DeSantis For President in 2024?

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Not just mortality but long term damage from covid survivors for some. I still blame unvaccinated those over 12 for this terrible problem continuing .

Long-term lung damage won't be known for years.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

“Doc” is a bit testy this morning (or triggered, if you will).  He doesn’t like people pointing out that he follows junk science. 

LOL.  No.  I knew I was right all along and the recently-released (and properly done) study was vindication.  Too bad it's too little too late.  I hope you and your pathetic ilk are happy.

Edited by Doc

CNN top story today is that 4 Florida teachers died of covid this past week, at least 3 unvaccinated.  

Schools don’t open until next week.  

What the term for manipulative truth meant to convey a false reality?…. Oh yea, misinformation. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

“Doc” is a bit testy this morning (or triggered, if you will).  He doesn’t like people pointing out that he follows junk science. 

He should be happy today. Trump gets reinstated today. Yup, today is the day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Long-term lung damage won't be known for years.

LOL.  No.  I knew I was right all along and the recently-released (and properly done) study was vindication.  Too bad it's too little too late.  I hope you and your pathetic ilk are happy.

Rule #2, please. 

I’m not done with you DeSantis. Just taking a break.

Why were some of you saying that NJ was worse than Florida? NJ has 26k deaths and Florida has over 40k. Over 1000 just this past week compared to almost none in NJ. Per capita is a useless metric at this stage of the game.

Really, the only numbers we should be looking at now are cases and deaths over the last month, 3 months, and 6 months to gauge which states have a handle on it.

Edited by Governor

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/nearly-5600-hillsborough-co-students-in-quarantine-emergency-school-board-meeting-called-for-wednesday/

“As of 7 a.m., Monday, 5,599 students and 316 employees in Hillsborough County Public Schools are in isolation or quarantine. Isolation refers to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 while quarantine refers to those who have had close contact with a positive case. “

• Shocked 1

He's in the populist wing of the Republican Party, so he's a strong candidate to win his party's nomination in 2024.  If he picks someone like Senator Scott or Nikki Haley to be his running mate, he'll neutralize the inevitable charges of racism the Democrats will level at him.  Based on Biden's performance to date, I don't think he has any chance of winning a second term, even if he were to run again.   The Democrats could very well put up someone from the populist wing of their own party which would make for a very interesting and very ugly election. 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Governor said:

Why were some of you saying that NJ was worse than Florida? NJ has 26k deaths and Florida has over 40k. Over 1000 just this past week compared to almost none in NJ. Per capita is a useless metric at this stage of the game.

Really, the only numbers we should be looking at now are cases and deaths over the last month, 3 months, and 6 months to gauge which states have a handle on it.

26k vs 40k??? Wow that’s extremely awful for NJ given Florida has nearly 3 times the population and way higher elderly/vulnerable distribution.

so twice as likely to be dead from covid if you live in America’s deadliest covid state per Capita. Unbelievable. I’d understand why a resident there would dismiss such a basic standard measure. It doesn’t fit your narrative. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

He's in the populist wing of the Republican Party, so he's a strong candidate to win his party's nomination in 2024.  If he picks someone like Senator Scott or Nikki Haley to be his running mate, he'll neutralize the inevitable charges of racism the Democrats will level at him.  Based on Biden's performance to date, I don't think he has any chance of winning a second term, even if he were to run again.   The Democrats could very well put up someone from the populist wing of their own party which would make for a very interesting and very ugly election. 

Joey only got elected because people thought he'd do a better job with Wuhan virus.  Since he's proven that no one would have done any better, there's zero chance he gets re-elected, again if by some miracle he were somehow able to make it to 2024 without being a drooling vegetable.  

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Joey only got elected because people thought he'd do a better job with Wuhan virus.  Since he's proven that no one would have done any better, there's zero chance he gets re-elected, again if by some miracle he were somehow able to make it to 2024 without being a drooling vegetable.  

While it’s a fact he’s blown the covid recovery with vaccines in hand, and we about to see everything shut down AGAIN… and all the other crises, there are still a few very powerful overriding forces. 

1) extreme and growing mainstream and social media bias and nearly ubiquitous narrative control 

2) if they can’t pass HR to federalize elections and Foster ballot harvesting, covid wave X^n may be the ticket. 
3) on demand culture war they can ramp up at anytime 

4) Trump won’t get out of the way

That’s the reality of what you Rs are up against. 

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

While it’s a fact he’s blown the covid recovery with vaccines in hand, and we about to see everything shut down AGAIN… and all the other crises, there are still a few very powerful overriding forces. 

1) extreme and growing mainstream and social media bias and nearly ubiquitous narrative control 

2) if they can’t pass HR to federalize elections and Foster ballot harvesting, covid wave X^n may be the ticket. 
3) on demand culture war they can ramp up at anytime 

4) Trump won’t get out of the way

That’s the reality of what you Rs are up against. 

I'm not an R.  And after 4 years of this, people will be ready to re-elect even Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not an R.  And after 4 years of this, people will be ready to re-elect even Trump.

Sorry about calling you a party. Poor assumption. 

Trump is just such an overtly awful human being. 

We need some kind of balance of power restored, but please anyone but him. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why do you think he is an awful human being? Isn’t that a little harsh?

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

26k vs 40k??? Wow that’s extremely awful for NJ given Florida has nearly 3 times the population and way higher elderly/vulnerable distribution.

so twice as likely to be dead from covid if you live in America’s deadliest covid state per Capita. Unbelievable. I’d understand why a resident there would dismiss such a basic standard measure. It doesn’t fit your narrative. 

Your old narrative doesn’t really tell the story. If you did per capita over the last 3 months, Florida would obliterate NJ and you know that.

Almost time for boosters!

P.S. My parents signed the petition to recall DeSantis. Uh oh! He pissed off the old farts. 

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I'd rather Trump step aside but I'll take him over Joey or Kammy.  Both of whom I also consider awful human beings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Your old narrative doesn’t really tell the story. If you did per capita over the last 3 months, Florida would obliterate NJ and you know that.

Almost time for boosters!

P.S. My parents signed the petition to recall DeSantis. Uh oh! He pissed off the old farts. 

And still twice as safe as New Jersey overall and that’s just as New Jersey seasonality is starting to kick in. Cases there already 5 times what is was this time last year. 

Good for them. Geeze if they are moved to sign that you better find the recall Phil Murphy one. You get a free ‘save Jersey fire Murphy shirt. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And still twice as safe as New Jersey overall and that’s just as New Jersey seasonality is starting to kick in. Cases there already 5 times what is was this time last year. 

Good for them. Geeze if they are moved to sign that you better find the recall Phil Murphy one. You get a free ‘save Jersey fire Murphy shirt. 

Things like "per capita" is a difficult concept for them.

What in the world are they doing down there? 8400 in the first week? I thought they weren’t quarantining kids anymore. Is every school district doing it differently?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-hillsborough/nearly-5-600-hillsborough-students-isolated-or-quarantined-one-week-into-school-year

Why don’t they just make every kid bring a negative test with them on the first day? This is kinda stupid.

If Florida has another week like that, it’s gonna to spook the other states to start virtual. They need to get a handle on this.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Why don’t they just make every kid bring a negative test with them on the first day? This is kinda stupid.

If Florida has another week like that, it’s gonna to spook the other states to start virtual. They need to get a handle on this.

Every other state is going to go through this. Except maybe Vermont. They seem to be into vaccination. 

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Every other state is going to go through this. Except maybe Vermont. They seem to be into vaccination. 

I’m pretty sure what’s happening in Tampa won’t happen here in the first week. These Florida kids are missing school too. There’s no virtual option.

We aren’t going to have a bad cold season unless it’s some other variant. School doesn’t start until next Monday.

They should at least rapid test the kids on the first day, send them right back home, and start the following day so they don’t have to close from an outbreak.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I’m pretty sure what’s happening in Tampa won’t happen here in the first week. These Florida kids are missing school too. There’s no virtual option.

We aren’t going to have a bad cold season unless it’s some other variant. School doesn’t start until next Monday.

They should at least rapid test the kids on the first day, send them right back home, and start the following day so they don’t have to close from an outbreak.

Case rates are already accelerating rapidly in the northeast. The wave that hit the southern states who were all hunkered down inside, out of the heat will continue accelerating through the fall, exactly like last year. Jersey is already 5 tine worst than last year at this time. Winter is coming… 

rapid tests are useless 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Case rates are already accelerating rapidly in the northeast. The wave that hit the southern states who were all hunkered down inside, out of the heat will continue accelerating through the fall, exactly like last year. Jersey is already 5 tine worst than last year at this time. Winter is coming… 

rapid tests are useless 

Delta is peaking right now. It’s probably not going to be here for the holiday season. It doesn’t get cold here for another 3 months. We have to make sure the DeSantis variant from Miami doesn’t make it up here. We only have like 1000 cases a day here right now. 

LOCK IT DOWN!

OH YEAH BABY!

It just seems really silly to me that we’re in school year 2 and they still have no idea how they’re going to keep them open. They didn’t learn a single thing.

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Delta is peaking right now. It’s probably not going to be here for the holiday season. It doesn’t get cold here for another 3 months. We have to make sure the DeSantis variant from Miami doesn’t make it up here. We only have like 1000 cases a day here right now. 

LOCK IT DOWN!

OH YEAH BABY!

It just seems really silly to me that we’re in school year 2 and they still have no idea how they’re going to keep them open. They didn’t learn a single thing.

I agree with that bit. If we all just wore those carbon filter masks for 3 weeks would this be over? 

1000 a day was a week ago it’s doubled now as it will for the next 12 weeks. That’s where the term viral came from. Delta is R4.

you’ll be back to 20-30k cases per day in 3-4 weeks. 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Governor said:

Why is per Capita useless?

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

rapid tests are useless 

Have you seen Wilmington, NC lately? Holy cow! I’m glad I got out of there. They just put the mask mandate in place. Your buddy in Southport is probably hating life. We don’t even have the mandate here yet. Every county in NJ is now red except for mine and the county I grew up in. See? I told you I knew what I was doing.

I still don’t know a single person that contracted Covid here in NJ. 

Must not deviate from the plan.

Edited by Governor

22 minutes ago, Governor said:

Have you seen Wilmington, NC lately? Holy cow! I’m glad I got out of there. They just put the mask mandate in place. Your buddy in Southport is probably hating life. We don’t even have the mandate here yet. Every county in NJ is now red except for mine and the county I grew up in. See? I told you I knew what I was doing.

You are either a hermit or a liar.  I live in NY and know at least a dozen people who live in NJ and have had covid.

22 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

You are either a hermit or a liar.  I live in NY and know at least a dozen people who live in NJ and have had covid.

Somehow, I don’t know any. I got here last October after the initial wave. I’m in Morris County. Everyone is vaccinated. Admittedly, I don’t have any Trumpers in my life. That purge happened years ago. Avoid those people and you won’t get it.

You probably know people from Hoboken or Jersey City where it hit hardest.

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Governor said:

It’s coming, order your masks on Amazon now before they are all gone. 

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Definitely a liar hermit… 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Somehow, I don’t know any. I got here last October after the initial wave. I’m in Morris County. Everyone is vaccinated. Admittedly, I don’t have any Trumpers in my life. That purge happened years ago. Avoid those people and you won’t get it.

Uh oh, Morris county is already 7x new case rate as last year this time. 

plan on eating your Tofurkey through a mask.  

It’s coming, order your masks on Amazon now before they are all gone. 

Definitely a liar hermit… 

Uh oh, Morris county is already 7x new case rate as last year this time. 

plan on eating your Tofurkey through a mask.  

I view Covid the same as I would privacy and my IT home network. No 1 layer of security is fail safe, so you add extra layers of security, and then you open up ports within the network to do the things you feel you must do, and then guard those open ports. Make it a challenge to not get cooties.

Edited by Governor

4 hours ago, Governor said:

I have never known a whack job liberal in real life, seems like you're all in moms basement,

on the computer, thank god.

• Like (+1) 1