Carl Nassib Announces He is Gay

Just now, Jauronimo said:

And this worries you or are you just explaining to us the mechanics of homosexual attraction and where it may occur?

i could care less...just add another bathroom. I dont want 50+ members of the opposite sex watching me shower. do you? Espesially knowing they prefer what I got compared to the other gender. why play the bs? geronimoooooo!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

That's incredibly disrespectful to Jackie Robinson.

Not AT ALL, in my opinion. I never equated that the two were equal. I’m just pointing out that being first is difficult, and that the other poster failed to recognize that.  It is an important event in the story of the sport and our world. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

i could care less...just add another bathroom. I dont want 50+ members of the opposite sex watching me shower. do you? Espesially knowing they prefer what I got compared to the other gender. why play the bs? geronimoooooo!!!!!

But he isn't of the opposite sex. He is of the same sex. And believe me - Carl Nassib ain't in the slightest bit interested in what you have got fella.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

50 women watching me shower and thirsting over what I got sounds like something so amazing that I'm not sure I can completely fathom it.  I have no idea what this has to do with a gay man in a locker room full of other men and no clue what you're asking about BS, but for the record I love this scenario where 50 women desperately want me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Whatever...shudder away. My point is, if you have one member openly seeking the opposite sex, within the confines of showering together, it MIGHT happen. an attraction at the very least. Is that mathematically improbable??

Maybe, like the other 52 players, he just wants a wash?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chewmylegoff said:

Gay men have been using the same gym changing rooms and showers as straight men since…well forever, and it doesn’t seem to have resulted in a problem.  I’m not sure why an NFL locker room environment would be any different…

(not my opinion) but because you threaten the NFL because of homophobia.

"this is a mans league and men don't like other men.  They like beer and guns and Rambo and women". (in that order).

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

{Mitch Trubisky sings Breakfast at Tiffanys to Dablitzkrieg}:

And as I recall I think, we both kind of liked it
And I said well that's, the one thing we've got

And you'll say we got nothing in common

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Carl Nassib is a man.  His teammates are men.  Carl has showered with other men after football games and practices for years.  Do you think coming out publicly means hes going to all of sudden start getting physically aroused by his teammates?

This is exactly the reason coming out is huge for an NFL player. We live in a society that traditionally expects lies for the sake of making others comfortable, when the person forced to live the lie is doing nothing to hurt others. Our sense of “morality” has never been about living the prescribed way, rather just telling people you live the prescribed life for sake of show. We all benefit from a world with more honesty, and respect for staying true to oneself. Nassib being real about who he is does nothing to change the lives of his teammates. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Played Carl. His "meaning to do this for a while but finally feel comfortable" is something a lot of gay and bisexual people feel. The journey from: I don't want people to know, to I don't care if they do, to I am actively going to tell them, is different for everyone. 

Hope he has found or finds a guy that makes him happy.

I hope there isn't a sad story behind the timing here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Another Fan said:

Very happy for him.  Everybody should get to live comfortably with who they are without judgment.

But I'll be honest once I hadn't heard of or can't remember him before this headline 

If you watched the Browns Hard Knocks season, he was the one who taught the team about the rule of 72/compound interest 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you watched the Browns Hard Knocks season, he was the one who taught the team about the rule of 72/compound interest 

He was. And after flaming out with the Browns as a day 2 pick he had a couple of nice years with Tampa. 

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Got a notification about it from the Athletic, clicked on it went to the comments....i was shocked by the amount of comments that had been flagged and removed

Speaking on behalf of the TBD Mod Crew, we're, ah, Not Even A Bit Surprised

My favorite:

"If someone coming out makes you angry, you just might be an #######."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1