DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Did 30 million people just visit extraordinarily rural Vermont?

I'll hang up and listen.   

No, it fell off precipitously after Ben & Jerry's stopped selling ice cream in the West Bank...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They're running out of time.  Full court press has been on him for almost 2 months over biology and standing up for parental choice.  He should find a way to implode the whole system go full charter.  

A teacher friend of mine is thru 2 weeks of school.  Has six 90 minute classes in an A/B block format.  3 classes each day.  She's done.  Can't breathe.  Cannot adequately do her job.  Has to be in it all day of course only break is 45 minute planning in her room daily and a 25 minute lunch.  

The problem she says is no one feels they can leave it down for 2 minutes.  Immediately on the kids for doing so and they can't either.  

It's pure insanity for theater and Optics.  They do absolutely nothing.  We are destroying these kids I'm so happy Press Sec Circle Back says her kid loves masks.  

It's so detrimental to education there is a reason only China does it.  We are an embarrassment.

Look at the UK Data the last 2 plus months now.  Delta is a severe flu.  We are hysterical for no reason.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

So, it appears that voters are warming up to Crist.

Fried’s numbers are also improving. I assume that’s because she’s being introduced to voters.

I’m not there so I don’t know. 

DeSantis probably has a 2 point lead today.

That’s not very good BTW for a guy that’s been on Fox each day and has all of this national attention.

Key takeaway:

DeSantis is consistently under 50 percent now and trending in the wrong direction.

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, Governor said:

That’s everyone on this board except for me. Are you revolting?

I get information from Twitter.  

I follow lib and con accounts.  

Libs follow only libs and get fake promoted by Jack along with their "trends."

Thus they think its real life.  

• Agree 2

mini-Trump went from future president to irrelevant Governor in 1 month’s time. I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before.

Disney World employees must be fully vaccinated by Oct. 22 to keep jobs after union deal

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-disney-covid-vaccine-mandate-union-workers-20210824-rn2t2vd7grfdfarggpthhwvtii-story.html

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

mini-Trump went from future president to irrelevant Governor in 1 month’s time. I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before.

Disney World employees must be fully vaccinated by Oct. 22 to keep jobs after union deal

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-disney-covid-vaccine-mandate-union-workers-20210824-rn2t2vd7grfdfarggpthhwvtii-story.html

Keep dreaming.  Only in your world will Joey's bungling of everything not stick to him, while Wuhan virus spikes across the country will only harm DeSantis, and long-term.

36 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m sure you’re right. You nailed Cuomo getting off scott free.  You seem to be really prescient in these matters.

14 hours ago, Governor said:

So, it appears that voters are warming up to Crist.

Fried’s numbers are also improving. I assume that’s because she’s being introduced to voters.

I’m not there so I don’t know. 

DeSantis probably has a 2 point lead today.

That’s not very good BTW for a guy that’s been on Fox each day and has all of this national attention.

Key takeaway:

DeSantis is consistently under 50 percent now and trending in the wrong direction.

DeSantis won by what 30,000 votes. FL has had more people die than that from COVID.

• Agree 1

I think times up lefties.  

President DeSantis:

Fauci: Early use of monoclonal antibodies can cut risk of hospitalization, death up to 85%

COVID-19 sufferers can reduce their risk of hospitalization and death by up to 85 percent if they receive monoclonal antibody treatments in the early stages of their illness, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday.

The White House chief medical adviser said that giving the lab-made antibodies to fight the virus before a patient is hospitalized can prevent the chances of severe illness by between 70 and 85 percent.

“It is important to emphasize that this must be done early in infection and not wait, of course, until a person is sick enough to be hospitalized,” Fauci said at a COVID-19 press briefing.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/24/fauci-early-use-of-monoclonal-antibodies-can-reduce-hospitalization-death/amp/

309488b9-92ba-4ffd-9c26-0fb9c4beaf76-mon

Yeah but it's dangerous.  DeSantis owns stock in it.  It's not a magic bullet...

I think it's pretty clear what their intentions are and have been since the start.

Edited by Doc

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

DeSantis won by what 30,000 votes. FL has had more people die than that from COVID.

Polling isn't that good for him either.  I think he's playing to the Republican presidential primaries with his policies rather than focusing on his reelection campaign for governor.  Whether it's for president or trying to run with Trump on the ticket as VP.

Ron DeSantis hit with brutal poll numbers as COVID-19 surges in Florida

New polling from Quinnipiac shows that Florida residents are broadly in favor of taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the mask mandates that DeSantis has tried banning in public schools.

Overall, 60 percent of Florida voters support school mask mandates, while just 36 percent are opposed.

DeSantis's policy of cutting off salaries of school leaders who defy his mask mandate ban, meanwhile, is even more politically toxic for the governor, as just 25 percent say the policy is a good idea while 69 percent say it's a bad idea.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Polling isn't that good for him either.  I think he's playing to the Republican presidential primaries with his policies rather than focusing on his reelection campaign for governor.  Whether it's for president or trying to run with Trump on the ticket as VP.

New polling from Quinnipiac shows that Florida residents are broadly in favor of taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the mask mandates that DeSantis has tried banning in public schools.

Overall, 60 percent of Florida voters support school mask mandates, while just 36 percent are opposed.

DeSantis's policy of cutting off salaries of school leaders who defy his mask mandate ban, meanwhile, is even more politically toxic for the governor, as just 25 percent say the policy is a good idea while 69 percent say it's a bad idea.

And that’s really sad that this guy is playing with the lives of kids for political gain.

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure you’re right. You nailed Cuomo getting off scott free.  You seem to be really prescient in these matters.

Off topic but the last 2 weeks nfl network has been telling me that the Bills game is coming on and then it switches to some other crappy game, so I went to my go-to streaming site.

As I was watching, I realized that I’ve been using that site for over 20 years now. Dozens of other sites have come and gone and that one is still running. Isn’t that crazy?

What is the best “pay” option for streaming these days?

Edited by Governor

27 minutes ago, Governor said:

Off topic but the last 2 weeks nfl network has been telling me that the Bills game is coming on and then it switches to some other crappy game, so I went to my go-to streaming site.

As I was watching, I realized that I’ve been using that site for over 20 years now. Dozens of other sites have come and gone and that one is still running. Isn’t that crazy?

NFL Sunday Ticket with a college student email and a 20% discount code.  It's less than $100.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Odd.   Strangely odd.   

2 months of "Florida is dying because of DeSantis" and a sham rigged (got the answers they wanted by question design) poll that asks about masks and vaccines shows support for masks and vaccines.

And no mention of overall job approval?

Interesting.  I wonder why.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Odd.   Strangely odd.   

2 months of "Florida is dying because of DeSantis" and a sham rigged (got the answers they wanted by question design) poll that asks about masks and vaccines shows support for masks and vaccines.

The next reliable poll that comes out will probably have him sitting around 44 percent.

He definitely overplayed his hand and misread the electorate. His team should be fired. These are ALL self-inflicted wounds.

After looking at this morning’s polls, Biden is around 45 percent approval. That’s actually really good considering the media slaughter he endured. Rasmussen has him at 44 and others have him at 46.

Edited by Governor

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think so.  Just plug in your/his/her email address and see.

You need school ID as well (scanned and emailed). Not hard to fake obviously but that's all you have to do. My daughter has the ticket at college for Bills games. 

The day the DirecTV monopoly ends will be a good day. I qualify for Sunday Ticket over the Internet because trees block our view of the satellites thankfully. But convincing DirecTV of that was a massive pain in the ass. 

27 minutes ago, Governor said:

The next reliable poll that comes out will probably have him sitting around 44 percent.

He definitely overplayed his hand and misread the electorate. His team should be fired. These are ALL self-inflicted wounds.

After looking at this morning’s polls, Biden is around 45 percent approval. That’s actually really good considering the media slaughter he endured. Rasmussen has him at 44 and others have him at 46.

So 45 for Xiden is good because of media slaughter.

100000x worse actual media slaughter of President DeSantis and 44 percent bad?  (Which he's not) 

Do you even listen to yourself?

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So 45 for Xiden is good because of media slaughter.

100000x worse actual media slaughter of President DeSantis and 44 percent bad?  (Which he's not) 

Do you even listen to yourself?

DeSantis did all of this to himself. None of it was necessary at all. Now he’s fallen into total irrelevancy and everyone pretends he isn’t even there.

Who is listening to DeSantis right now? Not the schools. Not Disney. Not the cruise lines. No one is.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Governor said:

for preseason I think it’s a nfl gamepass subscription. 

for regular season, as the Bills are better and getting more games it’s getting messy. 

you’ve got directv Sunday ticket for most, you need espn or maybe Amazon for Monday night, maybe NFLN for Thursday.  It’s getting really annoying that you can’t just subscribe to all the games…

directv also has silly restrictions that make it harder to steam Sunday ticket from what I hear to try and push tv subscribers, which I’m luck to be grandfathered around. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

DeSantis did all of this to himself. None of it was necessary at all. Now he’s fallen into total irrelevancy and everyone pretends he isn’t even there.

Who is listening to DeSantis right now? Not the schools. Not Disney. Not the cruise lines. No one is.

Lol none of the "leaders" in those fields mean a lick to Rengen-eRon.  

Thank you for your hourly check in on 47 tho.  

Exposed to COVID-19? You might qualify for antibody treatment before you test positive

CHARLOTTESVILLE — Recently, antibody treatment has gained more attention due to the Delta surge. It could be relevant here as cases climb.

They found it useful in Florida. As cases surged in Jacksonville, state-run Regeneron clinics were set up to knock out COVID-19 infections.

Normally given to patients positive for COVID-19 within the first 10 days, in clinical trials the infusion also benefited people as a prevention measure to reduce severe disease — for adults and older teens who had been exposed to someone with COVID.

https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/2021/08/25/regeneron-covid-19-monoclonal-antibody-treatment/5575939001/

desantis.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol none of the "leaders" in those fields mean a lick to Rengen-eRon.  

Thank you for your hourly check in on 46 tho.  

Exposed to COVID-19? You might qualify for antibody treatment before you test positive

CHARLOTTESVILLE — Recently, antibody treatment has gained more attention due to the Delta surge. It could be relevant here as cases climb.

They found it useful in Florida. As cases surged in Jacksonville, state-run Regeneron clinics were set up to knock out COVID-19 infections.

Normally given to patients positive for COVID-19 within the first 10 days, in clinical trials the infusion also benefited people as a prevention measure to reduce severe disease — for adults and older teens who had been exposed to someone with COVID.

https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/2021/08/25/regeneron-covid-19-monoclonal-antibody-treatment/5575939001/

desantis.jpg

I’ll never understand why you guys put all your eggs in his basket but I’m certainly enjoying it right now. 

What’s worse is that I warned everyone not to do it and you did anyway.

Gluttons for punishment.

50 minutes ago, Governor said:

DeSantis did all of this to himself. None of it was necessary at all.

This is true- he tried to be opportunistic and got the initial publicity, but then Delta numbers escalated so high it gave the MSM enough ammo to crucify him and even try to brand him as antivaxer etc. 

I sprt of felt like he didn’t seem dirty, slimy, elitist and corrupt enough to make it on the national stage. 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Odd.   Strangely odd.   

They didn't ask but there was this question when it came to Covid.  I'm guessing this is around his approval rating.  

While 41 percent say that Governor Ron DeSantis is helping efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Florida, 46 percent say he is hurting efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Twelve percent did not offer an opinion

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is true- he tried to be opportunistic and got the initial publicity, but then Delta numbers escalated so high it gave the MSM enough ammo to crucify him and even try to brand him as antivaxer etc. 

I sprt of felt like he didn’t seem dirty, slimy, elitist and corrupt enough to make it on the national stage. 

Maybe he doesn’t actually want to be on that stage. You guys elevated him to god status and maybe he knows he isn’t ready yet. He’s just raising money in the meantime.

Edited by Governor

Just now, Governor said:

Maybe he doesn’t actually want to be on that stage. You guys elevated him to god status and maybe he knows he isn’t ready yet.

Don’t ‘you guys’ me. Sure, I found him to be a breath of fresh air as he’s a politician under 70 that seems to have actually succeeded in life before politics, and speaks intelligently using multi syllable words. 

Enjoyed the obvious and embarrassing MSM and whitehouse contrived effort to take him down. 

but he’s not as corrupt enough to contend with the power mongers like Nancy Chuck Joe Mitch or even orange guy… 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Don’t ‘you guys’ me. Sure, I found him to be a breath of fresh air as he’s a politician under 70 that seems to have actually succeeded in life before politics, and speaks intelligently using multi syllable words. 

Enjoyed the obvious and embarrassing MSM and whitehouse contrived effort to take him down. 

but he’s not as corrupt enough to contend with the power mongers like Nancy Chuck Joe Mitch or even orange guy… 

We say “you guys” in NJ. There’s no ya’ll here. Sometimes we even say “you’s guys.”

IMO, the WH took it easy on him. They don’t really see him as a threat presently. If he totally clowns himself on Covid, then it can slightly drag Joe down with him, and Joe is just too nice.

If it were me, or Trump, we’d be slaughtering DeSantis right now. There’s blood in the water.

Edited by Governor

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They didn't ask but there was this question when it came to Covid.  I'm guessing this is around his approval rating.  

While 41 percent say that Governor Ron DeSantis is helping efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Florida, 46 percent say he is hurting efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Twelve percent did not offer an opinion

Lol and?

It's rigged and a ridiculous question.

It's not his job to slow biology.  

I wouldn't check "why yes he's definitely trying to "flatten the curve."

Did they ask any questions about preserving liberty and limiting government's involvement in my health care choices?

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

You need school ID as well (scanned and emailed). Not hard to fake obviously but that's all you have to do. My daughter has the ticket at college for Bills games. 

The day the DirecTV monopoly ends will be a good day. I qualify for Sunday Ticket over the Internet because trees block our view of the satellites thankfully. But convincing DirecTV of that was a massive pain in the ass. 

I tried to tell them that I rented my house, and my evil landlord wife wouldn't allow installation of a dish.  No avail, so I went to EBay.  Best $30 ever spent.

38 minutes ago, Governor said:

We say “you guys” in NJ. There’s no ya’ll here. Sometimes we even say “you’s guys.”

IMO, the WH took it easy on him. They don’t really see him as a threat presently. If he totally clowns himself on Covid, then it can slightly drag Joe down with him, and Joe is just too nice.

If it were me, or Trump, we’d be slaughtering DeSantis right now. There’s blood in the water.

I bet just about everyone in every other state in the us is glad they do t live in New Jersey…. How on earth did youze guyz manage to kill 300 out of every hundred thousand people there? Florida would need to keep their covid fatality rate where it is for a hundred more days to catch up. 

What’s the deal there? Poor medical system? Lots of anti maskers? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood