Carl Nassib Announces He is Gay

42 minutes ago, Simon said:

No data for that could possibly exist. But of the 8-10 gay men I know, not a single one of them has ever showed the slightest interest in any sport.

I don't think it's pejorative to suggest that gay men are less interested in football or any other sport. It just seems like a general observation that holds up more often than not.

One kid on my son’s HS football team was a 285 lbs road grader of an offensive lineman. He was a beast, and my son benefited greatly. People tend to do what they can naturally do well. 

The same kid was also in the drama club and very talented there too. It was high school, and nobody thought much of it. They knew the deal. I hope we can be equally mature here. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

50 women watching me shower and thirsting over what I got sounds like something so amazing that I'm not sure I can completely fathom it.  I have no idea what this has to do with a gay man in a locker room full of other men and no clue what you're asking about BS, but for the record I love this scenario where 50 women desperately want me.

I'm telling your wife.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Why does this make the board? Is it a big deal these days? This isn’t 1984. I am sure a few of the Bills players past and present are as well. 

Yeah, nothing to see here.  Just the first active NFL player to come out gay in history.  The fact that it's 2021 and it's taken this long to happen sort of points to it being a big deal.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, nothing to see here.  Just the first active NFL player to come out gay in history.  The fact that it's 2021 and it's taken this long to happen sort of points to it being a big deal.

Well I learned something today. The NFL is wildly sadder than society as a whole. 

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

how could you possibly know this?

Cos the whole "make him shower on his own" take is a bit of a turn off. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There probably are.

The Bills have definitely had gay players in the past. Very likely there is one somewhere on the present roster.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

No data for that could possibly exist. But of the 8-10 gay men I know, not a single one of them has ever showed the slightest interest in any sport.

I don't think it's pejorative to suggest that gay men are less interested in football or any other sport. It just seems like a general observation that holds up more often than not.

It is a wild generalisation.

• Like (+1) 1

Yolo is right it shouldn’t be news, but it still is even today in a gladiator sport.  I’m happy he’s comfortable enough that he doesn’t care what people think and when eventually more players do the same, it will really be a non-news issue.

Im happy for him and I know real teammates Won’t make a thing of it like small minded people about the showers, etc..  Besides for anyone who showers at their gym to go to work from there, I have news for you.  Youve already showered with a gay man at some point in you’re life meaning the same great room.  I know most gyms now have personal showers, but you get the point.

4 hours ago, Simon said:

That could just as easily be that all the people you know who haven't come out play sports. Plus, there absolutely could be data on that, come on.

Also, how well do you know all 10 of these men? Like you talked at a party, or are they like close relatives that you're on good terms with?

His preference, his life. This really shouldn't be a story or that big of a deal honestly. I'm sure there have been numerous gay/bi football players at this point even though it wasn't broadcast. 

Well, since everyone seems to be coming out, I’ve decided to create my own gender, just to feel current...

My pronouns are now  “deep dish” and “extra crispy”...

For those unfamiliar with what those represent, it means that I identify as gender fluid/trans pizza...because some nights I feel like a pepperoni pie, and other nights I’m more sausage and mushroom...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, since everyone seems to be coming out, I’ve decided to create my own gender, just to feel current...

My pronouns are now  “deep dish” and “extra crispy”...

For those unfamiliar with what those represent, it means that I identify as gender fluid/trans pizza...because some nights I feel like a pepperoni pie, and other nights I’m more sausage and mushroom...😉

Stick to your day job.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Deep dish is where it's at btw.  Hate NYC style although this is pry the closest I've come to it....

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c7231d3c61d06b1e36

Detroit style all the way. Old Forge style is my close second.

• Like (+1) 1

As someone previously mentioned, it shouldn't even be news this day and age, but of course on the other hand it should as he is the first openly gay active football player in the NFL.   As much as I believe this is one of the first steps of acceptance of gay players in the NFL among their peers, unfortunately I don't think it will be smooth sailing for him.  I can't help but think that there will be unconscious behavioral differences on how some of his teammates will comport.  He'll sense them, I'm sure.   I imagine there will be some derogatory comments made towards him from fans and probably by some ignorant football players on the opposing team.

It was a brave thing that he did and I applaud him for it.

• Like (+1) 1