Who did you want when the Bills were on the clock in the 1st round?

No_Matter_What

Who did you want in the 1st round when the Bills were on the clock?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you want in the 1st round when Bills were on the clock?

• Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    • Gregory Rousseau
    • Trevon Moehrig
    • Christian Barmore
    • Teven Jenkins
    • CB (Samuel, Campbell)
    • WR (Marshall, E. Moore, R. Moore)
    • other DE (Olujari/Oweh/Ossai/Tryon)
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2022 at 10:20 AM

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

My heart wanted Elijah Moore, but I’m happy with Rous. 

Good lord, that sounds like a line from 'Frozen'. 😁

22 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I just wanted Mel Kiper to praise it.... 😪

Howzabout we give Caliendo fifty bucks to do his Kiper imitation?

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Probably would have gone Tryon over Roussseau but I'm fine with the pick.  Once Etienne was gone I wanted an edge pass rusher

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I was hoping for a trade down to grab another 3rd round pick.  

Yeah these are basically it for me.  With Etienne gone I wanted to either trade down for an extra 3rd (which it appears they tried to do), or just the best value at CB/WR/Edge and the value seemed gone at that point for CB and WR.  I haven't followed draft prospects too closely this year, but after looking into Rousseau he seems the Allen/Edmunds style athletic with upside pick.  Exactly the kind of "we don't need to be in a window" development for continued success selection I've been talking about this whole time.

Now we can focus on value in the next tier of CB and WR in day 2.  Leaning towards CB in round 2 as the most pressing need, and WR in the 3rd with another Davis style high value complementary piece.

I had really cooled on some guys like JOK (don't see the fit), Oweh (no production worries me) etc. Didn't really have a convicted pick, perhaps Samuel (we can still get he or another CB in Rd2), maybe Elijah Moore (Beasley replacement, admittedly a luxury pick).  Having said that, this pick was a solid McBeane type pick and I love the upside.

• Like (+1) 1

I was shocked JOK was there and more surprised we didn’t snag him.  If he makes it to ~45, which I doubt, I hope Beaner goes after him, I’d give up this years and next years 2nd and 2 5ths for him. 

The pick we made seems like a lot of potential, I like it much more than AJE.  Hopefully, this isn’t indicative that they realize the missed on him already. 

• Sad 1

I have to be honest - when we were on the clock and with the board, I would have been happy with just about anyone of the top prospects. My feeling was and still is, our draft picks will directly tell us how the coaches feel about our current roster and our plans moving into the future. I could have justified almost any pick by the team.

Drought are we coining this guy Rouss.  Love it.  Was sick in one day trying to remember the full spelling.😂😏👍🤪😇

I remember my father in law used to say Roush was a German word for MOVE IT.  With that guy with all his potential I’m hoping he lives up to that one.  I can see a world where he and Oliver are stunting and terrorizing offenses in time.  Now tell Epenesa to get his wheat ties going and get back to that beast at 280 lbs.  if he needs help, call 1-800 Buffalo barbarian.  He’ll get him there.  He was too light last year.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good lord, that sounds like a line from 'Frozen'. 😁

Howzabout we give Caliendo fifty bucks to do his Kiper imitation?

Todd, Todd, Todd....

Like many on here I had JOK as the BPA left on the board and was initially disappointed w/ the selection. After sleeping on it I have come to like the pick. He provides us w/ a young DE that was a huge need where JOK is more of a luxury pick and LB was not even close to a need as Edge was. BTW, I cheered when both rb's came off the board before us and was hoping Newsome would fall to us. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

For those wanting JOK, where would you play him? At MLB and move Edmunds outside? Doesn't seem tall enough to play outside, and not fast enough to play big nickel. 

I repeatedly bash Edmunds but the staff seems committed to him at MLB.

I think he can be good anywhere honestly. Arguably the best nickel back in the country this past year and he's good at LB and safety as well. Sounds like there's medical issues with him though.

Edited by DCOrange

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

None of the analysts were saying Rousseau. I was on multiple message boards and no one said it. So its funny now that so many people are saying it was the obvious pick. Its not terrible just not a value pick. 

Steve Tasker made his prediction yesterday on One Bills Live that it would be Rouseau (gonna have to learn how to spell it lol).  @BADOLBILZ has been championing for him at least over the last week.  Hell even @ScottLaw was happy with the pick which might be the first time ever!

I wanted JOK after the Ravens didn't take him.  @NoSaint asked another poster where he would play and it gave me pause.  Drafting at 30 I wanted a defensive player.  I didn't want rb/wr or even o-line through the entire process.  I am happy with the pick as he is "toolsy" but also had a year of really good production to show he can play.  The fact that he is newish to the position is another positive as he put up those numbers and has room to grow.

Excited and hopeful he can come in and make his presence felt quickly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he can be good anywhere honestly. Arguably the best nickel back in the country this past year and he's good at LB and safety as well. Sounds like there's medical issues with him though.

I try to keep an open mind but there isn't a great big nickel in the NFL.  

Your best bet against an elite TE is still to put a good CB on him.    It's not like we haven't seen Tre White do a good job on Gronk or Antoine Winfield blanketing Tony Gonzalez a couple decades ago.    That's your best bet.

I don't see JOK as being as good in coverage as Asante Samuel......who I could use elsewhere when the TE isn't a big threat......... so I would never pick JOK over a guy like that.    

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I try to keep an open mind but there isn't a great big nickel in the NFL.  

Your best bet against an elite TE is still to put a good CB on him.    It's not like we haven't seen Tre White do a good job on Gronk or Antoine Winfield blanketing Tony Gonzalez a couple decades ago.    That's your best bet.

I don't see JOK as being as good in coverage as Asante Samuel......who I could use elsewhere when the TE isn't a big threat......... so I would never pick JOK over a guy like that.    

yup. The stats on a decent corner covering a tight end definitely bear this out. Gives up a little in the run game but if we are designed to score early and often, I’ll take a pass rusher over a little extra thump in the run defense in a base set when we already have 2 LB pretty well written in ink. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.