, the second scenario requires them not to be on same ticket. This is the definition of mutually exclusive events and you need them to both happen to make this conversation work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

He could just make his main residence NY...

24 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It's ok... you guys better stock up on tissues, you're looking at Trump-DeSantis in 2024 and DeSantis as president for 8 years after.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Do you think they will not have a plan before being on the same ticket? The original scenario was them on same ticket, the second scenario requires them not to be on same ticket. This is the definition of mutually exclusive events and you need them to both happen to make this conversation work.

It’s fun to think about but that ticket will never happen. DeSantis would never agree to be VP unless he wanted his career to be over like Pence. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1