DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Desperate AF

I’ve always wondered why it wasn’t done sooner…And then I remembered- our government works with them to traffic drugs and children into the country…Apparently, the US is a very big consumer of both…😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tragic Kingdom: Disney+ Loses 300,000 Domestic Subscribers as Prices Keep Climbing, Flops Pile Up

The Disney+ streaming service lost 300,000 subscribers in the United States and Canada in the most recent quarter — an ominous sign for the studio as it continues to pour billions of dollars into new streaming content that is flopping with viewers.

To make matters worse for its fans, the Walt Disney Company is hiking Disney+’s monthly subscription price to $13.99 from $10.99 — a 27 percent increase. Last year, the price rose to $10.99 from $7.99, which means Disney+ subscribers will see their monthly bill climb a total of 75 percent in less than two years.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fentertainment%2F2023%2F08%2F09%2Ftragic-kingdom-disney-loses-300000-domestic-subscribers-as-prices-keep-climbing-flops-pile-up%2F

And NO new content due to the strikes because they all can be replaced by ChatGPT - it probably can write an actual man far better then the purple haired freaks that don’t write to entertain but rather to “fight the patriarchy.”

Balkanized entertainment baby.  I’m all here for it.  Hollywood is finished.  

And this fine governor of Florida showed the way.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

With DeSantis putting in work and Trump bringing the Florida cringelords with him to Iowa because he has no endorsements there.. this seems noteworthy. 

DeSantis needs to express the view that Trump is not electable in a 2024 general election.  Both his views and his personality are polarizing.  Democrats definitely won't cross over and most Independents find him objectionable.  As do many "traditional" Republicans.

Voting for Trump in the primaries just ensures Democratic control of the White House for another 4 years.  The country can't survive that outcome.

41 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

DeSantis needs to express the view that Trump is not electable in a 2024 general election.  Both his views and his personality are polarizing.  Democrats definitely won't cross over and most Independents find him objectionable.  As do many "traditional" Republicans.

Voting for Trump in the primaries just ensures Democratic control of the White House for another 4 years.  The country can't survive that outcome.

It doesn’t matter.  Trumps base is delusional .. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

The only thing DeSantis can do is erase the feeling of inevitability that Trump has.  DJT’s biggest influencers can’t debate on policy, so they mock and front run.  Get rid of the ability to do that and weaknesses in his foundation will begin to show. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think Trump wins the general if the Dems really do throw Biden up there again. The Independents I believe are going to swing back that way against Biden. I personally think either Biden or Trump is an unfortunate outcome for our country. 

What Trump has done brilliantly with the Conservatives is he's made this about the GOP "race" about personality, comedy, and essentially a show. DeSantis absolutely can not hang with Trump in that arena, even his biggest fans can probably admit that. Vivek has leaned into this but he'll fall short because he's so Pro-Trump that he really doesn't have a good answer for why those people should vote for him instead. What he does say is not nearly compelling enough for a Trump loyalist to change their vote. 

The general will be really close but I don't think the GOP is even in question. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think Trump wins the general if the Dems really do throw Biden up there again. The Independents I believe are going to swing back that way against Biden. I personally think either Biden or Trump is an unfortunate outcome for our country. 

What Trump has done brilliantly with the Conservatives is he's made this about the GOP "race" about personality, comedy, and essentially a show. DeSantis absolutely can not hang with Trump in that arena, even his biggest fans can probably admit that. Vivek has leaned into this but he'll fall short because he's so Pro-Trump that he really doesn't have a good answer for why those people should vote for him instead. What he does say is not nearly compelling enough for a Trump loyalist to change their vote. 

Yup.  

Personality vs Policy. 

Im in My 30’s.  DeSantis is the best conservative of my lifetime.   But he’s definitely a nerdy, more introverted type that’s forced to compete with a sociopathic rock star … and half the GOP base is obsessed with trolling, memes and crowd sizes, so…

• Like (+1) 2

Promise?! Democrat/Lefty parents threatening to leave Florida over 'Parental Rights' BACKFIRES

Say it ain't SO! Democrats are threatening to leave Florida over parents having rights? OH NO! Whatever will Florida do without a bunch of bossy, nosey, frothy-mouthed, groomers around to lecture people about why we should allow small children to destroy their bodies and sterilize themselves because they think they were born in the wrong body?! 

Seriously, they say this as if it's a bad thing.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/13/democrat-parents-threatening-to-leave-florida-over-parents-rights-n2386249

denzel-washington-door.gif

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Promise?! Democrat/Lefty parents threatening to leave Florida over 'Parental Rights' BACKFIRES

Say it ain't SO! Democrats are threatening to leave Florida over parents having rights? OH NO! Whatever will Florida do without a bunch of bossy, nosey, frothy-mouthed, groomers around to lecture people about why we should allow small children to destroy their bodies and sterilize themselves because they think they were born in the wrong body?! 

Seriously, they say this as if it's a bad thing.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/13/democrat-parents-threatening-to-leave-florida-over-parents-rights-n2386249

denzel-washington-door.gif

Just like all those people who threatened to move to Canada if Trump got elected. 

• Like (+1) 1

If DeSantis can't get the nomination in '24, hopefully he can hone his political edges for future nominations. I really like so many of his policies , the political winds are just swirling too much, with trump screwing everything up, in '24 for him to be able to get the nomination. 

Hopefully he learns alot and makes himself a better candidate for the future. 

Edited by TSOL
Sp
  • Like (+1) 3

The biggest threat to America - whether it understands this or not - isn’t a woks federal government.  It’s woke corporations in bed with said government. 

If only there was a guy in the race that understands this, knows how to fight them, and wins.  

…“To make matters worse for its fans, the Walt Disney Company is hiking Disney+’s monthly subscription price to $13.99 from $10.99 — a 27% increase. Last year, the price rose to $10.99 from $7.99, which means Disney+ subscribers will see their monthly bill climb a total of 75 percent in less than two years.

“The new price is set to take effect in October.”

Instead of addressing its own problems, Disney is blaming Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for this corporate clown show. The company actually is suing him over its troubles. The clueless press is solidly behind Disney.

New York magazine ran a story, “Disney Should Thank DeSantis for His Big Dumb Mouth. The biggest asset the lawsuit about political retaliation are his own words.”

Sure, Disney can get Ron to give them the $2.65 billion it needs to cover its impairments.

The press keeps making a big deal about Disney’s 75,000 employees in Florida.

10 million people have jobs in Florida. Disney is not even 1% of Florida’s employment base. 

Now, I have a solution for Disney. It should replace Iger with DeSantis because the governor has what Disney lost: decency. Plus, he’s young, virile and is happily married to a good-looking gal who beat cancer.

At least that’s his public image and image is everything. Disney needs to regain the trust of fathers and mothers because without an audience, there is no Disney.….

..And there is no guarantee mainstream moms and dads will return. Money is tight for the middle class. Today’s toddlers have Baby Shark and Cocomelonto entertain them. Who needs some dumb old mouse?

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/desantis-for-president-of-disney

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The biggest threat to America - whether it understands this or not - isn’t a woks federal government.  It’s woke corporations in bed with said government. 

If only there was a guy in the race that understands this, knows how to fight them, and wins.  

…“To make matters worse for its fans, the Walt Disney Company is hiking Disney+’s monthly subscription price to $13.99 from $10.99 — a 27% increase. Last year, the price rose to $10.99 from $7.99, which means Disney+ subscribers will see their monthly bill climb a total of 75 percent in less than two years.

“The new price is set to take effect in October.”

Instead of addressing its own problems, Disney is blaming Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for this corporate clown show. The company actually is suing him over its troubles. The clueless press is solidly behind Disney.

New York magazine ran a story, “Disney Should Thank DeSantis for His Big Dumb Mouth. The biggest asset the lawsuit about political retaliation are his own words.”

Sure, Disney can get Ron to give them the $2.65 billion it needs to cover its impairments.

The press keeps making a big deal about Disney’s 75,000 employees in Florida.

10 million people have jobs in Florida. Disney is not even 1% of Florida’s employment base. 

Now, I have a solution for Disney. It should replace Iger with DeSantis because the governor has what Disney lost: decency. Plus, he’s young, virile and is happily married to a good-looking gal who beat cancer.

At least that’s his public image and image is everything. Disney needs to regain the trust of fathers and mothers because without an audience, there is no Disney.….

..And there is no guarantee mainstream moms and dads will return. Money is tight for the middle class. Today’s toddlers have Baby Shark and Cocomelonto entertain them. Who needs some dumb old mouse?

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/desantis-for-president-of-disney

Iger can't simply jump ship away from what Chapek did. Disney is being sued for mismanagement and fraud, to admit DeSantis is right is to admit that the lawsuit is correct. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

As trump's trial proceeds, especially the televised parts, and his own staffers are testifying against him,  I think independents will walk away.  trump wins the primary tho unless he makes a deal not to run for immunity.

• Disagree 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:21 AM, JaCrispy said:

It’s to bad this guy doesn’t have a personality…

Best conservative leader I’ve seen so far in my lifetime.  

Also.. Awkward af. 

Our country votes in primaries on personality over policy and competence, then wonders why everything keeps getting worse.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

trump wins the primary tho unless he makes a deal not to run for immunity.

I don’t see any scenario where a state or Federal prosecutor can even offer that kind of a deal, or would offer it.

There is no “bartering.”  No amount of money or “goodwill” (ha!) will save Trump in these criminal trials.  He is the primary defendant in all of them, and I don’t see Fani Wills entertaining some kind of cooperation deal for Trump against Giuliani and others.  The 14th Amendment does have provisions against Trump holding office for specific crimes, but that would be argued before numerous courts for years.

The courts and lawyers will do their jobs, as will the voters to extricate this utter **** heel from our politics. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Ron DeSantis' Debate strategy memos have leaked.

He thinks he going to win by...hitting Vivek, not Trump, and by sharing emotional anecdotes.

This guy is ***** clueless. 

Vivek Ramaswamy shares 10 commandments of 2024 campaign, starts with 'God is real,' 'There are two genders'
Ramaswamy, a rising star among 2024 Republican candidates, currently polls behind Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-shares-10-commandments-2024-campaign-starts-god-real-two-genders

Another bad idea Ronny , keep it up

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

starts with 'God is real,

Which one?

I told you they'd go there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/17/us/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-desantis-documents.html

An opposition research memo suggests that Vivek Ramaswamy, who has been gaining on Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida in some polls, “was very much ingrained in India’s caste system.”

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Which one?

I told you they'd go there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/17/us/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-desantis-documents.html

An opposition research memo suggests that Vivek Ramaswamy, who has been gaining on Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida in some polls, “was very much ingrained in India’s caste system.”

Damn Pay wall. Like a Brahmin, or Kshatriya?

on a side note, its always interesting how these Moral fortune 500 companies promote diversity and inclusion. Do they try to implement those practices in their Indian factories/facilities?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Damn Pay wall. Like a Brahmin, or Kshatriya?

on a side note, its always interesting how these Moral fortune 500 companies promote diversity and inclusion. Do they try to implement those practices in their Indian factories/facilities?  

My grad school was full of Indian students, and I think we straight-up asked them if their factories follow the same principles as the corporate office. 

The response was "don't ask."