2021 Disaster QB Options

Ed Rutkowski?  Nope.

Davis Webb?  Nope.

Fromm Georgia?  Noppe.

The Seeker?  Yup.  Lots of college offense concepts migrate to the NFL, and there aren't many college programs more successful than LSU (just ask Tre White).  The Seeker can't get Covid, won't ever be late for practice, and won't eat itself off the roster like JaMarcus Russell (so OK, not all LSU QBs pan out at the NFL level - -but the Seeker don't eat - - it just throws).

https://sports.yahoo.com/robotic-quarterback-used-lsu-could-155955181.html

I've often said with the speed of the game increasing all around and coaching staffs spending all year working on new schemes and wrinkles defenses getting better all around, the league needs Stepford QB's.

Of course they'll want to eventually marry, but there's already an answer there for that.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

49 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I've often said with the speed of the game increasing all around and coaching staffs spending all year working on new schemes and wrinkles defenses getting better all around, the league needs Stepford QB's.

Of course they'll want to eventually marry, but there's already an answer there for that.

I'm not afraid to admit that I am old enough to get that ancient (1975) reference. For 10 bonus points identify the character that said "I love watching my women do little domestic chores."

48 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I'm not afraid to admit that I am old enough to get that ancient (1975) reference. For 10 bonus points identify the character that said "I love watching my women do little domestic chores."

While I remember the movie and the whole concept, eventually the one who fought it the most got converted, but don't recall any of the lines or even who was in it.  Guess I was too busy watching some of the characters in action.

I dont think "perfectly" thrown balls that come out exactly where they are supposed to be is an ideal for a receiver.  Until we have robots as QBs most balls in game time will not be anything close to perfectly thrown balls, I would rather have my receivers have the practice adjusting to imperfectly thrown balls.  Now if you just want to do the drills nd no QB available, sure why not.  

On 6/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Ed Rutkowski?  Nope.

Davis Webb?  Nope.

Fromm Georgia?  Noppe.

The Seeker?  Yup.  Lots of college offense concepts migrate to the NFL, and there aren't many college programs more successful than LSU (just ask Tre White).  The Seeker can't get Covid, won't ever be late for practice, and won't eat itself off the roster like JaMarcus Russell (so OK, not all LSU QBs pan out at the NFL level - -but the Seeker don't eat - - it just throws).

https://sports.yahoo.com/robotic-quarterback-used-lsu-could-155955181.html

Doesn't sound like a "Disaster QB Option" but it does sound like a useful WR training tool, especially for the guys at the bottom of the roster who don't get to work with the starter too often.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont think "perfectly" thrown balls that come out exactly where they are supposed to be is an ideal for a receiver.  Until we have robots as QBs most balls in game time will not be anything close to perfectly thrown balls, I would rather have my receivers have the practice adjusting to imperfectly thrown balls.  Now if you just want to do the drills nd no QB available, sure why not.  

I was thinking when I saw this story that it wouldn’t really be too useful for the Pats*, unless it could throw wildly inaccurate wobblers (Cam), or floaters that lose velocity, and drop out of the sky (Mac).

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Any QB but Josh will be a disaster

I disagree. Josh is already one of my all time favorites, right up there with Bruce Smith and Ruben Brown. He’s a special QB, if he keeps on doing what he’s doing, he’ll probably have a few rings and end up in the HOF. BUT I think Mitchell Trubisky will rebound and have a decent career. Will he ever be Josh? No. But I think he can be a solid starter that bounces around the league. New England should have nabbed him, Miami should have too. Better than Cam, better than Tua.

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I disagree. Josh is already one of my all time favorites, right up there with Bruce Smith and Ruben Brown. He’s a special QB, if he keeps on doing what he’s doing, he’ll probably have a few rings and end up in the HOF. BUT I think Mitchell Trubisky will rebound and have a decent career. Will he ever be Josh? No. But I think he can be a solid starter that bounces around the league. New England should have nabbed him, Miami should have too. Better than Cam, better than Tua.

i think the Bills are still a playoff team with Trubisky, not a favorite in the AFC anymore but not a below .500 either. He was 25-13 in his last 3 seasons with the Bears and I don't think they were better than the Bills as a team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, without a drought said:

i think the Bills are still a playoff team with Trubisky, not a favorite in the AFC anymore but not a below .500 either. He was 25-13 in his last 3 seasons with the Bears and I don't think they were better than the Bills as a team.

Oh, absolutely. I think Trubisky can keep us in it for 3-4 games if he has to. He isn’t a good QB, but a very quality game manager.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, without a drought said:

It's possible, but I for sure don't want to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He won't be rebounding with the Bills.  

The Bills don't get back to the AFCC game with Trubisky.  That's the disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Denver should have been all over it. Trading for Bridgewater to do the exact same thing the Chicago did a year ago with Foles was a losers move. If they had drafted Fields instead of trading for Bridgewater it makes sense not go after Trubisky. But Bridgewater sucks, he was so bad in Carolina they traded for Darnold who has been an incredible disappointment in the NFL.

I was shocked when Trubisky signed with the Bills. He wasn't great in Chicago, but he was not the problem on that team *cough* Nagy *Cough. I thought hed get another opportunity