DeSantis For President in 2024?

33 minutes ago, John Adams said:

The blue states may value that freedom too. They are just making better use of their freedom regarding vaccines and caring for their vulnerable population. 

Freedom regarding vaccines. 😂

I would imagine a vast majority got the vaccine to protect their own hides and could give two rips about their vulnerable populations. 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Freedom regarding vaccines. 😂

I would imagine a vast majority got the vaccine to protect their own hides and could give two rips about their vulnerable populations. 

Further proof you’re a tool. 

My family and I are at virtually no risk, have zero fear of the Covid for ourselves, followed local rules just to not be *****, hate all Covid restrictions, and got vaccinated because it was the responsible thing to do. Lots like us. 

Plenty of morans like you too. 

9 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Further proof you’re a tool. 

My family and I are at virtually no risk, have zero fear of the Covid for ourselves, followed local rules just to not be *****, hate all Covid restrictions, and got vaccinated because it was the responsible thing to do. Lots like us. 

Plenty of morans like you too. 

Good for you. I’m happy you’re happy you and your family feel you’re safe. 

I have no fear of COVID either.  

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Good for you. I’m happy you’re happy you and your family feel you’re safe. 

I have no fear of COVID either.  

But unlike vaccinated people, you remain an open conduit to spread it and risk going to the hospital if you catch it. Moran. 

Staff at a Florida hospital say they are hearing panic, fear and regret from unvaccinated Covid-19 patients

"We're getting ready to intubate the patient, which means putting them on a ventilator, and they said, 'If I get the vaccine now, could I not go on the ventilator?' So, they're begging for it," Chief Nursing Officer Tammy Daniel told CNN. "They're desperate because they are gasping for air, they can't breathe, they are scared, they feel like they're going to pass away. "

But by then, they are too late for a vaccine to stop their infection.
Baptist Medical Center has seen its Covid-19 patient numbers multiplying every day, Daniel said. "We can't open up beds fast enough to meet the demand," she said.

The surge is overwhelming Baptist Medical Center, where 389 patients are being treated for Covid-19 -- an increase of about 50% from a week ago. Of the new patients, 83 are on ventilators, fighting to survive.

More than 99% of those patients aren't vaccinated and the average age is around 50 years old, said CEO of Baptist Health Michael Mayo.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/26/us/florida-coronavirus-hospital-surge/index.html  

In these 2 states, every county is listed as 'high transmission' for Covid-19

Florida and Arkansas currently share a grim distinction when it comes to the spread of the coronavirus.

Every one of the two states' counties is now listed as having "high" levels of community transmission, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/26/health/florida-arkansas-high-covid-19-transmission/index.html

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-desantis-school-masks-meeting-20210727-oz3qurbc6zc6fhe43mj3plrtbu-story.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking News&utm_content=3701627396601#nws=true

The quality of the Orlando Sentinel. They called his meeting "secret" because the press was not make aware of it until it had finished. They have a transcript and even those against DeSantis decision agree what happened. They seem confused on why the guy keeps cutting them out of the loop after they have lied about him so many times 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Bottom 14 Vaccinated States voted for Trump.

Top 21 States voted for Biden.

Rate of Coincidence? ZERO %

Florida, under DuhSandArse is out of control, now! 

Cool story.  

Apply this to the President that doesn't take any responsibility here whatsoever for the data vaccine zealots care about.  

Maybe just maybe the blue state utopias like California and New York can show all the things they can do now that they *checks notes* have the same vaccination rates as Florida.  

Maybe the holdouts know (oh and it's going to be so much worse when we get to January and the schools start debating mandatory vaccines before the masks can come off) that getting vaccinated doesn't change anything.

More protocols

More mitigation 

Indefinitely.

I said this in March and was mocked "BB thinks they're going to make us wear masks forever."  Lolol

How many variants of concern between now and January (I use January bc that's 'anticipated' FDA approval Maybe).  

Then more breakthrough cases!   So much can happen going into electoral season 2022 and year 3 of mitigation.  

All in this together tho...

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Yes but how many of those were legal votes?

60 court cases said they were legal , including the Supreme Court that McConnell and Trump packed with 3 of their choice, by eliminating the 60 vote rule.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

60 court cases said they were legal , including the Supreme Court that McConnell and Trump packed with 3 of their choice, by eliminating the 60 vote rule.

You got eyes in your head, you can see the election was a total farce just like I can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I can't get my arms around how Biden could screw this up so badly and quickly.  I thought it might take a year or two to completely destroy the countrly but he has exceeded expectations.  He (or whoever is really running the Executvie Branch) has totally failed at getting the country vaccinated.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

I can't get my arms around how Biden could screw this up so badly and quickly.  I thought it might take a year or two to completely destroy the countrly but he has exceeded expectations.  He (or whoever is really running the Executvie Branch) has totally failed at getting the country vaccinated.  What a mess.  

The FDA  still keeping the vaccines at emergency use authorization vs approval is holding up mandating vaccine use.

9 hours ago, John Adams said:

But unlike vaccinated people, you remain an open conduit to spread it and risk going to the hospital if you catch it. Moran. 

I risk ending up in the hospital every day I leave my house.  Actually every day i wake up.  

If those fear those that are unvaccinated (it is a voluntary requirement still no?) they can protect themselves.  

And I hate to break it to you but vaccinated people can spread the virus too.  

12 hours ago, John Adams said:

Why do you care?

I’m unlikely to get my young kids vaccinated either, not for a very long time…

why? Because the technology used to develop the vaccine may or may not have long term developmental effects. no one knows. 

if the tech is so awesome why has it failed to bring another single vaccine to market in the two decades they have tried? 

I certainly took my moderna’s as a risk decision and made sure I took a different one then my wife.

Why, because science.  You only ‘know’ what the data you have tells you.